Prowler converting too many tiles [Investigating]

Zenpoolio
Zenpoolio Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
When I did the Prowler Shield training node when making a match that included a fortified enemy special tile he was stealing enemy special tiles that had fallen into the co-ordinates of any of the tiles removed during the match even though those tiles were not fortified or matched themselves.

Probably not an issue that would be seen often but with Storm placing so many special tiles it was ver5y noticeable in this mission.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably the same problem as with Medusa. The game doesn't seem to track tiles as they move, as such, it just records the state of each set of coordinates and changes those according to some procedure that mimics the tiles being swapped and falling. Abmoraz has a much more detailed explanation here.
    Frankly, if they haven't fixed it for Medusa in the ~2 years she's been around, they probably ain't fixing it for Prowler.
  • Zenpoolio
    Zenpoolio Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Perhaps seeing it happening more will push them to fix it and honestly this could be a major issue as even with it mostly not showing up unless there is a lot of enemy tiles on the board its very easy to build a team with him that uses your other two characters to place enemy tiles.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I put up a detailed explanation on why....

... Abmoraz has a much more detailed explanation here....

dangit! :)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed this too during the Prowler versus tournament.  I made a simple match-3 that resulted in an enemy special falling into one of the matched cells.  It was then converted to a friendly special.  As a bonus, I'd previously fortified the enemy tile so got to keep the fortification when it was flipped.