Who to champ AntMan vs Kate Bishop

So I have Antman and Kate at almost 13 covers each. My inclination is Kate, but I don’t like her black power that damages her. 
I have all my 3 stars champed and I farm my 2 stars. 
My only 4* champs are HulkTME and America Chavez. 
All of my other 4* are no where near champing and I have all of them but a few. Thanks! 

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kate could actually work well with MEHulk and Chavez. All the board shake they do makes it much easier to match away the Looking for Trouble countdown. And on the flipside, it also means they're much more likely to match away the countdowns, trap, and special tiles that Ant-Man is all about. Kate also fills in both missing colours, while Scott only covers blue.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kate Bishop easily. The CD tile lasts for a while and even if for some reason it doesn't get matched, it's negligible. With that said she does some pretty sweet damage. She's well worth it.
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Thanks Kate it is! 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You made the right decision. Kate is a great 4-star with big damage output. Just to add: I feel her black is her one mandatory power that needs to be set at 5. Like @Anon said - don't worry about the self-damage, often the countdown can get matched away or the match ends before it goes off.

Since you're a 4-star transitioner, use her with 3-star Iron Fist so he can make black for her. Throw Switch in to make purple and leave Kate's blue at 3. I played that team a lot when she was one of my own early 4-stars. With those two feeding her, Kate can single-handedly ruin your foe's day.
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Super, thanks for that. I hadn’t thought to use IF to feed her black, i had been using IF and Blackpanther for a long while. 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    She also pairs very well with Cloak and Dagger. keep them spamming black and you will rarely get dinged by her black power.  I am a big fan of Antman in the current meta but where you are right now she makes much more sense since she is one of the highest damage dealers in 4 land
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Kate a lot and she is in my queue to champ, so good choice!

Ant-man is pretty groovy also but he wouldn't have had the same impact as Kate and her Blue negates Apocalypse healing so has an extra niche to it.