PVE

NightmarePL
NightmarePL Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
Hello guys maybe simple question for some of you what play this game for long time. I bit struggle with PVE as running out of health so idea is to clear noodes quick as possible. My team is mainly 3* im40 + khamala + strainge . Problem is what other teams you can assembly without burning health packs or waiting for regen . 

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Without knowing the rest of your roster, it's hard for anyone to point out other team combos for ya.  

If you're burning through more than 10 healthpacks in a pve, chances are you need to drop down a tier.  Also, the team that you listed, Strange is only really of use when there are goons. If you have tile movers, he's too squishy to be left out there.  
  • NightmarePL
    I have most of 3* rooster and only Caroll 4* with 2 cards missing on yellow .Dunno how to share my rooster 
  • Waddles_Pines
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/

You have to register and then manually input all of your characters, covers, and levels.  What SCL do you play PVE on?  Have you tried going down a level or two?  Just because you can access a higher level, doesn't mean it's right for you at this time.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    You could try Cage(3/5/5) + Fist(3/5/5) + Switch(3/5/5).  Focus on collecting purple, then use Fist to flood the board with Black, getting cascades, then use Cage to punch everyone to death. 

IM40 + Strange + Kamala does work against tile movers too.  Strange's blue works against any threat.  Since health packs are an issue for you, you could try Cage + Strange + Switch(5/3/5).  Stun with Switch and Strange, Cage provides match damage protection and some heavy hits.  Or you could drop down an SCL level.
  • NightmarePL
    SCL 7 i play 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're burning through more than 10 healthpacks in a pve, chances are you need to drop down a tier.  
    This is it right here, pure and simple.

If you're at the 3-star tier of the game, SCL 7 should be as high as you go. If the bulk of your 3-stars aren't higher than level 200, you should probably be in SCL 6.

As far as team combos go, the Tips & Guides and Roster & Level Help threads are full of threads that give 3-star advice. I'd suggest starting with this one.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Also, can you usually make max progression in SCL 7?  without the 5*, you're definitely not going for placement.  Also, SCL 7 and above are meant more for people at in the 4* tier and above (maybe a high level 3* player).  

You can stay in SCL 7, but you have to gauge time vs reward vs frustration that you feel.  Try SCL 6 for one event and then go from there.  

If you're gauging healthpack usage on Strange Sights; it's a bad event to use.  The attack and strike tiles from the Mindless Ones will chew through your 3*.  
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Dormammu said:
    If you're burning through more than 10 healthpacks in a pve, chances are you need to drop down a tier.  
    If you're at the 3-star tier of the game, SCL 7 should be as high as you go. If the bulk of your 3-stars aren't higher than level 200, you should probably be in SCL 6.
    When I was in 3* land not long ago, I could play SCL 7 just fine without health pack issues and all of my 3*s were no higher than 185.  I started playing SCL 7 when I was half-way through champing the tier.  So, it can be done with the right teams.  Cage+Fist or IM40+Strange or Hawkguy+Strange handled every situation.  Of course, you could use the boosted 3*s for the event as well.  During this time, I did play SCL 8 occasionally; I was able to clear all the nodes, but it was significantly harder, took longer and I ran low on health packs.  I see the SCL levels this way:

SCL 1 & 2 for 1* rosters
    SCL 3 - 5 for 2* rosters
    SCL 6 - 7 for 3* rosters
    SCL 7 - 8 for 4* rosters
    SCL 8 - 9 for 5* rosters
  • NightmarePL
    Thanks guys for all your input :)
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2018
    Hello guys maybe simple question for some of you what play this game for long time. I bit struggle with PVE as running out of health so idea is to clear noodes quick as possible. My team is mainly 3* im40 + khamala + strainge . Problem is what other teams you can assembly without burning health packs or waiting for regen . 
    You can't just spam the same team against all matchups.

And you can do SCL 7 with 3*s.  It's not easy and it takes a while, and in tougher matchups you'll need to burn alliance team-ups but it can be done.

First off - start collecting 4* Rocket and Groot.  Then Medusa, then 4* Gamora.  Rocket and Groot's Strike tiles combo with 3* Strange to make SCL 7 matches faster.  Gamora has a cheap stun and an insta-kill that make her useful in various matchups plus she makes R&G's Strikes stronger.  Medusa good against specials, which you'll need.

Back to what I wrote about not spamming the same team against all matchups.

If enemies have board shuffle, then IM40 and Strange's special tiles can be matched away or destroyed.  If enemies generate specials (like from Sentry bots) again your team isn't set up for success.  It's not a "bad" team but it's not quite what you want.

Stuff to consider:

1)  Blade/Falcon/Strange.  If the enemy doesn't make red matches, Blade generates Strikes, Falcon makes them stronger, then every time Strange fires yellow, the Strike tiles punish the enemy more.  Falcon can spot-neutralize enemy specials, though he's very slow and requires banked blue AP.  Blade also has an AP draining power.  This team isn't as fast to the first kill as IM40/Khan/Strange, but has better ability to control enemy specials, and can get pretty outrageous in the end.

Note despite Falcon helping a *bit* with Specials, Falcon is slow.  He really can't do much against multiple non-character goons like the dangerous Muscle or Hitman, nor is he fast enough to keep pace against dangerous quick firing enemies like Mindless Ones.  This is a slow starter team, and if the enemy has quick dangerous Specials you're dead.  So this is really more a team to "keep in mind" for the odd situation in which it's useful, I mention it first as it's pretty different to what you're using now and I want you to think about other teams.

If the enemy generates Strike/Protect/Attack tiles, another variation if Bullseye / Strange / ?.  If Bullseye manages to generate Strike tiles, the team is potentially a good bit stronger that much quicker.

2)  Hawkeye / Strange / Iron Man.   If enemies generate special tiles, Hawkeye can generates AP off those matches.  Hawkeye can be used in teams other than with Strange and Iron Man though, keep that in mind.  The AP generation is really important to getting quick kills.  Not much different conceptually to what you're using, except the AP acceleration and regeneration of Hawkeye make it a different team in practice.

3)  Captain America / Kamala Khan / Hood.  (Or Captain America / Kamala Khan / Iron Man in some matchups).  Cap keeps firing powers, Khan keeps giving temporary hit points.  This team sucks if enemies have board shakeup because Cap's countdowns won't last.  But if enemies don't have board shakeup, you can keep generating loads of temporary hit points and persistent damage.  Hood drains AP, has a precision yellow board control bomb, and his black means you can use Cap's blue to permastun (if you have a bit more blue AP) and also feeds into Khan.

If you're winning the match already pretty much, Iron Man's faster than Hood.  But even though Hood is fragile, he can get the team wins where otherwise it wouldn't be possible.

4)  Scarlet Witch / Iron Man / Doctor Strange.  The thing about Kamala Khan is she really doesn't have board shakeup or control.  Scarlet Witch can run five covers in green (though I wouldn't generally recommend it) and has a potential 5-turn stun.  Whether you go 5 green or not, Scarlet Witch can generate purple and creates a passive that can shake up the board.  It might not seem a lot but that and a 5-turn stun can be just what you need.

Probably other teams yeah.  Don't forget to use Thanos and Deadpool.  At least remember to use Deadpool once a day to get Deadpool points.