New Support: SP//DR (12/20/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

PERK LIST

Perk 1

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • When you make a Match-5, there's a 50% chance to give your team a burst of 3135 health.

Perk 3

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • At the start of battle, there's a 80% chance to gain 6 Yellow AP.

Perk 5

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • The supported character's base Blue match damage is increased by 531.

Spider-Ham Synergy Perk

• Rank 5 Level 250
  • When the enemy matches a friendly special tile, there's a 75% chance to stun a random enemy for 2 turns.

STORE OFFERS

General

• New vault and store offering will be made available at 12:00 PM ET on December 24th.
  • All special offers last for two days.

Supports: SP//DR Store

• Has all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus:
    • Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)
    • The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)
    • Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)
    • Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)
    • Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)
    • Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)
    • Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)
    • Hulkling (Young Avengers)
    • Wasp Gauntlets (Pym Blasters)
    • Quantum Realm (Sub-Atomic Space)
    • Carol's Communicator (Super Beeper)
    • The Carol Corps (Banshee Squadron)
    • Chewie (Flerken Feline)
    • Mirror Image (Loki's Trickery)
    • Yaro Root (Not Ripe)
    • Pocket Radio (Party Starter)
    • Lockheed (Dragon Companion)
    • Taskmaster's Sword (Deadly Blade)
    • Hope Summers (Mutant Messiah)
    • The Tinkerer (Phineas Mason)
    • Vanessa Fisk (Sophisticated)
    • SP//DR (Peni Parker)
  • SP//DR is available at 4x odds
  • Has Beginner, Advanced, and Master packs
  • The odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is 1 in 27.
  • Only visible if you have a token for the store.

SP//DR Vault

• A 120 item vault
    • 1x Supports: SP//DR Master Token
    • 5x Supports: SP//DR Advanced Tokens
    • 9x Supports: SP//DR Beginner Tokens
    • 1x random 4-Star Cover
    • 14x random 3-Star Covers
    • 63x random 2-Stars Covers
    • 1x 6,000 Red Iso-8
    • 3x 4,000 Red Iso-8
    • 3x 3,000 Red Iso-8
    • 2x 1,000 Red Iso-8
    • 3x 500 Red Iso-8
    • 2x 5,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 1,500 Iso-8
    • 8x 1,000 Iso-8

Nico Minoru Heroes for Hire

• Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 4,800 Hero Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • 1x Nico Minoru Blue cover
    • 2x SP//DR Advanced Tokens
    • 3x SP//DR Beginner Tokens
    • 30,000 Red Iso-8

Agent Coulson Heroes for Hire

• Available to all players
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • 250 Command Points
  • Maximum 1 purchase.
  • Contents:
    • 1x Agent Coulson Yellow cover
    • 1x SP//DR Master Token
    • 3x SP//DR Advanced Tokens
    • 100,000 Red Iso-8

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh boo I'd hoped she'd be a full character.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    That stun seems pretty cool. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    That stun seems pretty cool. 
    Sure, but you'd need to play Spider-Ham to enable it.  And as a limited character you're not going to be able to champ him any time soon.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    A one-star version would be reasonably playable on Scarlet Witch.  You’d get a small burst heal triggering off a passive, but otherwise not have to think about it too much.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    This is a pretty good support. 

IM40 1st turn Recharge or +1 Yellow AP to Invisible Woman. Equip any character who has cheap AoE with Quantum Realm support and their power hits for extra 5567 damage. 

Cross referenced from Tinkerer support: 

Rank 5 - At the start of battle, there's a 15% chance to gain 5 Black AP.
    • Level 50: ...there's a 27.79% chance...
    • Level 100: ...there's a 40.84% chance...
    • Level 150: ...there's a 53.90% chance...
    • Level 200: ...there's a 66.95% chance...
    • Level 250: ...there's a 80% chance...

Even at Rank 4, it's close to 70% fire rate. 

*Filed this support under RNG wishlist.*
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    @HoundofShadow  I feel pretty lucky to have a Rank 4 Quantum Realm Support and find your strategy, which assumes one has Rank 5 QR ready to go......interesting and only applicable to a small minority of players.

I do agree that getting this new Support could be nice.  It’s certainly a lot better than the Vanessa one.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    The take home message of this support synergy is to never take Spider-Ham against Black Panther. ;)
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm amused a child in a mech suit is the best support for IM40. :)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    They can’t reasonably think that’s viable in pvp.  It makes me think , no pvp or incredibly limited supports.  Kinda like no im40 yellow Ty’s.

with that said, you could use this support on Im40 in the 5e to bootstrap the 5* power.  So some interesting building blocks here to help people beat the 5e faster
  • GrimSkald
    Phumade said:
    GrimSkald said:
    They can’t reasonably think that’s viable in pvp.  It makes me think , no pvp or incredibly limited supports.  Kinda like no im40 yellow Ty’s.

with that said, you could use this support on Im40 in the 5e to bootstrap the 5* power.  So some interesting building blocks here to help people beat the 5e faster

At this point it's looking extremely likely that they won't ever add supports to PVP - it will complicate things a too much.  You'll need to look deep into the other player's roster to get a good idea of exactly what you're facing, and that will just be a pain in the tinykitty.

As far as IM40's yellow not being able to be sent as a Team Up, that's actually very consistent with the general team-up rules.  Any power that does something bad to the character who casts it cannot be sent as a team-up - Riri's green, Sentry Yellow, etc.  Since IM40's yellow stuns him when it goes off, it's not qualified since the TU won't have the drawback.

• Rhadamanthus23
    Rhadamanthus23 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Ok, I've been out of actual comic collecting for a while. Who the heck *is* Peni Parker? Usually, they have a nice little description along with a new character/support, don't they? I had no idea what she was standing next to until reading this thread; was it a helmet? Armored Big Wheel?
  • GrimSkald
    edited December 2018
    Ok, I've been out of actual comic collecting for a while. Who the heck *is* Peni Parker? Usually, they have a nice little description along with a new character/support, don't they? I had no idea what she was standing next to until reading this thread; was it a helmet? Armored Big Wheel?

I ran into this reference a week or two ago when checking into various Spider-verse stuff.  She's an alternate universe Peter Parker where they seem to be riffing on the classic Anime "Neon Genesis Evangelion."  So she's standing next to a mech suit, that's the Sp//der in the description.

I believe she was a part of a big Spider Verse event a few years ago where they brought together all the alternate Spider-Man characters.  It's where Peter met Spider-Gwen, actually.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Phumade said:
    GrimSkald said:

At this point it's looking extremely likely that they won't ever add supports to PVP - it will complicate things a too much.  You'll need to look deep into the other player's roster to get a good idea of exactly what you're facing, and that will just be a pain in the tinykitty.

As far as IM40's yellow not being able to be sent as a Team Up, that's actually very consistent with the general team-up rules.  Any power that does something bad to the character who casts it cannot be sent as a team-up - Riri's green, Sentry Yellow, etc.  Since IM40's yellow stuns him when it goes off, it's not qualified since the TU won't have the drawback.

Riri's green is a team-up. I use it all the time.
  • GrimSkald
    shardwick said:
    GrimSkald said:
    Phumade said:
    GrimSkald said:

Riri's green is a team-up. I use it all the time.
    Huh, now that I think of it, I've gotten it too.  I guess, since it's conditional, they don't consider it enough of a drawback to black it out.  But self-damage and self-stun are blocked.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a 1 star shuris lab with my free token. I already had a 2 star shuri lab.

My wife got a 1 star sp//dr
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any idea on when this support will be available with normal support tokens?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any idea on when this support will be available with normal support tokens?
    Soon.
    Probably around the time that CL10 rolls out.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Got a lucky pull of a Master token on a Daily Deal. Was excited. Opened it, it was a 4-star Dupe Chimichanga. The chances of pulling a dupe were less than 10% on a Master for me. I got 12k RISO. Completely stupid and irritating. Distribution of supports should be rethought.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've never bothered adding any narrative text to supports: either as a description of the support itself or to describe the abilities the support provides.  I think that's a bit of a missed opportunity.
    As @GrimSkald said, she was introduced in the Spider-Verse event as a Neon Genesis Evangelion riff.  I don't think I would describe her as a major player in that event: just one of the many alternative Spider-Man variants that appeared.  You had a radioactive spider in the mech, and Peni would synchronise with the spider to control the mech.
    The comic version looked a lot more like the Evangelion mechs.  The design shown here is from the film, where they changed it to something new that is less likely to get them sued for copyright infringement.