Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

The Grand Experiment: Can you transition to 5*s pulling as you go as a progession-only F2P player?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 2,438 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not awesome lol. 2/1/2 - I went hard on Domino because I wanted to finish her up, but now that she is 2/5/5 I’m thinking I might give it a rest and see what happens with Prowler. I see bishop is coming up featured though, are we sure it isn’t him? Not that that is much more help with him at 2/2/2...

i ended up getting the CP from god of lies, pulled:
    Spider-Woman: purple (8th saved)

been eyeing the New Year vault since it opened, and I finally got up to 3600hp just before it closed. Didn’t hit the LT, but I did get the 1k hp, the last red XfDP I need to finish him, and a bulls3ye that gave an LT:
    Ghost 4ider: red
  • BigSoftieFFBigSoftieFF Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I don’t hunk anyone knows for sure but that who all the speculation is around. I too was hoping it would be Domino first cause she’s my highest leveled new 4* and I e got a bunch of upcoming iso needs. 

The btbtb CotT featuring Drax,Fury,Venom is gonna hurt my stash cause they’re all around level 90 😝 
    Right there with you on Drax (1/4/7 lvl 94) and Venom (5/6/2 lvl 70), but if you have 5 on blue for Fury his crash is entirely winnable at low-ish levels. Mine is up to 5/5/3 lvl 173, and I've won a crash with him at least once.

I moved my BH to Prowler for now, he was going to be next for me anyway because I like the cut of his jib. I guess we'll see what happens. It could be that they go back to a set of all-vintage characters this time, but I suppose people have their ways of knowing these things. 

I managed to get up to 897pts in God of Lies last night with minimal resistance, and as I was working on that last one i needed for Medusa, it took a little longer than I thought, and I came out to a 200pt loss lol. I set it down for now, I'll get back on it later I guess.

I'm probably going back to SCL8 for Simulator, against all tile-movers I'm expecting it would be too much time/effort to stay at 9. I'll see how it feels tonight when I actually enter it.

My longest recorded dry spell in Latest Legends (since last June) was 15 pulls, no 5*s but a single 4* bh. I am currently sitting at 14 4*s with 2 bonuses, so I'm getting pretty close to the record. Kind of funny that it's happening while I'm publicly tracking it...sort of the "Hey guys, watch this cool trick! *promptly breaks ankle*" phenomenon lol.
    Hit 40 wins in God of Lies, Medusa lvl 290 gave me an LT:
    Cable: Yellow (1/1/1)

now we’re talking (I guess) lol
  • BigSoftieFFBigSoftieFF Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I’d take that yellow Cable in a heartbeat!!
    Decided to rechamp 3* Cap, LT was good for:
    kingpin: Green

now we’re talking indeed!
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,284 Chairperson of the Boards

kingpin: Green

I guess you broke RNG's will.
    edited January 8
    It's been my experience since I've been tracking that when a long dry streak breaks, it tends to break with a hot streak rather than just a quiet return to normalcy.

Beat the Invisible Woman crash with a 5/5/3 lvl 153 IW with no boosts, that was fun. LT was good for:

Spider-Gwen: Red (4th saved)

Also pulled the 13th cover i need to re-champ 3* Thanos, but since I don't have the LT level banked I'll leave my 3* BH on him until it shows up before champing him.

I hit Shield Level 125 as well, so I'm back up to 130k iso. 

With Kitty boosted, I figured it was worth trying simulator on SCL9. As expected, the 5e node was hard, but the rest of the mission was pretty easy. If my Prowler was good, I'd think he was probably the go-to for that shuri/p4nther/gho5t rider node, but for now my move has been to mirror-match it. I was able to do the first 2 clears, and then splashed down real hard.
    That free Human Torch cover was good for 5cp, which put me at 28. Took a latest pull:

Lockjaw: Green 
    Hot streak indeed:

got a 14th cover for 3* thanos, rechamped him for an LT.

Cable: Green

bonus

Gho5t Rider: Red (7/4/3)

now: do I Switch my 4* bh off of Prowler and put it on Ghost 4ider to get the next 14 covers it’ll take to finish him, or make use of this extra time between releases to try and get caught up on Shield Training-proofing my roster?

Gho5t Rider: Red (7/4/3)

now: do I Switch my 4* bh off of Prowler and put it on Ghost 4ider to get the next 14 covers it’ll take to finish him, or make use of this extra time between releases to try and get caught up on Shield Training-proofing my roster?
    If it were me, I'd just continue to set 5* Ghosty as the sole 5* BH without worrying about 4* Ghosty. That last Robbie cover will come eventually. I don't know when 5* Ghosty will be the essential again; you might want to start saving up 250CP as insurance.
    I have GSBW and Captain Marv3l left to re-champ at the 3* tier, maybe after that I'll move my 3* BH back to The Hood since he still has 2 more Johnny blaze covers to give out; just kind of casually getting a few covers for him on purpose but not really going after it hard.
    edited January 9
    got the 10cp out of Simulator progression yesterday along with some loose cp from various champ rewards, had me at 20. Idol of Millions 10cp gave me enough for another draw:

Kate Bishop: Purple (3/9/5) - slowly filling in all the random gaps on my unchampable 4*s with this process. I still have 14 non-limited 4* characters with <13 covers, 6 of them with <12 covers, and 2 of those are Bishop and Prowler with 7 and 5 covers respectively.

Now that the character release has been delayed a week, I'm thinking of using my iso to champ Reed or Sue. Reed has the more pressing PVP, but I'm sure Sue is right behind him. Neither is at 209, so it's a lot of iso to try for both. I guess I'll start by getting Reed to 209 first.

*edit* okay, Reed is at 209 now, Sue is at 173. Iso debt to champ them both is 564,659. Reed has 5 saved covers, Sue has 7, so there are LTs in the mix for me if I can champ them both.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 2,473 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been my experience since I've been tracking that when a long dry streak breaks, it tends to break with a hot streak rather than just a quiet return to normalcy.

As I'm currently on a 0/25 streak I sure hope you are right about this!
    Pay attention when the streak breaks and let us know lol. I've never seen a streak that dry for myself, but invariably a dry spell longer than 10 4*s has been broken by a string of 2 or 3 in quick succession.

Just finished sub 3 in Simulator for 30cp, was up to 47. 

Wiccan: Green (2cp champ level)
    10cp from Stretch Goals put me up to 34.

Ghost: Red (2nd saved)
    edited January 11
    Started Unstable Iso8 at SCL-9, first 3* Torch reward was an LT champ level.

Ant-Man: Yellow (6th saved)

@ThaRoadWarrior haha your constant updates remind me of that thread where forumites would update their LT results. I forgot why it became defunct; I miss reading about others’ LT pulls. It’s fun to see that sort of resurrected here, albeit in a micro version XD
    edited January 11
    Lol, I know it's kind of ridiculous - i feel like I'm live-tweeting my game sometimes. But my hope was that somebody transitioning, or tired of hoarding, or whatever, might want to just see what it looks like to pull as you go, as you go. I'm sure in 6 months when some rando digs this thread up, and reads along one-two pulls at a time, they'll be like "what a nut..."

But really the reason I'm doing it is because whenever I'd see other people talk about pulling as they go and staying current, they'd be all "I'm pulling down X LTs/day" and I was always thinking "From where? there's only so much cp in the tree..." So I figured I'd just call it out as I got it, so anyone so inclined would see how to do it
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,002 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol, I know it's kind of ridiculous - i feel like I'm live-tweeting my game sometimes. But my hope was that somebody transitioning, or tired of hoarding, or whatever, might want to just see what it looks like to pull as you go, as you go. I'm sure in 6 months when some rando digs this thread up, and reads along one-two pulls at a time, they'll be like "what a nut..."

But really the reason I'm doing it is because whenever I'd see other people talk about pulling as they go and staying current, they'd be all "I'm pulling down X LTs/day" and I was always thinking "From where? there's only so much cp in the tree..." So I figured I'd just call it out as I got it, so anyone so inclined would see how to do it
    Since I have the current three more or less maxed (Fisk would entail a swap, but still) I am hoarding for a very long time.  So in the interim I decided I'll just live vicariously through you and your pulls, lol.  Too bad you buried this in theories and stats, because I never visit this neck of the woods unless I remind myself your thread is here.