Alliance Events - Rewards - None Participants Shouldn't be Rewarded

I want to officially make a recommendation for a system change surrounding rewards given out during the Alliance Events. As many have probably noticed that during the big Alliance Events (Galactus Hungers, Avengers vs. Ultron, Apocalypse, Civil Wars, Sinister 600, etc) there always seem to be a large number of none or low participation as well as an abundance of "leeches" that attach themselves to open Alliances just to "leech" the rewards without contributing fully or at all to acquire the progression rewards.

So, my recommendation is that rewards should only be granted based on participation and contribution. 

1) Only those members of the Alliance that fully participate or contribute shall received the designated progression rewards per round and the overall game progressions.  Fully participate would equal either receiving the max number of points that participate can receive or a percentage (example - 80-100%) of the max points, during that round.

2) Partial participants/contributors per round should receive a Support Reward or a Consolation Reward but not the main progression Rewards

3) Zero participant/contributors during a respective round should get NOTHING for that round.

Limiting the amount of progression rewards granted to none or low contributors will increase participation and weed out the leech Alliance jumpers that always pop up in open Alliances during Alliance Events,

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't you just set the Alliance to Private when there's a boss event? I mean, I respect that this is a problem, but there are steps that can be taken if you feel it is a problem. Set to private and kick out people who aren't contributing Before the event starts.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I want to officially make a recommendation for a system change surrounding rewards given out during the Alliance Events. As many have probably noticed that during the big Alliance Events (Galactus Hungers, Avengers vs. Ultron, Apocalypse, Civil Wars, Sinister 600, etc) there always seem to be a large number of none or low participation as well as an abundance of "leeches" that attach themselves to open Alliances just to "leech" the rewards without contributing fully or at all to acquire the progression rewards.

So, my recommendation is that rewards should only be granted based on participation and contribution. 

1) Only those members of the Alliance that fully participate or contribute shall received the designated progression rewards per round and the overall game progressions.  Fully participate would equal either receiving the max number of points that participate can receive or a percentage (example - 80-100%) of the max points, during that round.

2) Partial participants/contributors per round should receive a Support Reward or a Consolation Reward but not the main progression Rewards

3) Zero participant/contributors during a respective round should get NOTHING for that round.

Limiting the amount of progression rewards granted to none or low contributors will increase participation and weed out the leech Alliance jumpers that always pop up in open Alliances during Alliance Events,
    I absolutely hate this idea (as stated).  All the alliance events are on Thurs-Sunday, when roughly 80% of my Alliance can't play (We're mostly friends that work at, have worked at, or are regulars at a particular bar).  The few of us that can play during those days, go all-out to try and make sure the rest of our friends can get something.... anything... while they are working their money shifts.

As long as the Alliance Events are perpetually on the worst days ever... I can't support not giving rewards to the entire alliance.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    With the current structure of alliance events this would affect fully participating alliances quite badly. There are simply not enough points available in the rounds to allow all of the players in an alliance to participate fully in each round.