R167 Release Notes (12/3/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited December 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the release notes for the R167 update!

MPQ 167!
  • "Anything For Love"
What's Changed:
  • Hero Point Sale starts today, 12/3, and ends on 12/10!

• In wave missions, when an enemy power downs one teammate and causes another one to arrive, the newly arriving character will no longer fire passive powers in response.
    • For example: you're fighting Carnage and he fires Symbiote Scythes, downing a teammate and causing Kamala Khan to arrive. "Bring Out The Best" used to fire in response to Symbiote Scythes; now it doesn't.
    • Please Note: This is a fix specifically for when the enemy team downs their own teammate.
  • Corrected behavior where "Full Points" would display before the event points were actually full.
  • Alignment of "Tap Here" circle in tutorial missions has been improved.

Comments

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    5* Scarlet Witch
  • IronLad
    IronLad Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    My unsubstantiated guess is that "Anything For Love" is a lyrical clue, pointing to "I'd run right into hell and back" - of the Marvel Hell characters (who aren't Ghost Rider), I'd opt for Daimon Hellstrom.

He doesn't have the potentially-offensive baggage of the other possibilities, and he is in some other modern Marvel games.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    "I would do anything for love" by Meatloaf who played Robert Paulsen in Fight Club. The real life Robert Paulsen played Batroc the Leaper (voice actor) in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. 

5* Batroc incoming
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    IronLad said:
    My unsubstantiated guess is that "Anything For Love" is a lyrical clue, pointing to "I'd run right into hell and back" - of the Marvel Hell characters (who aren't Ghost Rider), I'd opt for Daimon Hellstrom.

He doesn't have the potentially-offensive baggage of the other possibilities, and he is in some other modern Marvel games.
    or Hell's Kitchen maybe. 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I think it could be a character that can make people do anything they want through their voice and powers, which makes me think either kilgrave/purple man or enchantress. I am really hoping for a David Tennant version of Kilgrave. He’s certainly powerful enough to be a 5*.
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    After having watched Daredevil recently on Netflix, I would guess Kingpin. He would certainly fit. Besides, I want more villains.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anything for Love is by Meatloaf.  His most famous album has to be "Bat out of H&!!".

5* Batwing (debuted in Untold Tales of Spider-man #2) confirmed.  I mean, we just got Prowler....let's dig even deeper into Spidey's rogue's gallery.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nate Grey cause it sounds like a tagline for the new Uncanny X-Men issue...

Image result for nate grey uncanny xmen
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Drlex said:
    After having watched Daredevil recently on Netflix, I would guess Kingpin. He would certainly fit. Besides, I want more villains.
    Well Kingpin and Meatloaf share body types, so maybe.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    fmftint said:
    Anything for love

Five star Meatloaf coming
    Whatever, as long as the sound is permanently muted...

And see what y'all can make of this, as far as a potential hint: https://bit.ly/2pifh0C
    (Note: used a shortened URL due to arguably PG13 nature of the link...)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't know who you are but you're a real dead ringer for God.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:

Is this an alternate timeline Cable or something?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Is this an alternate timeline Cable or something?
    Looks like Nate Grey, a version of Cable not infected with the techno-virus.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    They just did prowler so kingpin would make sense too because they are both in the new animated Spider-Man movie
  • IronLad
    IronLad Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I'd but interested but wary to see 5* Kingpin - his previous version & 5* Doc Ock aren't setting great precedents for villains who aren't Thanos...

Of course, if he came with a new PvE encounter that would balance the books!