Adeliz doesn't buff stolen wizards [Investigating]

Laeuftbeidir
Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
.. Stolen by Willbreaker. Even if it's not a permanent control, I do control them until end of turn. Other buffs work with Willbreaker.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the report. I'll go ahead and relay this to the team for investigation. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Tombstone said:
    Thank you for the report. I'll go ahead and relay this to the team for investigation. 
    It's the 31st of December. Shouldn't you be out of office? I hope it's still early in your timezone and you'll have a nice new years eve!

Thanks for the tag
  • Tombstone
    I've discussed this issue with the team, and have been informed that Adeliz, the Cinder Wind will only buff Wizards that are on the player's side at the time of its activation. If Adeliz, the Cinder Wind is your first creature on the battlefield its ability will trigger before the opposing creature is stolen which is why the creature would not receive the buff afterward.  
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do not know what the team deliberations were but I can accept the decision. The decision do require a change to the text, right?

I think something like this should clear up any confusion:

”... , your wizards under your control get ...”

• Laeuftbeidir
    Tombstone said:
    I've discussed this issue with the team, and have been informed that Adeliz, the Cinder Wind will only buff Wizards that are on the player's side at the time of its activation. If Adeliz, the Cinder Wind is your first creature on the battlefield its ability will trigger before the opposing creature is stolen which is why the creature would not receive the buff afterward.  
    Agree
     with that in general. But doesn't she get activated with every spell cast? My deck was set up to play around twenty to thirty spells per turn. The first stolen wizard should receive the buff when the second spell is cast and for every spell afterwards. If I cast other wizards within the loop, they get buffed as well.
    If they don't want her to buff stolen creatures, then the wording needs to be adapted
  • Tombstone
    Thanks for the additional information. What you are saying seems correct based on Adeliz, the Cinder Wind's current wording. I'll be passing this up for further review. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Update - if the stolen creature takes the place of the third creature, the buff works correctly. It just doesn't work when it's on a n overflow position