Match Damage conflicts

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Just wondering if anyone knows what determines which character makes the match when their damage on a particular colour is the same as another character (apologies if this has been posted/answered elsewhere - my search-fu failed me). I know if your playing a game its whoevers symbol is on the colour but for the purposes of some out of game comparisons/planning I could do with an idea of how it works.

For example I want to use Patch and Spiderman (for the purposes of this 3rd place in the team is irrelevant) in my line up:
At level 141 Patch quite easily takes Red and Green and has a yellow match damage score of 52.
At level 141 Spidey has a yellow match damage of 67.

If I want Patch to tank yellow for me I need to keep my spidey at a lower level:
At level 100 Spideys yellow damage is 51 so all good
At level 101 - 103 Spideys yellow damage is 52.

So basically who wins on a tie? Does it go to the higher level character or some over mystical calculation? icon_e_smile.gif

Edit: also what happens when the characters have the same match damage and are the same level. For example Hulk and Patch both have 60 in Red and 67 in Green at level 141, so who tanks?

Comments

• The preference is determined by where you locate your hero. The order is center, right, left.

So, if you position Patch as your central character, he will become the dominant yellow (in your scenario).
  • Great, thanks. That rings a bell now that you've mentioned it.

icon_e_smile.gif
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also, you can look at the lineup before you hit the last fight button and order will be left to right.
  • From what I've heard/read the numbers are actually rounding on the screen, but aren't behind the screen or something. So the 103 Spidy might be stronger than patches when 101 wouldn't. I've never confirmed it myself though
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AethD wrote:
    From what I've heard/read the numbers are actually rounding on the screen, but aren't behind the screen or something. So the 103 Spidy might be stronger than patches when 101 wouldn't. I've never confirmed it myself though

This is correct.

There is actually a decimal portion to the numbers. When you raise a character a level their stats always go up, but you only see a change when they get rounded to a new whole number.

You can see this in effect when you match 3 tiles. You often don't get a number that is divisible by 3.

So the person with the best non rounded value makes the match. If the numbers are equal then position is the tiebreak