What's your favorite Boss event and why?

Rockwell75
Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
For me it's unequivocally Civil War.  IMHO it's the perfect blend of difficulty, coordination, team work and engagement.  Strong alliances can beat both sides ensuring that you're occupied for the full duration of the event.  Consequently the rewards are awesome.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos because it's one of the few my entire alliance can participate in due to the nature of the boss itself. Even my newbies can get some damage done in the later areas if they manage to match enough stones.

I kinda like Apocalypse, but it can suck if you can never get rid of all four horsemen before dying since the damage resets.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Civil War hands down. You had to work as a team to be able to clear both sides. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Civil War for the team challenge, feels like a good level of "if you work together you can maximize rewards."

Sinister Six for the boss itself, each round is a little different as the groups mix (the event would be way more dull if it were the same characters in the same order each time).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Civil War, Sinister Six, and Apocalypse all about evenly, but for different reasons. If I had to pick one, it would probably be Apocalypse. It's got the most puzzle aspect to it of any of them. This is just player experience. I don't have any role in coordinating my Alliance or anything like that, so maybe I'm not getting quite all I could from the Civil War experience.
  • Zirtak_the_Second
    Zirtak_the_Second Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2018
    Apocalypse for the same reasons as mentioned above. I always found the later rounds difficult even on a 4* roster. That combined with the puzzle elements made the boss missions fun to play. The puzzle elements in other boss event are a welcome break from repetitive grind-events too. More of this please, if you're listening devs (it's like praying to an imaginary God, I know  
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Sinister Six because of how fast you can get hit top progression and then just chill for the weekend.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Thanos because it's quick to get through.  Overall the boss events suck.  Boring and extremely repetitive.  Pure hell once the minions end up being way tougher than the boss since they are so poorly scaled.  Civil War and Galactus aren't too bad.  Most the others make me want to not play

Sinister Six and Apocalypse should be considered torture and banned from ever being run again
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me it’s Ultron, because it’s reasonably puzzly and also because it’s the only boss where the boss fight/side note format makes any thematic sense.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Civil War because of the level of challenge...for stronger alliances it’s a solid effort to do both sides, and even then it’s still less effort-intensive than a standard PvE event.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I hope I'm not the only one who miss the old super difficult and unfair boss rush...  :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably Sinister Six because of the need to bring teams to deal with certain puzzle aspects of the bosses.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Apocalypse because of the puzzle element to getting rid of the Horsemen tiles. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    Apocalypse because of the puzzle element to getting rid of the Horsemen tiles. 
    Not mocking and no snark... but you clear the horsemen tiles?  Even at tier 8, it's still quicker to save up AP and nuke him in a single(or combo) shot...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:
    ...you clear the horsemen tiles?  Even at tier 8, it's still quicker to save up AP and nuke him in a single(or combo) shot...
    Not with Teen Jean it's not. With her and Switch boosted every time that event runs there's no reason to run anything else. They can potentially clear the Horseman tiles as soon as turn 3. Then the pressure's off for whichever nuke character you choose to bring along (4cyclops is always boosted too, I usually bring him along).
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    When saving up AP for said nuke, it might sometimes be neccesary to match one of those nasty tiles. You can set off his countdown tiles quite easily, well before you have enough saved up to hit him hard, so it's matching those tiles or be ok with an insta-death.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos and Sinister Six.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Civil War. It requires the right amount of effort and coordination along with great rewards. It has enough wiggle room and flexibility that players can do their clears without much pressure.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Sinister 6, simply because due to the high point values from all the "bosses" you fight, it's the only event my alliance has cleared all levels in
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    I love all Boss events and even all other alliance's events ( Places of Power and yes, even sinisters 600  :D  )

All the events that require no grinding, no time slices are welcomed, for me  :)