*** Captain America (Super Soldier) ***

Comments

• DaveyPitch wrote:
    someguy321 wrote:
    I finally got my first *** Thor, so I FOR SURE HOPE it will be buffed on the next event -_-

I really hope so, my Lazy Thor is soon to be 4/4/4 with enough ISO to take him to level 100!
    lucky pulls or dropping dimes?

It will be a lazy cap, as ice said as much (didn't stipulate which character it would be at the time). Just how lazy will be the important question. Since I think 2** cap is so weak, I wouldn't even mind a lazy cap honestly as long as he gets a slightly messed with yellow. I am more against thr lazy x idea in general more than this specific instance of it.
  • So....

Is Captain America (Steve Rogers) [Nice movie tie-in there] :

a) 3*** Captain America (with unique abilities)

or

b) 3*** "Gold" version of 2** Captain America?

Any guesses?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I spent money on this game when I first started because I pulled 2* Cap, but didn't have a roster slot. I wanted him so bad, but he sat in my queue forever, then finally I was like, dang it, I'll spend some dough. It was then I realized the cover had expired and was gone.

Because of that I kind of get excited at the prospect of a potentially useful Captain America. God, I want him to be good.

In my imagination, you haven't pulled a single Cap since that fateful day. But...you've probably pulled 40 of them since then...
  • I'm going to guess he's new because 2-star Cap doesn't have abilities that scale well.
  • Looks like the most likely bet was the right one. Hope they're using the classic costume at least.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    So....

Is Captain America (Steve Rogers) [Nice movie tie-in there] :

a) 3*** Captain America (with unique abilities)

or

b) 3*** "Gold" version of 2** Captain America?

Any guesses?

Almost certainly b). Ooh, how about a third option?

c) 4**** "Gold" version of 2** Captain America!
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I'm going to guess he's new because 2-star Cap doesn't have abilities that scale well.

But the name is in gold. That's basically a confirmation that it's a lazy cap as far as we understand the system.
  • most likely a gold character

icex " Current plan is to be sitting on our Laz-E-Boys for this next character release (and I know there’ll be some anger from that). That being said, we’ve got our next 4* lined up already, just don’t have a release date set yet. next Gold character will be a 3* as was Thor. The 4* is someone different."
  • He's one of the cover boys for all of Marvel (Even this App). So make him proud developers.
  • Wish list:

How a Lazy America could be a contender...

He basically stays exactly like he is with only the following additions besides scaling.....

Red and Blue deal additional effects/damage if you select a basic tile instead of a special tile to overwrite. (strike, protection, cooldown)
    Yellow: Lower the cost, remove the protection effect from the yellow tiles you place instead add protection to 1 random tile on the board.

Result: Cap retails his niche as the king of cooldown control, but gains more usage when special tiles are not in effect.
  • Vairelome wrote:
    Almost certainly b). Ooh, how about a third option?

c) 4**** "Gold" version of 2** Captain America!

IceIX has said that "Gold" is the moniker for a 1* or 2** character that is allowed to level up to 141.
  • Vairelome wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    God I hope it is not a Lazy Captain America, he needs new abilities.

I agree with the sentiment, but I think we're likely to be disappointed. We were told that the next "new" character would be gold, and Cap was by far the most predicted (though not hoped for) option.

Though Captain America really wouldn't be so bad, if his abilities were 1) cheaper and 2) useful.

I find his powers to be very useful in the team I play with. You'd be surprised what a well-timed Peacemaker can do.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX specifically stated that the new character was one they "thought up on their La-Z-Boys." It's a Lazy Cap. I'd love it if they made a useful Cap, but think of it this way: Captain America is one of the most popular characters. As useless as he is (and he's pretty useless), people use him. People will buy him.

A 3/5/5 build is *reasonably* good in PvE to overwrite countdown tiles, but I don't see a use for him outside of that (barring über-buffing).
  • Nemek wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I spent money on this game when I first started because I pulled 2* Cap, but didn't have a roster slot. I wanted him so bad, but he sat in my queue forever, then finally I was like, dang it, I'll spend some dough. It was then I realized the cover had expired and was gone.

Because of that I kind of get excited at the prospect of a potentially useful Captain America. God, I want him to be good.

In my imagination, you haven't pulled a single Cap since that fateful day. But...you've probably pulled 40 of them since then...

You, Nemek, are a cruel, cruel man.
  • I'm excited about a new Simulator! Not looking forward to another 9 day event though, especially just to possibly earn a slighted modified character. 5 days is really my sweet spot before burning out.
  • CWTyger wrote:
    Vairelome wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    God I hope it is not a Lazy Captain America, he needs new abilities.

I agree with the sentiment, but I think we're likely to be disappointed. We were told that the next "new" character would be gold, and Cap was by far the most predicted (though not hoped for) option.

Though Captain America really wouldn't be so bad, if his abilities were 1) cheaper and 2) useful.

In general, I do find the use of Captain America to be extremely surgical though. His main purpose is in PVE to remove countdown tiles (which when combined with IM40 in the latest Heroic allowed for pretty darned easy removals), but beyond that he has little purpose. Yellow is seriously waaay too costly to be used during the fight when it matters, and by the time you get 19AP, you're probably gonna use it to get a match-5 to end the game. If they dropped it to 14AP and allowed targeting of all tiles his usage would increase significantly (which is also fairly balanced because unlike C.Mag's blue you can't chain it forever).
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    someguy321 wrote:
    I finally got my first *** Thor, so I FOR SURE HOPE it will be buffed on the next event -_-

I really hope so, my Lazy Thor is soon to be 4/4/4 with enough ISO to take him to level 100!
    lucky pulls or dropping dimes?

Mainly event rewards, I got top 1000 in the Hulk event for 1/1/1, then finished in top 10 of the first Heroic for 2/2/2. Paid HP to take him to 3/3/3, and used him to win the 2nd Heroic for 4/4/4.
  • Hope they're using the classic costume at least.

I think it's going to be the maskless design here (which would be why it's designated as 'Steve Rogers' rather than 'Classic')

http://marvel.wikia.com/Steve_Rogers:_S ... er_Vol_1_1
  • Frankly, I could use an event where I don't care about prizing highly.
  • Dayraven wrote:
    Hope they're using the classic costume at least.

I think it's going to be the maskless design here (which would be why it's designated as 'Steve Rogers' rather than 'Classic')

http://marvel.wikia.com/Steve_Rogers:_S ... er_Vol_1_1

Would be pretty darned cool if that was the actual cover they are gonna be using wouldn't it?