Join me at Club 21

dramatist
dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
Since saved covers began a thing I had been pulling everything right away and it was ok but I was not really able to keep up with my pulls. I decided to do a mini hoard to get ready for Cable entering Latests. The morning he entered I pulled 21 Latest Legends. I then decided that 21 was a nice number to pull at a time.

Why 21? My completely arbitrary reasons are two-fold. With 21 pulls odds say you should get three 5* covers and 1 Bonus Hero so I decided on 21. After a pull I can easily see if I "beat the odds" so to say.

Anyway since then I had been hoarding CP and Latests Legends and this morning I had 423 CP and decided to pull 21 Classics.

Here's my rundown of the pulls.
Seven 5*s!
2 Ghost Rider champ levels
1 JJ champ level
1 Black Panther yellow (first yellow) to make him 4,1,2
2 Star Lord green to make him 5,3,4
1 Wasp black to make her 3,1,3

No Bonus Heroes but I still feel pretty good about this batch of pulls.

I only got one Legendary from a champ level and I got 38 CP to give the new hoard a mini-boost. I now have 13 Latest so I need 8 more to do Club 21 again.

Comments

• ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Sounds great!
    Yes, I will follow your pattern, unless my fingers  itch so badly…
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Club 21 sounds fun!

I'm over at Club 131; everyone here is waiting for Loki to leave the house. We all want Kitty but are willing to bide our time and see who the next act will be.
  • dramatist
    I'm sure I'm playing sub-optimal by pulling Classics but I eventually want to champ em all so I've been pulling Classics since saved covers became a thing. Sad thing is I've only completed OML since I've been doing this but now Hawkeye, Okoye, Lumbercap and now Starlord are all at 12 so maybe I finish one of them soon (hopefully Okoye).

This has made my Latest pitifully low covered lately though. Loki has 3, Kitty 2 and Cable 1.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I pulled 22 when Wasp went in and went 1/22. Cant join you based on that 😬
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I hoarded for a bit, but now I’m doing ”Club 7”... saving up 7 and then going...
    as you said, it is nice to easily see if you beat the odds or not...
    I may try Club 21 in a bit.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't do that. The best I did was to hoard like 30 legendaries and honestly I feel like I'm going to lose my mind if I don't open a token as soon as I get it. I start twitching. The weird thing though is that I have like 700+ cp and I'm cool with not spending any of it until the next 5* release.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    I can't do that. The best I did was to hoard like 30 legendaries and honestly I feel like I'm going to lose my mind if I don't open a token as soon as I get it. I start twitching. The weird thing though is that I have like 700+ cp and I'm cool with not spending any of it until the next 5* release.

It gets easier the bigger the hoard is. One or a few tokens make my fingers itch like mad, but once I managed to hoard like a dozen it's no problem waiting.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Club 21 sounds fun!

I'm over at Club 131; everyone here is waiting for Loki to leave the house. We all want Kitty but are willing to bide our time and see who the next act will be.
    Club 31 here...with enough CP for another 30 or so.  I've got one Kitty and no Cables (used up my CP in the Cable opening event, and got nothing.)  My Loki is 2/2/2 and max leveled for those covers, so it's time to wait.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm hoarding for Loki to go out, but since we ended up with an extra two weeks, I decided what the hell and pulled Classics.  I mean, I'm up to 117 pulls, I can afford to spend 16 3/4 pulls since the Classics are cheaper.  Here's what I got:

3 5*s - Hawkeye, OML, and Ock (a cover I needed, which is good.)  Dead average odds, though they all came in the first 5 pulls which built up a lot of false hope. :)

18 4*s - Interestingly enough, only one duplicate (Wiccan.)  The other 16 were XFW, Riri, Ghost, CM, Thing, Vulture, IF, Nebula, both Venoms, IWBW, Domino (red, bringing her to 1/3/3,) Gwenpool, Valkyrie, LJ, and Wasp.

I got one BH, so again, dead average.  I have War Machine set up at the moment, to try and finish IM46 before he's featured again.  Would have liked a 5* BH instead, but the odds are against it...

I got 2 LTs and a fair bit of CP out of those levels, so I'm now at 104 pulls.  That was fun!  Back to hoarding for 4ish weeks...

• dramatist
    I'm glad you did this. The data is interesting to me even if not particularly useful in the grand scheme of things. 

I'm at 16 Latests and 259 cp so I'm probably a week and a half away from trying this again. I also like a permanent record of what I pulled in the past because I'll forget otherwise.
  • GrimSkald
    dramatist said:
    I'm glad you did this. The data is interesting to me even if not particularly useful in the grand scheme of things. 

I'm at 16 Latests and 259 cp so I'm probably a week and a half away from trying this again. I also like a permanent record of what I pulled in the past because I'll forget otherwise.

In early 2016 someone asked for people to keep a log of their Legendary pulls.  I track my token pulls on a spreadsheet, and I liked that idea a lot (tracking the individual pulls,) so I basically set up a page on the spreadsheet as a log of my legendary pulls.  In retrospect, I could have logged all my pulls like that, but that's a lot more work than just noting what you got.   So now I have a table that uses COUNTIF to get the number of pulls for a particular character, and I can look at trends, how much I pull in a particular time period, etc.

It's very useful to track pulls, particularly when you're on a bad streak, as it serves as a reminder that everything tends to even out in the end...

• ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I'm opening usually on Titan day as long as I have 7+, but I like your idea as well!
  • dramatist
    This morning I got my 21 Latest Legend and then opened again. I had a good pull again. 

Five 5* covers 
    Two Loki black
    Kitty Pride yellow 
    Cable blue and green 

Two 4* bonus Domino covers. 

Also got 2 Legendaries, 19 cp and about 1,200 exp. for applying the covers. 

Funny my thing to me is no 4*s got more than 1 cover except for the bonus Domino covers. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    dramatist said:
    This morning I got my 21 Latest Legend and then opened again. I had a good pull again. 

Five 5* covers 
    Two Loki black
    Kitty Pride yellow 
    Cable blue and green 

Two 4* bonus Domino covers. 

Also got 2 Legendaries, 19 cp and about 1,200 exp. for applying the covers. 

Funny my thing to me is no 4*s got more than 1 cover except for the bonus Domino covers. 

Considering how many fourstars there are in the game the odds of getting more than one for any given character with 21 pulls is pretty low.
  • dramatist
    And I did the CP on Classics again. This time I did not beat the odds.

I got two 5* covers and no Bonus Heroes. 
    Captain America FA blue
    Gambit purple

I did get 3 Latest  Legends and 26 cp from rewards.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    club 310.
    at this point I'm not sure I open them, ever. 
    kitty looks awesome, but I won't crack my hoard until they release the next gambit... 

5* carol, where are you at? 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    club 310.
    kitty looks awesome, but I won't crack my hoard until they release the next gambit... 

If they stick to the 4-->4-->5 pattern, we're due a 5* on March 7th...
  • GrimSkald
    ammenell said:
    club 310.

Um, if they release another Gambit, I think a significant amount of people will just up and quit.  He was way overpowered, we all knew he was overpowered even before his release, we all said he was overpowered, and we all knew he would be nerfed sooner or later.

There were some people who disagreed, but they were a distinct minority.  Even members of the "never nerf" club said he was overpowered.  He broke the game.

Now, if you're waiting for the next JJ/Thor/Okoye, then I think that's going to happen sooner or later, absolutely.  I sincerely pray they never have a lapse in judgment as big as Gambit again.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Just left Club 16:
    5*'s: zero
    4* bonus heroes: zero

Maybe I should have waited until I had enough to enter Club 21 :(