New Alliance Event - Sinister 600 *Updated (12/12/18)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Only one mission of each difficulty, but four difficulties instead of Three. Point progression is the same for all difficulties, so I assume it will be a matter of calculating how many players you need to reach full progression, then assign people to the highest possible difficulty.

If 5 players can make max progression then a dedicated Alliance can get all rewards each round. Unsure if that will be the case. 6 players means you can finish progression on 3 out of 4 difficulties, and get some rewards from the last tier too. 10 players means you can finish two of the difficulties.

• BigND
    BigND Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2018
    I don't undestand the math behind this description:
    • Contains six missions.
      • One mission for each difficulty.
        • Easy (Levels 50 - 150)
        • Medium (Levels 90 - 185)
        • Hard (Levels 180 - 300)
        • Deadly (Levels 250 - 450)
    One mission per four difficulties is FOUR missions total, not SIX. So it should be either 4 missions one per difficulty or eight missions total with two per. Which one is correct?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigND said:
    • Contains six missions.
        • Easy (Levels 50 - 150)
    One mission per four difficulties is FOUR missions total, not SIX. So it should be either 4 missions one per difficulty or eight missions total with two per. Which one is correct?
    What you are quoting describes the Parent Chapter, which has 1 of each difficulty.  Playing 1 unlocks the sub chapter, which has the rest of the missions/nodes.
  • BigND
    bluewolf said:
    BigND said:
    • Contains six missions.
        • Easy (Levels 50 - 150)
    What you are quoting describes the Parent Chapter, which has 1 of each difficulty.  Playing 1 unlocks the sub chapter, which has the rest of the missions/nodes.
    And still. In Places of Power there were 6 nodes in parent chapter. Two per difficulty. If in Sinister 600 there are just 4 nodes in parent chapter does it mean we can distribute players between different difficulties and not between different subs of the same difficulty?
    In other words, can we get multiple sets of rewards in deadly difficulty? If yes, how do we do that?
    Thanks.
  • bluewolf
    Just one node per difficulty this time.  You can only get one set of Deadly rewards per day.  How many other nodes you can complete won’t be known until Thursday, but my guess is Deadly and Hard combined will be the most anyone can do.  Maybe a couple people could be free to go to a lesser node if an ally wants.
  • BigND
    bluewolf said:
    Just one node per difficulty this time.  You can only get one set of Deadly rewards per day.  How many other nodes you can complete won’t be known until Thursday, but my guess is Deadly and Hard combined will be the most anyone can do.  Maybe a couple people could be free to go to a lesser node if an ally wants.
    I guess you are right. Rewards are meh at best. Why would we want 8 red covers for Nebula anyway? Even 4 of them are not needed. And just one legendary token? Really? G - greed! 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigND said:
    bluewolf said:
    I guess you are right. Rewards are meh at best. Why would we want 8 red covers for Nebula anyway? Even 4 of them are not needed. And just one legendary token? Really? G - greed! 

A lot of players in high level alliances won't care about the colour of the Nebula covers, they care only about the amount of champ levels they will be able to add with those covers.
    So yeah, I'd tale 8 red Nebula covers.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    @btigby another question.  What was the decision behind the 80 item vault over the normal 40 item vault.  In previous 5* releases we would get a 40 item vault where we could buy the whole thing for a token to get the opportunity for the 5*.  There would also be 2-4* characters in the vault.  Now there is an 80 item vault that in theory would could cost significantly more to get the rewards we used to purchase.  From the devs perspective why do they think this vault is better for the players than the old 40 item ones?
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    It's punishment because nobody purchased the iso deal when it went on sale. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Anon said:
    We recently had a similar event yes?
    Similar, but I'd still say it's a different event entirely. Different art design, different storyline, different enemies, etc.
    You forgot to mention how much worse the rewards are for this one...

• NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    So wait, how many red covers am I getting for my 3/3/9 Nebula. :/
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    As long as new events are "free of recharge ponts" - Progression rewards only , I am fine with it  :D

It's similar to Places of Power, so I think my alliance will go all20 to deadly ...
    Not sure if devs will give us 4 Nebula's covers tough (like they gave 2 LT per sub with PoP) ...
    maybe is only 1 cover for maximum points in the whole event.

@Brigby could you please confirm that the alliance's rewards shown are for each sub  (in that case do the Nebla's covers will be given with different colour per sub) or are for the whole event?
    Thank you  
  • bluewolf
    A couple of points:

1.  Stay tuned on the colors of the Nebula covers.  They may not all be red. 
    2.  Kingpin has the normal 40 item vault, check his character details thread.  It’s up to you if you want to chase the S600 80 item vault as well.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they're going to rotate the colors for Nebula each day. Probably will go something like red, blue, green, red. They'd piss off a ton of people that don't have her fully covered if they gave out 4-8 red covers for her.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

At least it appears that different difficulty subs reward the same points, means you won't be punished on a individual level for taking an easier route.

That's assuming it's the same as PoP and we need 10 people per sub to clear alliance progression daily.  Echo others though - assumptions and guesses do not make for a fun event.  Much rather have the info up front to get our plans together.

Also looks like there are 2 possible 1-time nodes on the parent event.  Any info on those?   Do we get to try KP out? 

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

I'm calling it to be ~14k daily individual sub-points (same for all difficulties).  That puts you at 42k total over 3 days of full clears.  Just past individual prog.  Also means min 10 people per sub to get full Ally prog daily. 

• Quebbster
    Punter1 said:

I'm calling it to be ~14k daily individual sub-points (same for all difficulties).  That puts you at 42k total over 3 days of full clears.  Just past individual prog.  Also means min 10 people per sub to get full Ally prog daily. 

Sounds like a reasonable estimate. Places of Power had different totals for all subs but you Always needed 10 players to finish the Deadly progression. So we might see some fluctuation between the different missions but with this guess it should still be possible to finish progression even if you do subs with somewhat lower total scores.
  • Quebbster
    @Brigby do you know if the mission rewards (for each individual mission you clear, not progression rewards) are the same in each difficulty level?
  • BigND
    Punter1 said:

It could be right assumption, but it is four days event, so i guess the numbers will not be like this.