New Support: Vanessa Fisk (12/18/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

PERK LIST

Perk 1Rank 5 Level 250When a friendly power is fired, there's a 19% chance to remove an enemy special tile.Perk 3Rank 5 Level 250When the supported character fires a power, there's a 34% chance to steal 3 random AP.Perk 5Rank 5 Level 250The supported character's powers deal an additional 2,388 damage to enemies.Kingpin Synergy PerkRank 5 Level 250When Kingpin makes a match, there's a 95% chance he will reduce the strength of an enemy Attack tile by 152.STORE OFFERS
GeneralNew vault and store offering will be made available at 12:00 PM ET on December 18th.
All special offers last for two days.Supports: Vanessa Fisk StoreHas all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus:Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)Hulkling (Young Avengers)Wasp Gauntlets (Pym Blasters)Quantum Realm (Sub-Atomic Space)Carol's Communicator (Super Beeper)The Carol Corps (Banshee Squadron)Chewie (Flerken Feline)Mirror Image (Loki's Trickery)Yaro Root (Not Ripe)
Pocket Radio (Party Starter)Lockheed (Dragon Companion)Taskmaster's Sword (Deadly Blade)Hope Summers (Mutant Messiah)The Tinkerer (Phineas Mason)
Vanessa Fisk (Sophisticated)
Vanessa Fisk is available at 4x oddsHas Beginner, Advanced, and Master packsThe odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is 1 in 27.Only visible if you have a token for the store.
Vanessa Fisk VaultA 120 item vault1x Supports: Vanessa Fisk Master Token5x Supports: Vanessa Fisk Advanced Tokens9x Supports: Vanessa Fisk Beginner Tokens1x random 4-Star Cover14x random 3-Star Covers63x random 2-Stars Covers1x 6,000 Red Iso-83x 4,000 Red Iso-83x 3,000 Red Iso-82x 1,000 Red Iso-83x 500 Red Iso-82x 5,000 Iso-85x 1,500 Iso-88x 1,000 Iso-8Red Hulk Heroes for HireAvailable to all playersAvailable in the Heroes for Hire store4,800 Hero PointsMaximum 1 purchase.Contents:1x Red Hulk Purple cover2x Vanessa Fisk Advanced Tokens3x Vanessa Fisk Beginner Tokens30,000 Red Iso-8Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) Heroes for HireAvailable to all playersAvailable in the Heroes for Hire store250 Command PointsMaximum 1 purchase.Contents:1x Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) Yellow cover1x Vanessa Fisk Master Token3x Vanessa Fisk Advanced Tokens100,000 Red Iso-8

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh boy more supports
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Tensuun The vault can be reset. Now I don't think it is a good value to chase supports that way (and saying that as someone who likes supports more than he dislikes them), but it is possible to get more than 2 Master tokens per Support Release.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought having only 3 perks instead of 5 meant they were going to be stronger.

Wong has a way better percentage of removing specials when a friendly power is fired. 19% vs 45%.
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    ZeiramMR said:
    @Tensuun The vault can be reset. Now I don't think it is a good value to chase supports that way (and saying that as someone who likes supports more than he dislikes them), but it is possible to get more than 2 Master tokens per Support Release.
    Oh, I actually did miss that fact. Thanks for pointing it out! :smiley:

It still looks like a horrible money-pit since 40-pack + reset + 40-pack is so expensive and is only 56% likely to actually earn you two Master tokens, but I appreciate the correction all the same. I'd been operating under the assumption that the support is literally out of reach for nearly a tenth of players no matter what they do.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another support I'll never own. 

Back to leveling up the one I have attached to Black Panther. Couldn't tell you what its called. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    This is a bottom tier Support, in my opinion.

The % of the effects seems way off to me.

It doesn’t matter how hard or easy it is to get. 

Nice art, though.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems to support Kingpin pretty well. Or,failing that, any character who fires powers more often than average. 

Agree it's nothing exciting.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    So the quality of supports is kind of going down, along with the continually dwindling chances to get them?  Yay?

Tensuun - welcome to the world of supports and their unlikely chances of getting them.  Meanwhile, in other threads and eventually this one, someone will come in and defend their existence.  
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    So the quality of supports is kind of going down, along with the continually dwindling chances to get them?  Yay?

Tensuun - welcome to the world of supports and their unlikely chances of getting them.  Meanwhile, in other threads and eventually this one, someone will come in and defend their existence.  
    The 18 "standard" Supports are sufficiently obtainable right now, and a handful of them are even worth using. The earlier specialized support stores were...not great, but gave us a reasonable chance of acquiring useful supports. I lucked into a Royal Talon Fighter at rank 3 at some point, so that's been nice for me... but after more than 6 months, the chances that someone who doesn't already have one will be able to get one are lower than they've ever been since Black Panther's release, and the odds were already not that great to begin with.

I'm happy to defend the existence of supports when I feel the criticism is unreasonable. For example, I think Vanessa is...yeah, not amazing, but a pretty good support since lots of "Villain" characters have spammy features that can take advantage of both of her triggers; Kingpin can be especially oppressive with her, but Prowler, Sandman, Vulture, Ragnarok, and Green Goblin also come to mind as candidates.

Recent supports have generally been reasonably well-designed; while they're often best used with whatever character is canonically dating, equipping, or marrying the support, they can help a variety of characters. I complained as loudly as I could about supports like Ancestral Plane (can only be equipped to a Black Panther, and then useless unless your Black Panther is dealing significant match damage with black and red, which means it's impossible to use the support with anyone but five-star Panther), but they don't seem to be making those anymore, and I am glad.

The remaining problem is primarily the distribution model, which gets worse over time instead of better. Players on the forum, Discord, and Reddit have already made many suggestions. Several of them are difficult to justify in terms of monetization, but it'd be nice to see some kind of sign that the problems have been acknowledged and some kind of solution is in the works.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does that synergy perk apply to any version of Kingpin, or is it linked to a specific one?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    The devs are already working on how to improve Support distribution. 

The options are there for you to get those newer supports. If you limit yourself to use HP for only roster slots/packs/non-support HfH deals/non-support vaults and CP for pulling only LT or Classics, then it's a choice you have to live with. 

@Moon Roach  Based on in game description, 4* King pin should be able to benefit from that Kingpin perk. If it applies to only 5* Kingpin, it will state Kingpin (Spider-Verse) specifically. You can look at Carol Corps and Dora Milaje supports for references.

The first two perks is meh.

The third perk gives the highest damage increase in power without any other criteria such as going invisible, besides limiting it to Villians. The next one is Taskmaster's Sword (1792). 

Kingpin's perk while unique, is meh.

Overall, this support is a meh except for the third perk.

I hope I don't pull this support. :D
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Oh look, another support I'll never have in a worthwhile state, if ever at all.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    This one seems okay, a rank 1 perk which removes special tiles can always come in handy.

However, they just need to get on with it and introduce a better way of gaining and ranking up supports. 

Also, I still think they need to go back to 5 perks instead of 3 to make them more interesting.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got so excited for a moment when I pulled an Advanced token from the vault!  Then it was a rank 2 Stepford Cuckoos.

Oh well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took a daily deal on a single token, got an Advanced Token, landed a 4* Lockheed. Now I have 3 4* Supports - Corvus Glaive, Sharon Carter, and Lockheed. Second attempt at a daily deal in there was good for 1k iso, so I may not keep after it.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs are already working on how to improve Support distribution.
    Of course they are.
    Just like CL10 has been coming "soon" for what, over two years now?