MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2018 Edition *Updated (11/26/18)

12345679»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I Think it may be a Classic fourstar awarded in PvE Before December 27th, so it may be an older option. We will see in a month or so.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Well, it's 7am, and yet the Shield Training is strangely absent.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    mbaren said:
    Might be wrong, but I’m not sure we tend to get SHIELD Training when there is boss event...
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Smart80 said:
    mbaren said:
    Might be wrong, but I’m not sure we tend to get SHIELD Training when there is boss event...
    We get SHIELD Training (they already announced it was coming) but it does not start until the Boss event starts, so noon eastern time. 
  • mbaren
    ... except that the Prowler post (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76247/prowler-aaron-davis-updated-11-26-18/p1) says 7am Eastern.  So.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Previously, there were some mistiming with the Shield Training too. I think it appeared together when the previous boss event rolled around. Anyway, Shield Training is available for 6 or 7 days.
  • mbaren
    Oh, I know.  I just like it when posts are accurate, and when things start when D3 says they're going to start.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 said:
    mbaren said:
    We get SHIELD Training (they already announced it was coming) but it does not start until the Boss event starts, so noon eastern time. 
    My bad
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Remember that time where, for a few shield trainings in a row, D3 used the other 40+ older 4* characters for all 3 essentials and it allowed almost everyone to compete and finish instead of one of the newest 4* and only allowing a smaller percentage a chance?

Those were the days...
  • Smart80
    MrKasady said:
    Remember that time where, for a few shield trainings in a row, D3 used the other 40+ older 4* characters for all 3 essentials and it allowed almost everyone to compete and finish instead of one of the newest 4* and only allowing a smaller percentage a chance?

Those were the days...
    Its been almost 3 months since Dazzler was released folks, if you still dont have her at 209, thats on you.......

What i would like to see changed, is teams we face in SHIELD Training. Ideally they would even be topical to the new release, like fighting all kind of Spidey teams or at least characters from the Spider-verse... Or at least something else than last time...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mbaren said:
    ... except that the Prowler post (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76247/prowler-aaron-davis-updated-11-26-18/p1) says 7am Eastern.  So.

Probably just copypasta from previous release announcements. Why write a new text when you can reuse an old one?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrKasady said:

Those were the days...

Honestly, what I really miss was more variety in the 4* featured node in PVE.  I greatly prefer their original solution to dilution (having the latest 12 4*s share a 50% pool of the drawn 4*s,) than this.  This honestly seems the worst of both worlds - we do get more covers for them, sure, but not a lot more covers for them and it makes the 4* featured node much harder for most of the player base, and irrelevant for the top of it.  I like playing my 4*s, but an undercovered lower level one contributes very little to the fight.

I mean, it works, I just champed Dazzler to 273 (bad draws,) but with the old system I was getting my 4* characters to about 300-310 before they dropped off, now I think it will be 280 or so.  300 is about the point where you would consider fielding a 4* instead of a 5*, so those extra levels are very important...

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrKasady said:

Those were the days...
    I remember when the backup characters were Prof X, Cyclops, and Wolverine, and lots of people complained because they hadn't actually champed all the old 4*s yet. That I remember.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Check out the December 2018 Sneak Peek thread HERE
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrKasady said:

Those were the days...
    I remember when the backup characters were Prof X, Cyclops, and Wolverine, and lots of people complained because they hadn't actually champed all the old 4*s yet. That I remember.
    Yep, I was one of them. I had two of the three, but had zero luck getting any Professor X covers. Still do. He was one of my last 4*s to get champed, and still one of my lowest overall 4*s. Good times, good times.