Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Whenever Beast pops up in the battle screen, I keep thinking it looks like he just got kicked in the crotch.
    I'm never going to be able to unsee that now XD

bbigler said:
    Do you think Medusa uses her prehensile hair for everyday chores?
    Why is Black Bolt wearing a wing suit?
    Who would win in an arm-wrestling competition, Cable or Colossus?  Assuming Cable uses his left arm.
    Do you think the Wasp Gauntlets would fit on Devil Dino?
    Of course. The particular image I always get is of her using it to hold her coffee while she's doing things that need both hands.
    Can't he use it together with his voice to fly? Or is that just Banshee?
    Colossus.
    I'm not sure, but I want to watch the attempt!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    They fit Old Man Logan just fine...and they don't even interfere with his claws!  (I actually do have OML equipped with the Wasp Gauntlet supports in game.  The extra healing for him is nice., and he tanks blue when I'm not using Strange or Silver Surfer)

I think the real question is "Would Lockjaw wear the Gauntlets on his front or hind paws?"

Or perhaps "Would they transform into Wings for Howard the Duck?"
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    How can Rocket hold an out-stretched gun that weighs more than he does?  That's just bad physics. 
    Why is the Mother Lode 78K ISO (which I can earn in 2 days) while the Stark Salary is 20K HP (which I can earn in about 50 days)? That's just bad economics.
    How can Ghost put on a suit that she would just phase through?  How does she eat food?  How does she walk around without falling through the earth?
    Do you think Medusa uses her prehensile hair for everyday chores?
    Why is Black Bolt wearing a wing suit?
    Who would win in an arm-wrestling competition, Cable or Colossus?  Assuming Cable uses his left arm.
    1.) Rocket has robotic enhanced wrists made of parts of all the mechanical arms he has stolen.
    2.) They are hoping you press the wrong button
    3.) Well Reed Richard's invented Unstable Molecules which seem to be able to ignore the effects of most super powers, maybe Bill Foster has created something similar?
    4.) No she has servants for that.
    5.) He couldn't speak up to object.
    6.) Colossus as he would automatically launch Cable into a Fastball Special.
    7.) He/she wouldn't wear them because they would clash with his skin colour

• LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Thanks to a recent episode of Detroiters, every time Blade pops up in a wave or falls out of a token I can't help but say "Was that Blade?  Blade is so cool."
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    DDQ.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes....

Hide behind goons.
  • TPF Alexis
    In the same vein as my Jessica Jones queries of a while back: Just what kind of Diabolical Plot is Doom hatching to take down a Symbiote? They seem like something much better suited to being taken out by a more direct approach, rather than getting your face eaten while you're plotting.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Just what kind of Diabolical Plot is Doom hatching to take down a Symbiote? 
    Pronouncing their name in a movie trailer that makes the internet go nuts.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    I sometimes wonder how MPQ secretly shuffles dupes of the same level around. You'd think once you have 2 identical max champed characters they stay in the same place on your roster, but that turns out to be wrong. Or at least for 2* chars it doesn't work this way: every day I use Ares/OBW/Bullseye (all max champ 2*) on the DDQ mission 'Third Time's the Charm' before doing the 'Under the Sea' wave mission, and of those characters I have 2 max champed versions each. After they get damaged during the first (TTtC) mission, they sometimes change position and sometimes don't. So they start out Ares(1) Ares(2) OBW(3) OBW(4) BE(5) BE(6), but sometimes after the first fight they are then arranged (2) (1) (3) (4) or (2) (1) (4) (3) (Bullseye almost never gets damaged if he's in third spot during the fight so I left him out there).

I guess it has something to do with the amount of damage taken and if you take the first or second place version into battle, but so far I haven't really got a solid theory of how it works. Not that I ever did any solid testing, but hey... the thead is about 'Random Thoughts' so there you have it. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed today that the Destroyer Gun deals extra damage to H.A.M.M.E.R. troops at the 3* rank.  This makes me wonder why Asgard would bother to develop a weapon which is especially effective against a c-tier group of Earth henchmen.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I noticed today that the Destroyer Gun deals extra damage to H.A.M.M.E.R. troops at the 3* rank.  This makes me wonder why Asgard would bother to develop a weapon which is especially effective against a c-tier group of Earth henchmen.
    Asgard contracted it out to AIM who saw a chance to take out some competition.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    S.H.I.E.L.D created it based on the technology used to make the Destroyer. At least that's how it goes in the MCU.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you do too much damage  to 3* Hulk then he gets angry. But if you send him airborne with Riri then when he comes crashing back down to the ground he doesn't get mad or do a Hulk smash. Maybe he actually likes it.

Hulk: That was fun, Riri! Do it again! Do it again!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was doing the easy levels of the Sinister 600 event, which allowed me to use Howard the Duck in the 1v1 boss fights.  I realized that when I use Howard I tend to think of a musical parody of Genesis’ “Invisible Touch”

We seem to have an invisible duck, yeah
    He gives a kick, and soon he’ll tear them apart... 
  • TPF Alexis
    When someone talks about "rooster slots"

• shardwick
    I was playing with Kitty in Hearts of Darkness and it dawned on me that her outfit looks a lot like Scorpion's from Mortal Kombat. So now when I see her I'm just gonna think of "Get over here!"
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    After two AI turns netted them 80 AP....

"Oh, I get to play, now? Cool."

Yeah, I lost.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The store art for the Family Legends store is interesting. One guy yelling and two other guys lashing out with drawn weapons. The devs must have interesting family gatherings.
  • shardwick

Me: Listen. I'm in a bit of a rush with grinding for top placement. So you should just do us both a favor and retreat since you only have 1 health.

Goon #1: NEVARRRR!!!!!