Christmas DDQ - NO CAPES! Cloak & Dagger vs 5trange

sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
Thankfully, the 5-star Strange in this Crash has a lot less health than even a mid-level Cloak and Dagger.  You should probably stay as a black generator, as Strange can use the yellow.  Deny blue so he can't stun you, and it should be a relatively easy match. I won pretty easily with my champed Cloak and Dagger, using match damage right up until I was able to take him out with their Yellow ability.  My son's 1/4/4 Cloak also won, although it was much closer.  His LT got him a Nico cover, bringing her to 4/2/4.  My LT is still in the hoard.

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    I rarely ever play as C&D, so looking for some advice one this Crash.
    Speced at 1/3/3.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty easy for a 5/5/3 C&D with plenty of champ levels (280-something). Just match damage and Attack tiles, never even fired a power.
    Speced at 1/3/3.
    I'm not really sure how to advise you here. Being under-covered on yellow is kind of rough. I'm not sure what the damage is like at that point, but my suspicion is that you're not going to be getting a good exchange from either of your damaging powers vs. Flames of the Faltine. I'd probably focus on denying him AP and chipping away, while saving up yellow for a hopeful finisher. Best of luck!
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    A lvl 74 I have. I might sit this out lol
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Pretty easy for a 5/5/3 C&D with plenty of champ levels (280-something). Just match damage and Attack tiles, never even fired a power.
    Speced at 1/3/3.
    I'm not really sure how to advise you here. Being under-covered on yellow is kind of rough. I'm not sure what the damage is like at that point, but my suspicion is that you're not going to be getting a good exchange from either of your damaging powers vs. Flames of the Faltine. I'd probably focus on denying him AP and chipping away, while saving up yellow for a hopeful finisher. Best of luck!
    Agreed. It will be a tough fight, but if you want to try it, I'd load up on match damage bonuses.  +100% All, +50% blue/purple, and +50% green/black (since you will be making a lot more black matches than yellow)  His purple won't damage you, but his yellow and blue will really hurt you, so if you need to deny AP do blue first, then yellow.  Do not fire your powers unless you can kill him with them before his passive kills you.

Good luck!
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Stuck with match damage. Took two tries with my lvl 152 1/3/3 C&D. First time Stange got a Blue off near the end. He only had 500 or so left. Second beat him with plenty of health remaining as blue and yellow were scarce.

Token was a Green America Chavez.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Champed C&D had little problem with this one. It is worth using Cloak's black to help cutdown on any Flames damage and let you heal up for a while - hopefully you will already have a few attack tiles on the board to whittle away at Strange.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Speced at 1/3/3.
    Followed your advice and won on the third try (though, in full disclosure, I got click-happy and went no-boost the first time).

Winning board was yellow-depleted, focused on blue, black, and pink with match (and fist) damage only. Neither of us ever fired a power.

LLT added to my mini-hoard I'm considering building up for 5* Carol.