Avengers Vs. Ultron - Event Details (11/27/18)

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The boss event structure definitely needs an overhaul. If you're a 3* player and you play in cl6 in a regular event for a new release you can get all three covers for getting top 10. Well, at least you could before there was a flood of 4* and 5* players into cl6. But back when I was a 3* player in cl6 you easily could get top placement if you played optimally. If you're a 3* player and you're in a casual alliance then good luck getting any 4* covers from the boss event. I'd like to see 4* covers moved to personal progression and then the alliance rewards could be other things like hp, iso, cp and support tokens. Maybe even have rare costumes that you can only get from boss events.

I would have it based on Shield clearance level as well so at the very least you would need to play on cl6 to get 4* covers. Playing higher would net you better rewards overall and rewards would be unlocked based on the amount of boss clears and side missions that you do in the event and not points. So if you're some lazy "merc" in the current system that joins a top alliance to get the 4* covers and legendary from alliance rewards but then quits after doing a few missions then you'd be out of luck in the new system.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Adjusted Mission Rewards to reflect the correct amount
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    So at this point I guess it's safe to assume you're never going to put in SCLs to boss events? That could totally help with issues like this:
    tiomono said:
    Well not everyone has a high end alliance. It is very rare my alliance hits any 4* award in these events. I hate when new characters land on these types of events. 

I am also not the kind of player that will ditch my alliance just so I can hit personal rewards. I just find it very annoying that my shot at getting a single 4 star cover in a boss event is close to zero when I can easily earn one on my own in any new character release event that's not a boss battle alliance event.
    If his alliance could play at an SCL 4-6 and get a single 4* cover that would be better but not rob higher level alliances from getting the easy 3.

Also you could make SCL9 offer more than 3 to help with ultra high level player problem of boss events offering fewer than they would normally get.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Advice required.
    My Black Widow's at 9 covers (5/2/2), Hawkeye's at 8 (4/1/3) and Iron Man's at 6 (2/2/2)
    Is it worth pouring ISO into any of them to help out in the event? 5*s are not boosted nearly as much here as PvE (which baffles and annoys me) so I'm wondering if I should even bother for now =/
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    *Adjusted Mission Rewards to reflect the correct amount
    It was fine how it was at 1k iso.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Advice required.
    My Black Widow's at 9 covers (5/2/2), Hawkeye's at 8 (4/1/3) and Iron Man's at 6 (2/2/2)
    Is it worth pouring ISO into any of them to help out in the event? 5*s are not boosted nearly as much here as PvE (which baffles and annoys me) so I'm wondering if I should even bother for now =/
    Black Widow's purple will be very handy in this event, as it gets rid of 3 countdown and/or enemy special tiles with it, and hits like a truck.  I'm using her a lot more on my 5-star team with Thor and Strange.  Her purple can be used offensively, unlike Strange.  All of her abilities do at least 10K damage, so even though they're expensive they hit like a truck.  Not knowing what your roster is, I would say that it's worth putting some ISO into Widow.

That being said, 5-stars are usually only boosted about 10-15 levels.  If you can champ a boosted 4-star instead of putting her up 10-15 levels, that might be your better option.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Advice required.
    Black Widow's purple will be very handy in this event, as it gets rid of 3 countdown and/or enemy special tiles with it, and hits like a truck.  I'm using her a lot more on my 5-star team with Thor and Strange.  Her purple can be used offensively, unlike Strange.  All of her abilities do at least 10K damage, so even though they're expensive they hit like a truck.  Not knowing what your roster is, I would say that it's worth putting some ISO into Widow.

That being said, 5-stars are usually only boosted about 10-15 levels.  If you can champ a boosted 4-star instead of putting her up 10-15 levels, that might be your better option.
    I was of a mind to stuff my ISO into her just because I like the character and I have 800,000ISO and nothing to do with it.

But this does suggest it would be a good idea. I've not really used her since she was released, so I don't really know what she does. I'll do it then.

BTW my roster's in my sig =P
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Advice required.

I was of a mind to stuff my ISO into her just because I like the character and I have 800,000ISO and nothing to do with it.

But this does suggest it would be a good idea. I've not really used her since she was released, so I don't really know what she does. I'll do it then.

BTW my roster's in my sig =P
    *checks roster in sig*

Ummm...yeah.  That part I said about champing a boosted 4-star?  Scratch that.  Just Thorkoye your way through this bad boy, and you'll be fine.  :p

But seriously, I think Widow is underrated for PvE.  I've said before that her closest equivalent in 4-star realm is Kate Bishop - A slow character who has three abilities that each hit for massive damage.  She's one of my five champed 5-stars, and I've been using her more and more in place of OML as the black AP user on my Strange/Thor team.  Her purple can be a huge lifesaver; it's knocked out quite a few Meteor Hammers so far this event that would have hit me for 30-40K damage, and it's a Shuriken nullifier as well.  They cast it, I cast purple, and the tiles go away.  But thanks for saving me 3 purple AP!

I have her at 5/3/5, if only because I still like Thor's red better.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    *checks roster in sig*

Ummm...yeah.  That part I said about champing a boosted 4-star?  Scratch that.  Just Thorkoye your way through this bad boy, and you'll be fine.  :p
    Can’t Thorkoye Ultron. That just drops bombs faster. Medukoye, on the other hand, can build damage per turn from Entanglement pretty fast. Thorkoye the side missions for sure though.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    go dd/okoye/xfdp

let dd or okoye eat the bombs and xfdp kill Ultron
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems a shame that the 5E characters weren't updated with the newer Avengers released on the boost list - Thor and Infini-Cap.

Not that it will stop anyone using Thor but Infini-Cap is missing his time to shine! Punching bosses is what he is good at! I see Widow got her way, the sly sneak that she is! What does poor Cap have to do? He deserves to punch things too!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ursopro said:
    go dd/okoye/xfdp

let dd or okoye eat the bombs and xfdp kill Ultron

Just keep in mind that Ultron cannot be Stunned, so you won't be able to use DD's Purple unless there are enemy special tiles on the board. That question tends to be asked when there's a boss event...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just used thor okoye last time and will again, sure the bombs drop quicker but it’s over fast anyway and okoye can catch any damage.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I probably should know this, but when does it start, it doesn't say. 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    I probably should know this, but when does it start, it doesn't say. 
    12pm est
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    It always feels like its a long time between fighting the same bosses again for me, so I tend to forget what teams worked effectively against them. I'm not quite sure what to do with that boosted list when Rds 7-8 start. My initial inclination is to pair either CM4 or Hulkbuster with C&D to battery black, but I don't recall if there were other teams that worked better. Someone with targeted board destruction/shake like Cho, Hood, 4-clops could be helpful, but random board destruction/shake like America, Thing, or ME Hulk could easily backfire and send a bomb to the bottom. What teams are people gonna use? 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Vulture's blue remove Ulties bombs?
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    My gut feeling says no, I feel like it'd be too easy of a hack for a boss, like stuns. But then again, my memory seems to want to convince me that I've witnessed it work before. 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Does Vulture's blue remove Ulties bombs?
    no it doesn't