Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    The store art for the Family Legends store is interesting. One guy yelling and two other guys lashing out with drawn weapons. The devs must have interesting family gatherings.
    It's a cage match between wolverine and thor, while black bolt is the referee who just announced "let's get ready to rumble!"
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    It's a cage match between wolverine and thor, while black bolt is the referee who just announced "let's get ready to rumble!"
    And then everyone died.
    User name checks out...
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    While I played the essential node of Shield Training, I noticed that Call the Calvary appeared multiple times.  My Coulson is only at 1/1/1, so I don't play him unless essential.  
    I could not stop thinking this after the fifth time I saw Call the Calvary and every time it repeated:
    May, would you pick up the [tinykitty] phone?!?  I said I was sorry!  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I played the essential node of Shield Training, I noticed that Call the Calvary appeared multiple times.  My Coulson is only at 1/1/1, so I don't play him unless essential.  
    I could not stop thinking this after the fifth time I saw Call the Calvary and every time it repeated:
    May, would you pick up the [tinykitty] phone?!?  I said I was sorry!  
    Yep. It happens constantly. You would not believe his phone bill ;)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sometimes read OBW:s blue power as Anti Gravy device.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every time Thor refers to Sentry by his full name, I misread it as "Ryan Reynolds".
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every time Thor refers to Sentry by his full name, I misread it as "Ryan Reynolds".
    Incoming 4* Sentrypool
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Random Old-Timer Thought of the Day:
    Playing “Prodigal Sun” reminded me that once upon a time the boost list was less random than it is today, so for Prodigal Sun, for example, you would expect all the Dark Avengers to be boosted for thematic reasons.  It was an interesting little thing, but it also meant that I thought 2* Captain America was better than he was simply because he was boosted ALL. THE. TIME. in PVE.

I think I’ll always have a fondness for 2* Ares/Daken/Moonstone because of their helping me get my first Top 100 during a release in this event (4* Elektra).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the second node of the Deadpool Daily, I was using Ares, Black Widow and Bullseye as my team for some nice rainbow coverage.  Turns out that I didn't need to be fully covered; I didn't earn a single green AP in either of the waves.  No green matches.  No incidental greens from match-4 or 5s.  Nothing.  I had 15+ AP in each of the other colors as well as team up AP, but no green at all.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Upon first look at the new Torch/Doom/Namor version of the MPQ logo, I thought the "PQ" was some kind of serious bling neckless on Namor with where it fell on his chest.  Realistically, this same thing has probably occurred on most every instance of the three-character MPQ logos, but this is the first time it really jumped out to me.