4-star DDQ - Teen Angst: Bobby vs. Jean Edition

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Level 279 5/5/3 Iceman

To give you an idea of how my match went, at the end I had 30 AP in team-up, black, yellow, & red along with 206 health. Jean managed to get two defense tiles buried in unmatchable corners and I was doing -1 match damage. I never got enough green to use that, but did squeeze out enough blue to barely win.

Token to the post-Loki hoard.

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Because it's winter celebration, Iceman replaced Invinisible Woman in the Crash rotation. The store button shows Cloak & Dagger next, meaning Sue got skipped. Not a huge deal, but it wreaks havoc with my OCD when changes happen in the Crash order.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

Had to waste almost 400k iso to champ Iceman for this, but oh well. Two more LL's to the pile.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Take it to the Events forum, please.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:

Had to waste almost 400k iso to champ Iceman for this, but oh well. Two more LL's to the pile.

One does not “waste” iso champing Iceman. Unless, maybe, you’re in the 5 tier?  He remains a top notch 4, and can be pulled out even when unboosted.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    bluewolf said:
    NotBAMF said:

One does not “waste” iso champing Iceman. Unless, maybe, you’re in the 5 tier?  He remains a top notch 4, and can be pulled out even when unboosted.
    I get that, but I have been shooting to save ISO for either champing a bunch of my 3* dupes at once or boosting SHIELD Training characters that I might not have at 209 yet. I certainly don't regret having Bobby champed now, but it just wasn't a priority for me at the moment (he has been at 13 covers for me for ages).
  • LFChikarason
    Quebbster said:
    Take it to the Events forum, please.
    My bad, done and done
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    NotBAMF said:

I did my run for Spider Gwen pvp this morning. But right before I went to DDQ to see who was featured in the crash. So it loaded up Ice Man and then I backed out of the fight with Jean and went back to pvp. I found a good fight and jumped right in. Slight problem. Something isn't right. I have my Agent Venom and since my Gwen isn't champed yet I've been using the loaner. Where is my Yondu? Why is Ice Man on my team? Oh, dammit. I still won the fight though. He wrecked fools with his aoe and I was able to keep an enemy Thanos stunned for a but until I finished him off with AV's black.
  • LFChikarason
    It seems as though Invisible Woman got skipped in place of Iceman. Not sure if she'll get re-scheduled at some point as Cloak & Dagger shows next
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm a little surprised Dazzler wasn't added this rotation. She's newer, yes, but I'm fairly certain she's been featured as rewards often enough to have met the criteria to run her Crash.

Perhaps they still will. Their order for the characters with the "Classic" designation has been screwy for awhile anyways.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems as though Invisible Woman got skipped...
    It really matters little to me who is featured. The prize is the same, regardless.
  • LFChikarason
    DarthDeVo said:
    I'm a little surprised Dazzler wasn't added this rotation. She's newer, yes, but I'm fairly certain she's been featured as rewards often enough to have met the criteria to run her Crash.

Perhaps they still will. Their order for the characters with the "Classic" designation has been screwy for awhile anyways.

Both Nightcrawler and Dazzler are prime to be added right around this time. But when it comes to the Crash order, the only thing that's for sure is nothing's for sure.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

Both Nightcrawler and Dazzler are prime to be added right around this time. But when it comes to the Crash order, the only thing that's for sure is nothing's for sure.
    Well if she ends up being not added, we'll only have to wait a year or so before she's added...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Merged similar threads
  • LFChikarason
    @brigby, any idea if Sue will get skipped or added back in somewhere else? Thanks!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    brigby, any idea if Sue will get skipped or added back in somewhere else? Thanks!
    Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm unaware as to when/where Invisible Woman will be added back into the event schedule.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/5/4 lvl210 Iceman, no boosts, first try. Lots of blue and purple on the board, not so much green. I took a couple of Mind over Matters while I was sitting at 11 blue, but then got the stunlock on, and it was all over.
    Token waiting for Kingpin.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    On a more serious note, every time i'm fighting Jean I take care not to make a match 5, yet it seems when i get a cascade there's always a match 5 in it.
    And when i'm playing Iceman i always ask myself what the better course is for his blue. Get 6 and stun immediately or save up 12 blue?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bring along your lvl 277 Iceman they said. It will be easy they said. Yule (Merry Christmas!) be stunning Jean in no time they said. Don't worry if there isn't any blue, you can get purple. And Green. Easy! But wait...where had all the purple and green gone I said. Why does it seem that Jean has it all and is using it to shoot wobbly bullet things at Iceman. And the blue? There is no blue. The blue is a lie.

Luckily, seeing my dilemma MPQ Santa came early and brought with him some green so that I could bestow upon Jean the festive gift of snow! Thanks MPQ Santa! And to all, a good night!

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Took 5 tries for my lvl 115 (1/3/1) Icy.  I won with a little over 1000 HP left.  
    I tried so hard not to make match 5 cascades but AI caused me to create them when I made match threes.  Annoying.
    Finally got a board where I could keep getting blue to repeatedly stun Jean and only created match 5 while she's asleep.  Then, I matched purple and green to my heart content.  Jean went down. 
    LT gave me a much needed red cover for Nebula to help with her required nodes of Strange Sights.