Doc Ock Tentacle Tiles Remain After He Is Downed. [Investigating]

TPF Alexis
TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
Like it says in the title. A couple of times, while finishing up Webbed Wonder, I downed Ock while he had Tentacles out, and the Tentacles stayed on the board for the rest of the fight. It was the last non-Wave node, Call Me Maybe. I was running Kitty, Bl4de, and Beast, the opposition in that one is Ock and a couple of Symbiotes, I think Horrors.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @TPF Alexis
    Could you tell me what platform you are playing on? 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can confirm it happens on iOS.
  • TPF Alexis
    Tombstone said:
    @TPF Alexis
    Could you tell me what platform you are playing on? 
    Android. I got a screenshot, but can't upload it right now.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I experienced it too. Android here.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I think this is OK behavior.  Doc Oc is knocked out, but his tentacles are still running around the battle field using their computer controlled AI.  I think they should continue to exist (like the motivation and black hole tiles) beginning to move around the battlefield once he's downed (going to adjacent tiles randomly, spoiling any special effects that tile had) until the end of the battle.
  • TPF Alexis
    abmoraz said:
    I think this is OK behavior.  Doc Oc is knocked out, but his tentacles are still running around the battle field using their computer controlled AI.  I think they should continue to exist (like the motivation and black hole tiles) beginning to move around the battlefield once he's downed (going to adjacent tiles randomly, spoiling any special effects that tile had) until the end of the battle.
    That would be pretty fun. I mostly just brought it up because it seemed like something the Devs probably didn't intend, not because it actually has a major impact on game play. And now I think of it, it seems likely that it is due to them being coded as Character Tiles rather than Special Tiles.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Are the tentacle tiles owned?

The in-game descriptions imply that they are, but both friendly and enemy tiles looked the same to me.  (However, since I did not see them in a Doc Ock mirror match, the difference might exist but be too subtle for me to detect.)