Problem: Coalition captain probably stopped playing, consequentially problems aren't being addressed

LordDorwin
LordDorwin Posts: 78 Match Maker
edited December 2018 in MtGPQ Coalitions
If this is the wrong place to put this post, could a moderator please move it - I am still unsure despite reading the posting rules.

When I joined my current coalition, it was an active coalition with a bell-curve distribution of players from veterans to complete newbies.

Recently I noticed a slide downward in our rankings and checked the activity of the membership again.  Basically, the curve has become skewed to the left, with a cadre of enthusiastic players racking up points (this includes one rapidly-improving ex-newbie).

Some of the old veterans, including the captain, have recently stopped playing but not withdrawn.

Because he is no longer administering the group, about six places opened by newbies who withdrew prior to quitting are now filled by professional parasites, who enter every event but play no matches, relying on the enthusiasts' work to get them rewards.

Obviously, the presence of these tapeworms is detrimental to the coalition, but the person who used to eject such vermin is (probably permanently) inactive.

Is there something that can be done in this type of situation? 

I don't want to leave because of a silly problem like this.

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only real solution is to ask whoever the coalition leader is to pass off the crown to someone who is more active and thus able to kick the parasites.

Other than that, I don't think there is anything you can do other than find a new coalition.
  • LordDorwin
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the reply.

That's what I was dreading.  I'm trying to find out from the other active guys if any of them knows how to contact him by email, seeing as he's stopped logging on.

It would be a pity for the coalition to be have to be left to the dead weight due to such a completely avoidable cause.
  • Mburn7
    Thanks for the reply.

That's what I was dreading.  I'm trying to find out from the other active guys if any of them knows how to contact him by email, seeing as he's stopped logging on.

It would be a pity for the coalition to be have to be left to the dead weight due to such a completely avoidable cause.
    You could try leading a coup, I guess, where all of the active coalition members file tickets asking for the crown to be forcibly removed and given to a chosen active member.  I have no idea if this would work, though.
  • LordDorwin
    Maybe worth a last resort try.  I discussed this with one of the other active guys and I think the problem is that the vermin is also technically "active" and has a vested interest in preserving the status quo.
  • Mburn7
    Maybe worth a last resort try.  I discussed this with one of the other active guys and I think the problem is that the vermin is also technically "active" and has a vested interest in preserving the status quo.
    Well if that's the case a coup definitely seems in order.
    Or you and the active players just leave and let the idlers to fend for themselves
    (I happen to know a very nice active coalition that is always looking for active players, if you're interested)
  • LordDorwin
    Appreciate your offer.  If it comes to that, it may well be a couple of us - I'll get back to you if we want out.

Thanks, man.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    @LordDorwin were you ever able to resolve this issues?
  • LordDorwin
    Hi, sorry for the late response - The issue was basically resolved by the 4 active players leaving and joining far better coalitions.

After this the parasites scattered and I believe the coalition was autodeleted for having fewer than 3 members (It certainly no longer exists).

Are you facing a similar problem?  If so, I suggest doing what we did - there are plenty of active coalitions which will gladly accept new members.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    [[MOD NOTE]] Closing this thread due to necro activity and resolved issue. Bk
This discussion has been closed.