New Supports: The Tinkerer (12/4/18)

2»

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since there doesn't seem to be any (public) plans to add new supports to the standard supports store, how about increasing the odds of pulling the featured support from one of these new release stores?
    Based on the odds given in this post, a single support token for this new release store represents a 9.8% chance of pulling Tinkerer.
    If we look back to the Wakandan supports release (the first not to be added to the standard store), each token had a 52% chance of being one of the new supports.  Granted that store had five featured supports, but even the following Royal Talon Fighter release gave 14.8% odds.
    Normally I wouldn't complain about low individual odds, but when the primary method of acquiring these support tokens is a vault that is only 12.5% support tokens it gets a bit ridiculous.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Perk 5

• Rank 5 Level 250
    • At the start of battle, there's a 80% chance to gain 6 Black AP.

Will literally *anyone* put Tinkerer on Prowler when he could go on Vulture instead?
    I'd put it on Jessica, personally. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Perk 5

• Rank 5 Level 250

Will literally *anyone* put Tinkerer on Prowler when he could go on Vulture instead?
    You can’t.  Villians only. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    awesome, a support for vulture.
    now I only need a skin for him, too. 

after that add a new loading screen. 
    with that you got every bug in the game. 

99 bugs in the code, 
    99 bugs. 
    take one down, 
    patch it around...
    127 bugs in the code,
    127 bugs...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Making it Villains only....not exciting to me, I already have a bunch of them I barely use.

Then 1 of the three perks only helps Invisible characters when they fire powers?  Ghost and Prowler are the only two Villains I can find that turn invisible.  And Ghost has Quantum Realm already.

It could have just been “Prowler only”, although the Rank 5 perk is nice for Vulture, and Gobby might have fun with it. (ha! Great for the 10 people who luck into that one)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Brigby said:

Perk 5

• Rank 5 Level 250

Considering the artwork would be fitting for someone working with the MCU Vulture and Vulture is even the HfH cover for the Tinkerer tokens, I’d like to think that they considered this.
    You have to remember one fact.

with it pve limited.  Yes, you could get vulture airborne on the start in 5e.   But your talking about an 8 to. 10 turn match.  Your also swapping a 5* to  4* in a level 515 matchup.

i just think airborne vulture AP gen is too slow compared to the massive damage of brocket- starlord , cascade speed of thormerica.  Or the AOE speed of thorokye.  

But it it’s great if it helps more people complete scl9 5e.  We need more people in the higher brackets.  But I don’t think it changes t10.

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Perk 5

• Rank 5 Level 250

You can’t.  Villians only. 
    Oh.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    fmftint said:
    Brigby said:

As for adjustments to the acquisition rate, the team has already drafted up a design concept as to how they can improve this system. Unfortunately that's as much news as I have available to pass along, but I will absolutely share details once the team is able to finalize it all and iron out a date as to when it can be implemented.
    I'm sorry but this really is not at all acceptable.  

Supports launched on 4/5
    Added Children of Thanos to the support store on 5/22
    New supports dropped to only 3 perks at R1, 3, 5 on 7/3

They've been in game for EIGHT months now and it's five months since the last support related change
    Yeah, i have to agree.  I understand the intent is to keep things on topic, but after this long, we *have* to bring it up otherwise we go crazy.  We have to make sure those coming to the thread understand that they should be wary of any new support, the shortcomings of the odds, etc.

Plus, now we know that a "design concept" has been drafted.  That was not shared over in the thread you mentioned, and may not have if not pressed over here.  

Now, we only have to wait who-knows-how-long for it to be implemented. And it will be interesting to see if we get an update on that in the other thread first
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Perk 5

• Rank 5 Level 250

I wouldn’t because I rarely get them and no longer bother applying them when I do. However that’s the level 5 perk. I would think many people who get anything but the 5* would put it on Prowler.  Perk 1 & 3 don’t help Vulture all that much. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Brigby said:

As for adjustments to the acquisition rate, the team has already drafted up a design concept as to how they can improve this system. Unfortunately that's as much news as I have available to pass along, but I will absolutely share details once the team is able to finalize it all and iron out a date as to when it can be implemented.
    I'm sorry but this really is not at all acceptable.  

Supports launched on 4/5
    Added Children of Thanos to the support store on 5/22
    New supports dropped to only 3 perks at R1, 3, 5 on 7/3

They've been in game for EIGHT months now and it's five months since the last support related change
    Snark aside, my hope is they are taking the time to fix the mirrade of issues with supports in one massive change. I was optimistic they were close to executing it when they stopped added new. Now there’s another same old support.