MtGPQ Holiday Anniversary Celebration! *Updated (12/27/18)

Options
2»

Comments

• nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would love to see the analytics around IAPs during the 74% drop rate! I know I spent $$$
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Neat things in the blog post, including the tease of allowing for new events with the profile revamp.  I'm interested in hearing more.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nerdstrap said:
    I would love to see the analytics around IAPs during the 74% drop rate! I know I spent $$$
    Same.
    My first idea was that they wanted to bias @volrak s data collection to be unusable ;)
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    From the Blog:

The Player Profile provides us with the base on which to build a long lasting feature set that will provide players with new options and experiences.This is just the first in a long line of updates that will be spaced out over the course of next year, bringing new and exciting features to MtGPQ. Among these updates are Quests and Achievements,Competitive Seasons, and a revitalization of the Color Mastery system. Stay tuned for more info in the future about these new features.
    I have to give a very big thank you to Brigby and the team for this.  Not just for the content, but for the communication itself.  The teaser was just enough to get some fresh energy, while also indicating that you are more engaged with the forums and the suggested improvements than you can reasonably let on during development.

As much grief as the forums can give for any number of things going on, this is a very positive step and shows you're still working to enhance the game experience.  Really looking forward to the enhancements!
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    khurram said:
    Brigby you forgot to mention the 74% drop rate of MPs and 97% drop rate of mythics from the HOU packs as part of the anniversary celebrations.

But the player base thanks you.  Please pass our regards to oktagon. They should do this more often.

That's....actually a bug. Sorry for the confusion. It should now be fixed in the 3.1 hotfix that just went live, alongside the fixes to Lich's Mastery and Gideon's Intervention.
    Finally, a bug the players can all get behind!

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gabrosin said:
    Brigby said:
    khurram said:
    Brigby you forgot to mention the 74% drop rate of MPs and 97% drop rate of mythics from the HOU packs as part of the anniversary celebrations.

But the player base thanks you.  Please pass our regards to oktagon. They should do this more often.

That's....actually a bug. Sorry for the confusion. It should now be fixed in the 3.1 hotfix that just went live, alongside the fixes to Lich's Mastery and Gideon's Intervention.

Amazing that that bug can get corrected within 24 hours, but we have to wait months for other bugs :P
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    DumasAG said:
    Gabrosin said:
    Amazing that that bug can get corrected within 24 hours, but we have to wait months for other bugs :P
    To be fair, if this was a year or even several months back, we might not have been able to fix it so soon.

Oktagon has been gradually improving the technical capabilities of the game behind-the-scenes, and you can see this put into action with more complex hot-fixes, such as the fix to Lich's Mastery and Gideon's Intervention.
    Lich is still broken though. If you bounce it with Rebuke the AI can’t take damage unless it drops it again.
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sneaky way on getting out music back on, haven’t had on for a year or more but assume you could have it muted and Bug would still go up
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    On Christmas Day do we get another free elite pack I remember last year we got 2 freebies over the holidays
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Added Week 3 and 4 details
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hod again? You've got to be kidding.
  • Brigby
    Options
    *Added details about discounted Mana Crystal purchases
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby
    ....you are back to work? :dizzy: so early!
  • Brigby
    Options
    *Added details about Planeswalker Vault discounts
    fiirst said:
    Brigby
    ....you are back to work? :dizzy: so early!
    Not exactly. Haha. Still technically on holiday break, but I'm just taking a bit of time to make sure the holiday anniversary celebration info is updated when something new pops up. :)
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for a great holiday season!  Back to the daily grind now.