Avengers Endgame is coming April 19, 2019
I hope this gives you sufficient time to prepare a proper tie in

Comments

• Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Meow!!! 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    They knew the timing on the last one then the studio moved the release date up. Man this forum is snarky.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The studio moving the release date up doesn't change the fact that we didn't get any events or 5* feeders or Double ISO or special vaults or any of the things they DID do for Ant-Man & The Wasp AND the Marvel Studios 10 Year event.

We got Supports, which fell flat on their face and have yet to be fully released in a reasonable manner, and we got three characters (Cap, Black Widow, and Spidey; at best you can give them half-credit for Okoye, because she IS in Infinity War, but she came out for the Black Panther Blu-Ray release, and that overlapping with the releases for Infinity War is coincidence)
  • afsplat
    afsplat Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I call 5* Ronin mid April. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Preparation time is usually a few months for new PvE. So, the best time to give the devs idea on how to celebrate triump over Thanos is now. 

Post all your ideas.

1. Crash of the Mad Titan event would be fitting for this because another meaning for "Crash" is "Failure". 

2. (Dreaming Mode)

An Infinity Gauntlet item that can unite all 6 Infinity Stones support and do something special once per player with all 6 Infinity Stones Support. After that, all these 7 items will be removed from the players' inventories. A short video clip will then play showing what happened to the devs' pockets once. Free stuffs like HP, CP, LTs start dropping into all players' inventories. The more number of players with 6 Infinity Stones Support activate their Infinity Gauntlets, the more rewards there are. This could be something memorable and refreshing to see. 

3. New PvE is going to be difficult without spoiling the movie. They might be able to create new PvE that centered around Infinity War. But I think they will likely to create a new event that centered around Captain Marvel instead.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Preparation time is usually a few months for new PvE. So, the best time to give the devs idea on how to celebrate triump over Thanos is now. 

Post all your ideas.

1. Crash of the Mad Titan event would be fitting for this because another meaning for "Crash" is "Failure". 

2. (Dreaming Mode)

An Infinity Gauntlet item that can unite all 6 Infinity Stones support and do something special once per player with all 6 Infinity Stones Support. After that, all these 7 items will be removed from the players' inventories. A short video clip will then play showing what happened to the devs' pockets once. Free stuffs like HP, CP, LTs start dropping into all players' inventories. The more number of players with 6 Infinity Stones Support activate their Infinity Gauntlets, the more rewards there are. This could be something memorable and refreshing to see. 

3. New PvE is going to be difficult without spoiling the movie. They might be able to create new PvE that centered around Infinity War. But I think they will likely to create a new event that centered around Captain Marvel instead.
    For #3 why does it have to follow the movie?  I always thought a good idea back well before Infinity war was to do a build up kind of similar to the way they did the Guardians of the Galaxy PvE.  Do small one say pieces that end up fitting together later as a full PVE event.  A new 7 day event where every day goes to a different place in the Marvel Universe where each day is chasing a different infinity stone with the last day having to deal with Thanos having the gauntlet with all the stones.  Each day would be something different with one day being Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc.  We have so many characters now, why not take advantage and have each day feature the associated characters and have it all come together at the end when it comes time to fight Thanos and save the day.

They will probably just give thanos a new costume only available by buying to one day $99 bundle
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    afsplat said:
    He is one of the blessed few that has a variant at every tier.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Great thinking bud.  Now we will need to make sure that this thread is top of mind every few weeks so it stays at the top and doesn’t disappear.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    @n25philly That's a wonderful 7-day event story. I like that a lot.

I see that the first quarter of the year seems to be Captain Marvel month.

Jan 2019 - Captain Marvel new comic release

Feb 2019 - 5 new variant covers of Captain Marvel release

Mar 2019 - Captain Marvel movie release

Apr 2019 - Captain Marvel plays a big role in End Game.

I guess Marvel might push the devs to create a PvE around Captain Marvel instead.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    You realize they fully knew the date for Infinity War long before this same time last year, or they thought they did. The reason they didn’t have enough time was that in March 2018 they moved up the release date from May 4th to April 27th. The developers found out the same time the rest of the world did and they lost a week of development time less than 2 months out. For many companies doing development that’s not enough time to change plans without dropping some things. Espicially, with how unpolished and rushed their releases seem to be its not surprising some things had to be dropped. We could arm chair quarterback and tell them how they should have had the stuff done early to not have something like this happen. But while it may be common for movie releases to be pushed back, it was nearly unprecedented for one to move forward. Planning for something as unpredictable as that is nearly impossible. 

All this said I hope they do plan more wiggle room for future movies since there is now an existing precident. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably get a Skrull boss event, maybe a Thanos crash and a Carol skin of Honor Among Thieves. 
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    fmftint said:
    You realize they fully knew the date for Infinity War long before this same time last year, or they thought they did. The reason they didn’t have enough time was that in March 2018 they moved up the release date from May 4th to April 27th. The developers found out the same time the rest of the world did and they lost a week of development time less than 2 months out. For many companies doing development that’s not enough time to change plans without dropping some things. Espicially, with how unpolished and rushed their releases seem to be its not surprising some things had to be dropped. We could arm chair quarterback and tell them how they should have had the stuff done early to not have something like this happen. But while it may be common for movie releases to be pushed back, it was nearly unprecedented for one to move forward. Planning for something as unpredictable as that is nearly impossible. 

All this said I hope they do plan more wiggle room for future movies since there is now an existing precident. 
    Ummm....you do realize they could have still done all of that a week later - it wasn't like AIW was going away.  THe devs never said they didn't have content because of the pull-in.  And if they did they certainly would have released it.  But they didn't. 

They sorta admitted they learned their lesson for AM&TW and did what many consider to be a more proper release and celebration of a new Marvel movie. 

Now it could be that Marvel just didn't want MPQ to do anything for AIW, but that doesn't seem likely since they commissioned a lot of other game tie-ins - even Fortnite for goodness sake.

I don't think the week pull-in for AIW release had ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING.  But hip hip to the OP for reminding everyone at Demi & D3 what's coming and that their fans and supporters are really hoping and expecting something more novel this time around for an Avengers movie release.
  • tiomono
    Phumade said:
    afsplat said:
    There is no 4* Hawkeye. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a 4* instead of 5*. 
  • tiomono
    JHawkInc said:
    The studio moving the release date up doesn't change the fact that we didn't get any events or 5* feeders or Double ISO or special vaults or any of the things they DID do for Ant-Man & The Wasp AND the Marvel Studios 10 Year event.

We got Supports, which fell flat on their face and have yet to be fully released in a reasonable manner, and we got three characters (Cap, Black Widow, and Spidey; at best you can give them half-credit for Okoye, because she IS in Infinity War, but she came out for the Black Panther Blu-Ray release, and that overlapping with the releases for Infinity War is coincidence)
    Yes but do we really need the players coming in and "reminding" the dev team how to do their jobs?

They did admit it could have been better then they stepped up their game with the antman and wasp tie in. 

My thought is there are better ways to drum up excitement for an event then by leading in implying the devs do not know what they are doing. Hence me saying this forum is full of snark.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    JHawkInc said:

Yes but do we really need the players coming in and "reminding" the dev team how to do their jobs?

They did admit it could have been better then they stepped up their game with the antman and wasp tie in. 

My thought is there are better ways to drum up excitement for an event then by leading in implying the devs do not know what they are doing. Hence me saying this forum is full of snark.
    We had to remind they about daylight saving time, they still got the end time of the season wrong with no answer. 

We we had to remind them to turn on double iso for LTs during anniversary events, they did this year and forgot the past 2 years.  

There are other examples but I cannot think of them right now.  So this isn’t the first or the last time we will have to remind them.  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    JHawkInc said:

We had to remind they about daylight saving time, they still got the end time of the season wrong with no answer. 

We we had to remind them to turn on double iso for LTs during anniversary events, they did this year and forgot the past 2 years.  

There are other examples but I cannot think of them right now.  So this isn’t the first or the last time we will have to remind them.  
    I still don’t know what time to expect lightning rounds next week. I missed them completely this week. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    JHawkInc said:

Their job is to make us happy so we spend money on their game, so yes, I consider communicating what would make us happy to be a fair course of action.

Yes, they did admit things could have been better and they did show they can step things up to more meet our expectations. I don't see a problem with a friendly reminder that we expect such for the next Avengers film as well (after all, we aren't making this post for Captain Marvel's movie release, or for Far From Home).

I don't see any snark in the initial post at all. It's so short it's hard to read any subtext in it at all. We have the date of the Avengers release, it's addressed to the devs, and it asks for a proper tie-in. Simple and straightforward, it doesn't get much more snark-free than that. Yes, the elephant in the room is that this is only necessary because they "screwed it up" last time an Avengers film came out, but the initial post could have said that, and it didn't, because it didn't have to, and because the request is still totally valid without any snark applied.

If you have better ideas about how to drum up excitement, why not share them, instead of keeping them to yourself and complaining that the forum is too snarky (for talking plainly, without snark, about a problem that they hope to see fixed)?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:
    Phumade said:
    afsplat said:
    They probably consider Kate Bishop to be the 4* Hawkeye, similar to how to how Miles Morales was the 4* Spiderman. Since Infinity war brought us 4* Peter Parker, I expect a 4* Hawkeye (Ronin) to be most likely.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    @n25philly That's a wonderful 7-day event story. I like that a lot.

I see that the first quarter of the year seems to be Captain Marvel month.

Jan 2019 - Captain Marvel new comic release

Feb 2019 - 5 new variant covers of Captain Marvel release

Mar 2019 - Captain Marvel movie release

Apr 2019 - Captain Marvel plays a big role in End Game.

I guess Marvel might push the devs to create a PvE around Captain Marvel instead.
    Yeah, I thought of as a lead up to infinity war, so probably too late now.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Kahmon said:
    tiomono said:
    Phumade said:
    afsplat said:
    They probably consider Kate Bishop to be the 4* Hawkeye, similar to how to how Miles Morales was the 4* Spiderman. Since Infinity war brought us 4* Peter Parker, I expect a 4* Hawkeye (Ronin) to be most likely.
    Agree.  4* Ronin.  But I think a 5* Cap Marvel and 5* Adam Warlock have serious potential.