Character select screen

Options
dave7099
dave7099 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
An you please, for the love of God, improve the the character select screen?  Scrolling through a list of 145 characters with no filters is beyond idiotic.  

Comments

• MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Now there are 175. And so far, they have done nothing to improve this.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With all of my duplicates I currently have 196 characters rostered, and I know there are older veterans with even larger rosters. Given that new characters are being released every 2 weeks, and that I still don't have every 3* dupe yet, I'm probably going to have a 200-deep roster within the next 6-8 weeks.

When I'm trying to find Doc Strange among 196 characters, why can't I just search for him by name? I realize given the variants of characters that there will be multiple results, but that can be easily resolved by just moving every character that matches the search term to the front of the roster.

If our roster can be filtered by star ranking when viewing the roster, then when selecting our team for a match we should be able to filter by star ranking as well. Why can't we do that?

Lastly, if we can use variants (different star rankings) of an Essential character, such as the Hawkeye node in the Ultron event, then tapping on Hawkeye (for example) should move ALL of our Hawkeye variants to the front of our roster. My 5* Hawkeye is not very well covered so I used 3* Hawkeye for his node, especially as he was boosted, but every single time I did the Hawkeye node I had to scroll through my roster to find the 3* version because the game always auto-selected the non-boosted 2* version. Next time, I'm going to roster 1* Hawkeye to see if the game will auto-select him.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    Lastly, if we can use variants (different star rankings) of an Essential character, such as the Hawkeye node in the Ultron event, then tapping on Hawkeye (for example) should move ALL of our Hawkeye variants to the front of our roster. My 5* Hawkeye is not very well covered so I used 3* Hawkeye for his node, especially as he was boosted, but every single time I did the Hawkeye node I had to scroll through my roster to find the 3* version because the game always auto-selected the non-boosted 2* version. Next time, I'm going to roster 1* Hawkeye to see if the game will auto-select him.
    I have 1* Hawkeye rostered (along with all the other versions of him). It still auto-selected the 2* every time.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't understand why it seems to always choose my worst character from any given "class" of character on boss events
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, at least it chooses (unChamped level 270) Black Suit Spiderman instead of Bagman, but yeah. Improvements needed. Especially when playing Combined Arms or Balance of Power, and like mentioned, with Boss side missions requiring a character with variants, filtering is required. Multiple filters preferably. Out of character select offers Rarity filters, so that’s an obvious add. And straight-up typing it in after that. Setting a pair or a trio would sure be nice to. “Select Favorite Pair” would help players both in Versus and on essential missions in Story. And “Select Trio” would obviously help Simulator and non-essential missions.