Hot eyes vs. HB

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Kinda boring board but got off several yellow cd:s. Then after matching a couple of TU:s I could get off a blue and a red (had over 10 TU:s). HB:s next move was Overdrive that made him kill himself. Thanks, HB! LT was a Cable, he's now 3/2/1.

Comments

• Anduinel
    Anduinel Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Took a couple of tries with a 4/5/2 Cyke. There was no practically no red on the first board until HB lucked into a match 5 and match 4, then pretty much unleashed everything at once.  :/ Took him out on the second attempt without any real issue, though. Got a purple Sandman cover.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    Easy peasy with my lvl 250 5/5/2.

Had a 4 match yellow right away a couple turns later had my yellow counter out. Red filled up fast and waited till I had 10 TU. Blasted once with red a turn later blasted with a second red. Only took match damage.

LT was a champ level for Fisk.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Champed Clops made mince meat out of the Iron Giant. Team-up/Yellow heavy board was an ideal starting situation to ramp up to a Super Shot.

Red Domino to 1/1/0 B)
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018

Holy god is this CotT killing me. My Cyke is LV209, 5/3/2. I'm using +1 Red/Yellow, +1 All, and Boost All.

It doesn't matter. No matter how much I deny red, he keeps getting a TON of it and OHK-ing me with Repulsor Punch. I'm 0-4 so far. I simply can not do enough damage to him before he gets the red he needs to end me.

EDIT: Lost 3 more times. Okay, I give up. this is unbeatable for me for whatever reason.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Go after Red, Blue, Yellow in that order. Use Blue and Yellow to accumulate Red AP. And deny Black whenever you can.

I previously won with a lv140 5/3/3 Cyclops, no boosts. A lv209 5/3/2 Cyclops shouldnt have much problems.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    Luck plays a huge factor in these when you don't have them champed.  Keep trying, you'll get a good board sooner or later!  Remember, you have five days - if you run short of health packs just do it later.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Don't feel bad, even my Lv. 298 'clops came super close to getting schooled. My initial board had a lot of team-up tiles, so I decided to focus on yellow and team up tiles first. He got Overdrive off on the 3rd turn, and took away more than half my health. He almost match-damaged me to death after that with those strike tiles, but I was able to get the necessary team-up/red AP to one-shot him when I had like 1457 health left. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I got kinda lucky, made a match for 10 team up then he fired Overdrive and made a match. If he used both powers the same turn I probably would have lost, but I was able to fire full Combined Forces and take him out when he was sitting on 16 red
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    There are threads for every single Crash in the Events forum. You don't need to clutter General Discussion every time a new Crash appears.
    I was going to mention the same thing, but you beat me to it.
    These threads are a great source of advice, and have saved my rear end many times, but let's keep them in one consistent (correct) place here on the forums.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76290/hot-eyes-vs-hb#latest .

Besides I usually chuckle at the guys' punny thread titles in the Events sub-forum.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 281 Cyke sitting on a 5/4/4

This ended up being quite a tense battle, I chased my colours and team up and tried to deny black and I got the early initiative, blasting him with a team-up fueled optic blast and then hitting him with a blue. He retaliated though with a repulsor punch and suddenly I saw he had an overdrive ready which would let him KO me with another repulsor punch, he let rip with his overdrive and I was certain it was goodnight but the resulting self damage JUST killed him! Got away with that one!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 278 5/3/5 Hot Eyes

I took +2 red/yellow and +2 Blue just for giggles (and because I so rarely use my boosts they all sit at 30 and get wasted when I obtain more). The board fell in a nice way for me to deny HB black and red. I waited until I had 10 TU AP, which also gave me the red (thanks yellow!), and then blasted HB into a crushing defeat. 4Cyclops remains one of my favorite characters, mechanically. I just love him.

Token to the post-Loki hoard.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I took +2 all into my fight, 275 (?) 5/3/5. Got him first try, though the board was red-heavy at first so I ate a non-OD fueled Punch before I nailed him with blue-full power red for the win.

I pulled a few LL & CL afterwards, having hit final progression in EoTS earlier, but got nothing of great excitement. Mostly champ levels, plus a 5* Black Bolt black. I was hoping for at least one bonus Dazzler drop, but no such luck. She's stuck at a pitiful four covers.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    You need to get a yellow power fired if the board is team-up tile heavy and match those team-up tiles for the red tiles they in turn generate. And if it's a struggle, you can boost the red yellow up to two to help. Your red power looks to be what's keeping you from knocking him down quickly. If you have one of the expired X-Men boosts, use that too.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    276 5/3/5, two tries. First time was a bad board, tons of black, and I almost made it anyhow, but he got a big cascade with a couple of Strikes out right before I got enough TU AP for my red to finish him. Second try I took some red/yellow and blue AP boosts, but didn't really need them as it was a good board and I was able to blast Tony off the field before taking more than match damage.
    Token was a saved Iceman cover with bonus Domino red!
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    This thread should prob be moved...nonetheless I find this one possibly the easiest Clash - get yellow/blue, match TUs/fire blue then nuke.

My Cyke is lvl 345, but the advice still stands for much smaller versions.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tried it today:

First turn, HB got blue match 4, into a red match 5 into a black match 4.

By the end of turn 4, HB had generated 20 red AP between matches, his blue matching reds, and his black.

I'll try again tomorrow.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Rod5 said:
    This thread should prob be moved...nonetheless I find this one possibly the easiest Clash - get yellow/blue, match TUs/fire blue then nuke.

My Cyke is lvl 345, but the advice still stands for much smaller versions.
    Not so easy with an undercovered Cyclops. Mine is 3/5/3, so basically weakest in offensive power. My red does 2k damage or 3.5k with 10 TU. That's not gonna win the war, i tell you.
    If i got 5 in red the damage would be around 10k with 10 TU. That makes all the difference.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    275 5/3/5 Cloppenheimer managed it on the first attempt. He hit me with one 9AP punch, but I still had 5k health left, so no immediate danger. I saved up AP until I had 10 red and 10 team-up AP, and hit him with the big one. That dropped him down to about a thousand health, and he saved me the trouble of finishing him off by casting Overdrive and finishing himself off (I guess he rage-quit)! I sat there confused for a minute until I remembered that Overdrive does self-damage.

My Reward was a Blade red, bringing him to 290, my first character to reach that level.