Landscape/Rotation for mobile devices (iOs/Android)

Stick
Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
I apologize if this has been brought up/answered before. I play primarily on my iPad, and I'm wondering why this game only has portrait mode for the orientation? I don't see why it can't rotate into landscape, especially when playing on PC/steam it has a landscape mode as the default.

Is this an oversight, or would implementing such a feature ruin everything? Failing a landscape rotation, even a 180 degree rotation would be nice, so if I'm charging the tablet while I play, the cable is coming out of the top and is much less awkward would be great.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely wouldn't mind that for tablet versions of the game.
  • guzktgui
    guzktgui Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I asked for 180 degree rotation about a year ago because of the charging while playing issue, I do not have experience programming for iOS or Android but this shouldn't be too complicated
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    For Landscape mode, just move the characters from above the puzzle board with the player's team to the left of the Board and the opposing team to the right.
  • pure7734
    pure7734 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I'm sure there's no significant financial value in doing this, but I would love to play more on my iPad.  As it is, though, I struggle with playing in portrait on the iPad (I rarely hold my iPad in portrait) using what is noticeably just a blown up version of the iPhone UI.  The tiles are unnecessarily large (to the point where they just don't look right, like I have the screen too close to my face) and the resolution on some of the graphics resources are noticeably upscaled and blurry looking, or with pixelated edges.  And if you have the 12.9" Pro, holding it in portrait just feels ridiculous.

One solution in play would be to just port the Steam version UI and resources.  That UI is already in landscape and would feel way better on the iPad.

I would even pay for this as an in app unlock if needed.

Again, I would love to play more on the iPad, but just can't bring myself to do it in it's current state.
  • ckempo
    ckempo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I remember the days when I first started playing when my (Android) tablet had landscape mode, before it was removed in an update at some point in time...
  • Dragmus
    Dragmus Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I'm resurrecting this old thread to add my name to the list of people underwhelmed by the iPad version.

I just played on an iPad for the first time after always playing on an iPhone. Like pure7734 pointed out, a lot of the graphics are low resolution and look blurry or pixelated. It's a weird mix of high and low resolution elements.

It's disappointing to see that this has been a problem as far back as August 2017 and the graphics haven't been updated. The worst of it is the actual gems. You'd think that would be the part of the game the developers would put the most effort into making look as good as possible since that's what players are focused on most of the time, but they're all burry.

I agree that having a landscape mode similar to the Steam version would be ideal. If that's too much to ask, please at least update those low-res graphics.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Dragmus said:
    I'm resurrecting this old thread to add my name to the list of people underwhelmed by the iPad version.

I just played on an iPad for the first time after always playing on an iPhone. Like pure7734 pointed out, a lot of the graphics are low resolution and look blurry or pixelated. It's a weird mix of high and low resolution elements.

It's disappointing to see that this has been a problem as far back as August 2017 and the graphics haven't been updated. The worst of it is the actual gems. You'd think that would be the part of the game the developers would put the most effort into making look as good as possible since that's what players are focused on most of the time, but they're all burry.

I agree that having a landscape mode similar to the Steam version would be ideal. If that's too much to ask, please at least update those low-res graphics.
    Most modern Android devices allow you to force the rotation into Landscape.  It's not great, as it letter-boxes the empty space on each side, but it's better than being forced into portrait.

Dunno if Fisher-Price's Baby's-First-Tablet (i.e.: iPad) has the same options.