MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2018 Edition *Updated (12/20/18)

Comments

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby

Just curious who the next boosted group is :smile:
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(12/19/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yikes, this is the first boost list in awhile where I have 0 champion 4*s...

• 4-Star: Bishop, Invisible Woman, Nick Fury, The Punisher (MAX), Sam Wilson (Captain America)
    I have Flaptain at 209, and I have Fury and Invisible Woman covered but not well leveled. Realistically Flaptain is going to be my guy on this one...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am hoping another update to this thread, or a Holiday week 3 update, will help us know what to expect while the staff is enjoying their time off.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yikes, this is the first boost list in awhile where I have 0 champion 4*s...

• 4-Star: Bishop, Invisible Woman, Nick Fury, The Punisher (MAX), Sam Wilson (Captain America)
    I have Flaptain at 209, and I have Fury and Invisible Woman covered but not well leveled. Realistically Flaptain is going to be my guy on this one...

I have Fury champed but everyone else is at 209. Probably gonna have to get creative with the boosted 3s and do Switch with MEHulk or Hawkeye. Maybe I'll run Fury with Mockingbird.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is an amazing 3* boost list, tho. Everyone still in 3* land is gonna be rockin' it this week.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Rolled my eyes and let out an audible "ugh" when I saw spirits of vengeance coming, but that changed to a smile and a cackle when I saw GladiaThor was the featured 5* for it.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Can you post the essential characters for The Hunt & Prodigal Son please @Brigby
  • Brigby
    *(12/20/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, Weekly Buffs, and added info on Limited 4-Star Spider-Ham.
  • Brigby
    *Check out the January 2019 Sneak Peek thread HERE
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Ice-Man really getting two Crashes (both next, and after C&D)?
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby 12/29 boosted/crash is a copy-paste of 12/19.
  • Brigby
    jackstar0 said:
    Brigby 12/29 boosted/crash is a copy-paste of 12/19.
    It is a copy and paste, however it is also intentional that those weeks are the same.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    jackstar0 said:
    It is a copy and paste, however it is also intentional that those weeks are the same.
    Actually happy about this timing as Elektra, Gambit, and Angel are the last three 3*s I need to max out.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Kahmon said:
    Brigby said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Actually happy about this timing as Elektra, Gambit, and Angel are the last three 3*s I need to max out.
    I'm happy about it, too -- but mainly because Icy might just be my favorite of all characters to play. He's such a blast! (I'm a 4* player, no 5*s champed.)
  • Xavier_Mc
    Xavier_Mc Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    That is odd. We get 3 classic 5* PvE events in a row.
    Isnt' it typically 3 latest then 2 classic, rinse and repeat?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xavier_Mc said:
    That is odd. We get 3 classic 5* PvE events in a row.
    Isnt' it typically 3 latest then 2 classic, rinse and repeat?
    My best guess is that Doc Ock and Thor don't count, and they're special for the Winter Celebration, first Doc Ock with Sinister 600, then Thor because of his new costume.

We had 2 latest, then Ock, then the third latest. Then Thor. Now it appears two Classics are on deck, Archangel/Star-Lord, as mentioned in this thread, and then Cable is up next (as seen in the January sneak peek thread).

Now, based on the previous patterns, Doc Ock and Thor were last run in the first of November, and I wouldn't have expected them again until like... June. However, Archangel/Star-Lord were up next as Classics. So since we got Ock and Thor again way too early, but then got the classics that were "supposed" to come next, I presume Ock and Thor were a break in the normal 3/2 pattern, and starting with Archangel we're back on that pattern (so in January after Cable well get Kitty and Kingpin, since he'll be in Latest tokens by then).

That's my educated guess, anyway.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    A new character''s release during Xmas celebration.....GUYS You hate holidays for sure! >:)
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Doc Ock was in between Kitty and Loki so definitely didn't "count" in the rotation. I think you are right, JHawkInc.