New Supports: The Tinkerer (12/4/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

PERK LIST

Perk 1Rank 5 Level 250When the supported character fires a power, there's a 65% chance of creating a strength 551 Strike tile.Perk 3Rank 5 Level 250While they are Invisible, the supported character's powers deal an additional 4180 damage to enemies.Perk 5Rank 5 Level 250At the start of battle, there's a 80% chance to gain 6 Black AP.Prowler Synergy PerkRank 5 Level 250When you match a Fortified enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile, deal 456 damage and fortify 2 friendly tiles.STORE OFFERS
GeneralNew vault and store offering will be made available at 12:00 PM EDT on December 4th.
All special offers last for two days.Supports: The Tinkerer StoreHas all the contents of the Supports Comic Store plus:Vibranium Ore (Wakandan Secret)The Dora Milaje (Protectors of the Throne)Shuri's Lab (Maker Space)Kimoyo Beads (Vibranium Communicator)Ancestral Plane (Home of Panthers)Royal Talon Fighter (Vibranium Aircraft)Spider-Sense (Danger Detection)Hulkling (Young Avengers)Wasp Gauntlets (Pym Blasters)Quantum Realm (Sub-Atomic Space)Carol's Communicator (Super Beeper)The Carol Corps (Banshee Squadron)Chewie (Flerken Feline)Mirror Image (Loki's Trickery)Yaro Root (Not Ripe)
Pocket Radio (Party Starter)Lockheed (Dragon Companion)Taskmaster's Sword (Deadly Blade)Hope Summers (Mutant Messiah)The Tinkerer (Phineas Mason)
The Tinkerer is available at 4x oddsHas Beginner, Advanced, and Master packsThe odds to get a Rank 5 Support in the Master pack is 1 in 27.Only visible if you have a token for the store.
The Tinkerer VaultA 120 item vault1x Supports: The Tinkerer Master Token5x Supports: The Tinkerer Advanced Tokens9x Supports: The Tinkerer Beginner Tokens1x random 4-Star Cover14x random 3-Star Covers63x random 2-Stars Covers1x 6,000 Red Iso-83x 4,000 Red Iso-83x 3,000 Red Iso-82x 1,000 Red Iso-83x 500 Red Iso-82x 5,000 Iso-85x 1,500 Iso-88x 1,000 Iso-8Vulture Heroes for HireAvailable to all playersAvailable in the Heroes for Hire store4,800 Hero PointsMaximum 1 purchase.Contents:1x Vulture Black cover2x The Tinkerer Advanced Tokens3x The Tinkerer Beginner Tokens30,000 Red Iso-8Kraven the Hunter Heroes for HireAvailable to all playersAvailable in the Heroes for Hire store250 Command PointsMaximum 1 purchase.Contents:1x Kraven the Hunter Black cover1x The Tinkerer Master Token3x The Tinkerer Advanced Tokens100,000 Red Iso-8

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh look a new support...... 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    When can we expect to see this in the support store after this limited vault is over? @Brigby
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    @brigby, curious: in the past, new supports would come out with new chararers, every two weeks or so, but this it the first new support since 10/23 (Hope Summers). Does this mean we'll be seeing a slow down of new supports or just nothing that fit the theme for Domino or Bishop?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    We need access to Support tokens, and stores need to be updated with all of the existing tokens. Hello, Earth to devs? This has been a problem for months, and we've given you an easy and obvious solution for months, and you can't even give us the dignity of talking about the problem, much less actually doing anything to fix it.

This is crossing the line from infuriating to insulting.
  • Brigby
    When can we expect to see this in the support store after this limited vault is over? Brigby
    I'm afraid at this moment I don't have any available news to share about when The Tinkerer may enter the support store.
    brigby, curious: in the past, new supports would come out with new chararers, every two weeks or so, but this it the first new support since 10/23 (Hope Summers). Does this mean we'll be seeing a slow down of new supports or just nothing that fit the theme for Domino or Bishop?
    The only information I'm aware of is that it's not a guarantee we'll be releasing a new support alongside each new character, as is evident with Domino and Bishop.

I'm afraid I'm unaware as to the reasoning behind that, but it's plausible that the inability to find something to turn into a support, that's both iconic and relevant to the character, is part of the reason for the inconsistency.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Any info on when previous releases will be put into support packs, as that none have been entered since the children of Thanos? Or should we consider these supports limited / one time items
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just going to keep on playing as if they don't exist
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    actually Why not remove the basic support token from the vaults?

Those 16 dupe supports  could have been 16 3* covers, which translates to a 4* cover plus all the other iso cp, and hp that I would have gotten off my farms.

until there's a plan to actually use or update the basic support token store.  Please remove the token since it no longer has any use to active players

Keep the One-time Support stores,  since there is no plan to merge them into the general support store.  The people who want to whale for the support can do so, with out burdening players with tokens to redundant items that aren't actively manged or updated.  Most people already have those basic supports acquired, no need to have empty or null spots in the vault.
  • Brigby
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of the new The Tinkerer support.

If you wish to discuss the acquisition rate of Supports, then please discuss them in the following thread:
    Thank you!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gosh darn, and I was just about to comment on the acquisition rate of supports, specifically pertaining to the contents of the Tinkerer vault and the sub-optimal results of my single token opening.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the reply, @Brigby
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Perk 5

• Rank 5 Level 250
    • At the start of battle, there's a 80% chance to gain 6 Black AP.

Will literally *anyone* put Tinkerer on Prowler when he could go on Vulture instead?
    Considering the artwork would be fitting for someone working with the MCU Vulture and Vulture is even the HfH cover for the Tinkerer tokens, I’d like to think that they considered this.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    250 cp for Kraven and you don't have a guarantee of getting the new support.
    whats 1/27 chance of 5%?  A: too tinykitty small to bother

Vulture turn one take off is straight broken
    the invisible AoE buff is amazing but you also get a big ol strike tile
    the synergy perk is really good too but suffers from comparison. If you did run this on Prowler the added fortification would ensure that you team with shuri or Powerman, third option would be T'challa and run his red at 5 but again Vulture can go Airborne on your first turn. 

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:Perk 5Rank 5 Level 250At the start of battle, there's a 80% chance to gain 6 Black AP.

Will literally *anyone* put Tinkerer on Prowler when he could go on Vulture instead?
    I mean, it's a great support for both characters.