Heroic jugg discussion

1313233343537»

Comments

• jefip wrote:
    Extremely frustrated.

The event ends at 6am for me (i am in Hong Kong btw). I set my alarm clock and woke up at 4am. Make the final push. Almost used every boost to make it to #5 about 10 minutes to go. Got locked out to #12 about 5 mintues to go. So i decided to make a final push and played with the mag, rag and daken fight. I lost due to unbelieve cascade from the AI..Darn!!! Ended Top 50.

Really pissed off about that. Spent so much time and event on this event try to get some lazy Thor. Now he is only 1/2/3 instead of 2/3/3.....aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

But in the next event you will have a nice, shiny, REQUIRED Lazy Thor so you can swoop in spend five minutes winning the high-point nodes that other people cannot even enter.
  • I think this game is popular enough now to think about having events bracketed by 3 timezones. You are free to sign up for whatever you want though you probably should pick the one where the time the tournament ends matches your prime time.
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    Dang, I slipped out of the top 20 in the last two or three minutes of the tournament. I imagine that there will be plenty of 0/0/3 Lazy Thors running around along with mine.

One here for sure.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I think this game is popular enough now to think about having events bracketed by 3 timezones. You are free to sign up for whatever you want though you probably should pick the one where the time the tournament ends matches your prime time.

Was just thinking about something similar earlier. Like a 24h PVE event that runs 3 days and you can start anytime. Would be nice but scaling and stuff would be tricky. Could maybe just do rewards for hitting certain amount points or gauntlet type event with increasing difficulty (players could choose 3 characters at the start which are then locked in for the whole gauntlet and scale enemy levels accordingly, if you fail and want to change teams you have to restart).
  • numez wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I think this game is popular enough now to think about having events bracketed by 3 timezones. You are free to sign up for whatever you want though you probably should pick the one where the time the tournament ends matches your prime time.

Was just thinking about something similar earlier. Like a 24h PVE event that runs 3 days and you can start anytime. Would be nice but scaling and stuff would be tricky. Could maybe just do rewards for hitting certain amount points or gauntlet type event with increasing difficulty (players could choose 3 characters at the start which are then locked in for the whole gauntlet and scale enemy levels accordingly, if you fail and want to change teams you have to restart).

Scaling should still be based on the all the brackets put together. It wouldn't be any different from now. Instead of joining say Heroic Jugg Round 1, you can enter either Heroic Jugg Round 1 Euro, Heroic Jugg Round 1 US, or Heroic Jugg Round 1 something else and they'd be spaced out 8 hours apart. You can only join one, and if you want to just join one at the last minute you can still do that too. This will avoid the problem of having an event end at a bad time for your timezone which makes it impossible to be competitive.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    numez wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Scaling should still be based on the all the brackets put together. It wouldn't be any different from now. Instead of joining say Heroic Jugg Round 1, you can enter either Heroic Jugg Round 1 Euro, Heroic Jugg Round 1 US, or Heroic Jugg Round 1 something else and they'd be spaced out 8 hours apart. You can only join one, and if you want to just join one at the last minute you can still do that too. This will avoid the problem of having an event end at a bad time for your timezone which makes it impossible to be competitive.
    That would be SO perfect.
    I very much enjoyed being able to time my refreshes without sacrificing sleep, I could get used to that (got top 2 after all).

However, I can totally see the developers not implementing this - my usual 8 hour shields would turn to 3 hour shields at the most, or maybe no shields at all if I don't have to secure my rank through my sleep time in the end, and that probably would reduce hero points usage for shields massively.
  • Phantron wrote:

I wonder if they could do one where you can enter at any time between x and y (probably 24 hours apart) but the event will end 24 hours after your bracket finishes forming. That way, you'd have a bunch of people with the same time constraints. I could see it being a coding nightmare, but I could also see it ending a lot of the complaints about end times. All brackets have to end by 24 hours after y, allowing people who want to join late to do that too.
  • afsplat
    afsplat Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    8:00 Pacific time and I still haven't received the event rewards...
  • Well I mostly disliked this event. But with less than one minute to go on the event timer, Juggs used headbutt, reducing my last char (wolv) down to 30, but killing Juggs in the process. Getting me into the top 400 right at the death.

Rather stupid decision making by the AI, but makes a change from losing to massive cascades icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Well I mostly disliked this event. But with less than one minute to go on the event timer, Juggs used headbutt, reducing my last char (wolv) down to 30, but killing Juggs in the process. Getting me into the top 400 right at the death.

Rather stupid decision making by the AI, but makes a change from losing to massive cascades icon_e_biggrin.gif

So far the funniest one I've seen is Daken killing himself with a Thorned Rose. When he's the last opponent standing and couldn't use anything the AP for anything in the first place.