New Alliance Event - Sinister 600 *Updated (12/12/18)

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    KenshinUK said:
    The special LT from full progression gave me my first Doc ock cover, somewhat ironic but a nice pull none the less.
    How did you get full progression without the essential?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Tony_Foot said:
    KenshinUK said:
    The special LT from full progression gave me my first Doc ock cover, somewhat ironic but a nice pull none the less.
    Doc oc wasn't required for easy or normal, just hard and deadly.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    KenshinUK said:
    Ah ok, I saw your roster stats which are better than mine and assumed you went hard at least  :)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here are the nodes rewards for Hard mode:

Sub chapters
    1. One On One: 2500 + 200 + 200 = 2900 Iso-8
    2. 5-Star node: Iso-8: 250 + 500; Event Token; 1 CP
    3. 4-Star node: 750 Iso-8; 350 Red Iso-8; Recruit Token; 1 CP
    4. 3-Star node:  Iso-8: 100 + 250 + 500; 350 Red Iso-8
    5. Node 1 (1 clear): 200 Iso-8
    6. Node 2 (4 clears): Iso-8: 100 + 100 + 140; Recruit Token
    7. Node 3 (2 clears): Iso-8: 200 + 200 + 750 + Event Token
    8. Node 4 (4 clears): Iso-8: 100 + 100 + 140; Recruit Token
    9. Node 5 (1 clear): 500 Iso-8
    10. Node 6 (2 clears): Iso-8: 200 + 200 + 1000 + 1 CP
    11. Node 7 (4 clears): Iso-8: 100 + 250 + 500; 350 Red Iso-8
    12. Node 8 (4 clears): 750 Iso-8; 350 Red Iso-8; Recruit Token; 1 CP

Total rewards for 4 days (sub-chapter):
    Iso-8: 10780 x 4 = 43,120 Iso-8 
    Red Iso-8: 1400 x 4 = 5,600
    Recruit Tokens: 4 x 4 = 16
    Event Tokens: 2 x 4 = 8
    Command Points: 4 X 4 = 16

I wonder how much better is the rewards in Deadly? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    @HoundofShadow
    Deadly had the exact same node rewards.
  • HoundofShadow
    I thought  it would be better. Now I'm curious if easy and medium node gives the same amount of rewards?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

Pretty sure there's never been any node reward variance across CLs, which is essentially what the 4 difficulties in this event are mirroring.

Would suck if there was, as you need players to play in all 4 difficulties to maximize the rewards from this event. 

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought the new reskins of old characters was a good way to bring more variety to Story mode. If it means new stories I am all for it.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    OJSP said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    Kahmon said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    KenshinUK said:
    Ah ok, I saw your roster stats which are better than mine and assumed you went hard at least  :)
    Are you talking about the same player?
    I think he mixed up Kahmon and I. :P

FYI, I did hard sub the first day then realised I didn't have the 5* needed nor were the rewards worth the effort so switched to easy for the remainder of the event.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    gentgeen said:
    They change ... Each on rotates counter clockwise around the main node.  So today, "Osborn's Last Stand" is Hard (orange) but yesterday it was "City of Crime".  (Today, City of Crime is the Yellow/Medium node)  

I dropped down difficulties twice so that means I played the same sub 3 out of 4 days then.  That explains it.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    When stating your dislike of something, it's often a good thing to state (constructively) what you think is a positive change you'd make.

So here it goes.

When joining any of these alliance events, theres that disclaimer right in front that gives you a warning about committing to the alliance for that event, even if you change alliances and whatnot.   THIS FUNCTION COULD SERVE AN ADDITIONAL PURPOSE.

What if there were different prize tables for different amounts of players that participated per alliance?  This would, of course, mean a little extra work to put together said prize tables, but if you had a prize table set alliances that had 17-20 players in participation.... then a table for 13-16 players.... and 9-12.... and so on...  this might solve some issues.  

Still, only allow the players that join to reap the rewards.   So if you had a 20 person alliance, and only 8 people joined, only those 8 people would earn rewards, and it would be based on the 5-8 player table.

Of course,  the idea would be to have the prize tables set based on how many people clicked that "Join" button.  Like walking through a turnstile at a theme park...  it counts the amount of players that joined, and sets the prize table up accordingly.

I'm saying this because it seems like people/players are very mad at the idea that it requires so much dedication from a large amount of people to get max rewards,  and that in itself is unfair to those without such access.  This would allow the big mighty 20 man top tier alliances to still do what they do, and at the same time, allow smaller alliances to try to work for their rewards without feeling slighted.

Of course, this is stuff I've only thought about in the last 5 minutes, so please, feel free to criticize and tweak the idea if it has the merit intended.

Separate note:  I did not enjoy how long it took to play and complete the nodes on this one.  Sure, I was playing deadly, but kinda have to do my part in the alliance.  That said, it took hours away, each day, without any 'trivial' nodes.  It was quite irritating.  

Another note:  I always enjoy new story.  That said, I really enjoy story from the past.  The dialogue was longer and more thought-out.  Funny moments and insightful ones, both coloring in the moment.  I wouldnt mind a bit more of that type of story... I dont really care how long it is, as long as it makes sense and really adds some depth to it all.

This story, while nice due to being new, was short.  Lots of nodes, only a couple points of dialogue, and quick dialogue at that.   Sure, most people skip it after they've seen it once, but cant we make that first read through a true marvel experience?  Give me the depth of character, please.... before I get back to mindlessly matching gems away again.  :)
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Yes, now its time for a bit more constructive look at the event... :-)

I always appreciate a new event and however faint, a new story. The end of Dark Avengers was probably misleading and if it was a joke: too soon man, still too soon... ;-)
    However, I really would have liked to been able to re-read a 1/1 story node I unfortunatly auto skipped. Please make all nodes available for repeatable hits next time, also for experimenting with different teams, possibly to help out team mates with lesser rosters that arent sure if they could do a certain level?
    And finally on story, I played Marvel Battle Lines this week, which had a prologue that actually read like a comic book. Maybe something you should look into as it really pulled me towards online comic books too!

As for the event setup itself, I liked that it wasnt over halfway through already, as other alliance events. I prefer timers, i know im 1 of few, but I really miss the competitive part of pve. Also, the difficulty should at least have a cl9 level or even beyond, not half of it... Even the Royal Family was kind of a cake walk, with an undercovered 5essential nonetheless... Maybe give the levels a bit more recognizable names, or at least refer to them with a clearance level as well (cl10, 7, 4, 2 or something), so people will have better idea what to expect.

I like that we gotten a little more info, even if hidden behind a little tricky door you could go through without actually picking a level yet. A progression table means little though, without knowing available points though. And there should be a little more leeway probably, when essential toons are concerned. Rewards were decent in the end, but maybe should have not hidden them in nodes, so people would ignore the tokens and cp in there while reviewing the rewards. 
    Also, please make it so that everyone can just pick the hardest level they are able to kill, and make extra points drip down in lower tiers like a champagne tower, so we can all just pick the most challenging, without it messing up personal or alliance progress. And maybe, and i know this is asking a lot, at the end of the event, all points are thrown on a pile and alliance gets best option...

in short
    - storyline a little better (visually)
    - better challenge
    - event/reward structure could use another look at
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Punter1 said:

Pretty sure there's never been any node reward variance across CLs, which is essentially what the 4 difficulties in this event are mirroring.

Would suck if there was, as you need players to play in all 4 difficulties to maximize the rewards from this event. 

Im 100% sure the cp reward in cl8 5ess node is less than in cl9. Also makes sense that it does.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Smart80 said:
    Punter1 said:

Im 100% sure the cp reward in cl8 5ess node is less than in cl9. Also makes sense that it does.

D'oh you are correct.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018

Here is some more information on this that I found interesting. 

Personal Progression for this event (1 LT):  37,000

Like Progression in a PVE event, DP vs MPQ (30 CPs):  32,000

Perfect Score in this Raid event: 39,600

High End score in DP vs MPQU: 57-58,000

While you can say that DP vs MPQU is 2-48 subs, this is the best way to look at this.  You had almost no wiggle room to hit personal Progression if you messed up. If you went Hard day 1 and didn't have Doc Ock, you lost, event was over for you.  This is where the issue with this event lies.  You had to be prefect without getting the information needed from the Dev team.....again.... 

We had a player with no Ock go to Hard on day 1, then Medium every other day. He finished with 38,000 on the nose, 1,000 more than was needed for the Big Bads token. 

I'm in full agreement with you that it's ridiculous that there's little wiggle room to account for mistakes, but it also *was* possible to get full personal progression despite the day one blunder. We had thought we were out of luck at first, though it ended up working, but barely so. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Maximum score is 39600.
    The Big Bad LT needs 37000 points.
    The total points for all 4 clears of Dr. Ock is 1600.
    Buffer is 39600-37000= 2600

That's one day of buffer. I suppose Day One is making mistake day. And Day Two onwards...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

Here is some more information on this that I found interesting. 

Personal Progression for this event (1 LT):  37,000

Like Progression in a PVE event, DP vs MPQ (30 CPs):  32,000

Perfect Score in this Raid event: 39,600

High End score in DP vs MPQU: 57-58,000

While you can say that DP vs MPQU is 2-48 subs, this is the best way to look at this.  You had almost no wiggle room to hit personal Progression if you messed up. If you went Hard day 1 and didn't have Doc Ock, you lost, event was over for you.  This is where the issue with this event lies.  You had to be prefect without getting the information needed from the Dev team.....again.... 

We had a player with no Ock go to Hard on day 1, then Medium every other day. He finished with 38,000 on the nose, 1,000 more than was needed for the Big Bads token. 

I'm in full agreement with you that it's ridiculous that there's little wiggle room to account for mistakes, but it also *was* possible to get full personal progression despite the day over blunder. We had thought we were out of luck at first, though it ended up working, but barely so. 
    That’s great info Darth.  I didn’t track all the node points to see that you would make it if you reacted the next day, so yea for that.  

Maximum score is 39600.
    The Big Bad LT needs 37000 points.
    The total points for all 4 clears of Dr. Ock is 1600.
    Buffer is 39600-37000= 2600

That's one day of buffer. I suppose Day One is making mistake day. And Day Two onwards...
    That is still not a enough buffer if you look at any other PVE event from the progression top rewards to what the optimal players do.  Not even close AND for less rewards.