Gwen Pool ****?

Fawkes2574
Fawkes2574 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
So I got her "Sploits" power in a drop, and she's sitting in my recruit bin. Not sure if I want to boot another character cover for her, as I have a full roster, nor the money to open a slot right now. I'm not a fan of this character, but I have to admit that I am a bit curious. How does one implement the "codes" to use with her power up? I looked up the wiki page on this, but how does it work on a touch screen smart phone?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I assume you are talking about the cheat sheets like this one:

Non-joke Codes Organized by Effect:
    Destroy Columns:
    1 = 249
    2 = 156
    3 = 123
    4 = 278
    5 = 569
    6 = 589
    7 = 137
    8 = 279

Destroy Rows:
    1 = 469
    2 = 135
    3 = 168
    4 = 136
    5 = 124
    6 = 246
    7 = 189
    8 = 148

Remove Special Tiles:
    Attack = 237
    Protect = 689
    Strike = 478

Destroy Corners:
    Top Left = 256
    Top Right = 169
    Bottom Right = 568
    Bottom Left = 245

Random Tile Destruction:
    Random Column = 679
    Random Corner = 356
    Random Row = 149
    Random Tiles - 349

The numbers are really shorthand, with the grid looking like a regular numerical keoyboard:

1 2 3

4 5 6

7 8 9

So if you want to use the "random column" code, 6 7 9, you need to use the middle button on the right side (6), the one in the bottom left corner (7) and the one in the bottom right corner (9). It doesn't matter what order you press them, just get the right Three buttons for the effect you want.

• Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Gwenpool is fun--she was my first 4-Star champ, and I spent many early battles giggling as Chekhov's gun obliterated entire teams and 'Sploits got rid of Muscle Strike Tiles.

However, by the time I had a stable of six or more 4-star champs with folks like Gamora, Captain Marvel, and Medusa, her value did not really appreciate.She used to have a decent place on my team as a third for Th4r and IM40...until I champed Red Hulk.

In the end, I think she can be quite fun and very useful in PVE. If you are playing to be competitive (or if you are not playing to be a completionist) she is not gonna be worth your time.

I will however defend to my dying breath the value of my 2nd 4-star champ (Brock Venom) as being worth it for any roster :naughty:
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love Gwenpool. You need to keep her reference sheet handy, which is sometimes a little awkward, but she has amazing board control, and her green is very powerful, if unpredictable. When she's boosted, she can clear entire waves by herself.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want a powerful yet easy to remember Gwenpool Sploit code then all you have to do is go to The Avengers code: Cap, Thor & Iron Man.
  • Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I love Gwenpool. You need to keep her reference sheet handy, which is sometimes a little awkward, but she has amazing board control, and her green is very powerful, if unpredictable. When she's boosted, she can clear entire waves by herself.
    My phone still autocompletes most searches that start with G as 'Gwenpool 'sploits codes'
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Gwenpool is a lot of fun, and great against bosses. Even when she's not boosted that green will do a serious chunka change against a single opponent, and when she's boosted, look out.

I printed out a little credit-card sized cheat sheet that I keep in my wallet:

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's an interesting wallet.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    That's an interesting wallet.
    It has built-in anti-theft measures. Very effective :3
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I play her a lot in Boss Events where precision board control is key.
    For sure against Thanos
    Sometimes against Galactus or ULTRON

Gwenpool + SWitch + C4clops is my preferred ultimate precision team.
    Also provides full rainbow coverage, albeit Gwenpool's Black is usually pretty worthless.