The Dragon War Crashing At the Beginning of Battles

Options
DrHibbert
DrHibbert Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
So this has happened to me on four consecutive nodes now: I craft a specific deck for the node, start the battle, the two planeswalkers flash onto the screen, the two 'special' gems for that node flash onto the screen, "Player's Turn" or something to that effect flashes onto the screen, and then insta-crash for the app. This happens to me in other events as well (RTO, Rising Tensions), but never with this consistency. It sure seems to have something to do with the rapid flashes of things overlaid atop the board. I can't think of a single event or node where this happens when there isn't a special gem or something that has to be introduced at the beginning of the battle, thus creating the need for rapid back-to-back flashes. For instance, never once has Training Grounds or Trial of the Planes crashed on me as soon as the battle begins. Also, although the crashes most often happen at the beginning of battles as I've described, on occasion I get the same crash behavior if I tap a special gem during a battle to check on its effects.

To add some context, I play on an NVIDIA shield tablet (2 GB ram), I never run any other apps when I run MTGPQ, I run with the 'Power Saving' setting on, and I run the tablet in battery saver mode (MTGPQ actually makes my tablet uncomfortably warm if i don't run in this mode). I consider the tablet itself very stable, and I can't remember the last time an app crashed that wasn't MTGPQ.

On a side note: it would probably break some fundamental software design for the application or something, but it sure would be nice to not get credited for a loss without having even matched a single gem. I get that maybe some players could exploit this in theory (not happy with starting cards and then intentionally crash the app?), but it's super frustrating to not do a single thing in a battle, take an L, then have to wait 7 hours to see if it will happen again. 

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,624 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would be frustrated if this happened to me, but can’t say I have experienced anything like you described above.

i have played multiple nodes in the dragon war without any issues today.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @DrHibbert If you continue to run into this problem, could you submit a ticket regarding this issue to Customer Support including all of your device information such as make/model, OS version number, available memory, etc. so they can assist in looking into this issue?