Your opponent's info shouldn't be a "secret"

Options
Before your match starts you should be able to click on your opponent and see their mana bonuses and their PW abilities. Yeah, I can go to the internet and look it up, but the game could just tell me, just like it does mid match. 

Comments

• Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    More for PvE than PvP, but yeah, that would be nice to have at least a little idea on what would be a bad idea to use against your opponent.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There is no point in hiding this information in PVP any more than it is worth hiding in PVE. Most of my opponents are level 60 anyway so for me not having this information in PVP brings no value, while for newer players it would certainly be a nice addition. I totally support this feature :smile:

• LordDorwin
    LordDorwin Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    Absolutely agree.  I remember the first time I faced Koth and Angrath - they weren't available for purchase when I took a look, so I had no real way of preparing for them.

PvE is worse- one can't even see the colour/s of what you're facing (OK, "Urborg" is probably mono black, but the rest - who knows?)

Recently, on the "ladder" events, there is a rapid flash of the adversary's colour before the picture appears, but this is still insufficient information.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Absolutely agree.  I remember the first time I faced Koth and Angrath - they weren't available for purchase when I took a look, so I had no real way of preparing for them.

PvE is worse- one can't even see the colour/s of what you're facing (OK, "Urborg" is probably mono black, but the rest - who knows?)

Recently, on the "ladder" events, there is a rapid flash of the adversary's colour before the picture appears, but this is still insufficient information.
    (not to argument against the thread, just to offer workaround options)

Regarding pvp :
    When you go to the Planeswalker overview and activate "see all", you can at least an idea about the abilities of every walker. If you want to know what abilities the pw has at its current level, check out mtgpq.info 

Regarding pve : there's some info in the event forum here. You'll find better detailed informations in the various closed and open Slack and discord groups out there. One of the folks in my group even wrote a beginners guide for all pve events - if you're interested just write me a pm, we don't pin our sheets in this forum, but don't mind sharing them when anyone is asking about them!
  • LordDorwin
    LordDorwin Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    Oh, I see you can do that now, just like with all cards. Thanks. I didn't see that.

I mainly mentioned the PvE flash effect for the benefit of newcomers, who'll be helped by this - once one has played RottenGP and the like over and over and over again one tends to have a less than fond memory of boss after boss's gimmick.

Just as after playing against Ob Nixilis once you notice that the computer can't handle the abilities (eg. random killing of its own creatures).