Avengers Vs. Ultron - Event Details (11/27/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the event details for the upcoming Avengers Vs. Ultron Alliance event!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well not everyone has a high end alliance. It is very rare my alliance hits any 4* award in these events. I hate when new characters land on these types of events. 

I am also not the kind of player that will ditch my alliance just so I can hit personal rewards. I just find it very annoying that my shot at getting a single 4 star cover in a boss event is close to zero when I can easily earn one on my own in any new character release event that's not a boss battle alliance event.
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited November 2018
    tiomono said:
    Well not everyone has a high end alliance. It is very rare my alliance hits any 4* award in these events. I hate when new characters land on these types of events. 
    If you and one other person get max progression (1.2 million) the alliance gets a cover, if I’m reading this correctly. That doesn’t seem like a huge bar to climb even for a more casual alliance. Kudos though for the loyalty to the alliance you’re in.

I enjoy the fact that almost all boss events IM40, AKA battery man, is boosted. It’s almost like the developers are trying to help everyone accelerate combos against bosses.

Does anyone know if Deadpool’s “Countdown for What?” Tiles deal damage if they fall on the bottom row and Ultron destroys them?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I prefer new 4* to debut in PvE, rather than Boss event. However, there are other players who prefer new 4* to debut in boss event. From an "altruistic" point of view, the devs are being fair to both sides, by alternating between PvE and Boss event to get new 4* covers.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I always enjoy boss events. Time to put on my recruiter's hat once again...
  • Bugeyed
    Bugeyed Posts: 51 Match Maker
    tiomono said:
    If you and one other person get max progression (1.2 million) the alliance gets a cover, if I’m reading this correctly. That doesn’t seem like a huge bar to climb even for a more casual alliance. Kudos though for the loyalty to the alliance you’re in.

I enjoy the fact that almost all boss events IM40, AKA battery man, is boosted. It’s almost like the developers are trying to help everyone accelerate combos against bosses.

Does anyone know if Deadpool’s “Countdown for What?” Tiles deal damage if they fall on the bottom row and Ultron destroys them?
    Not quite. They need 3 to get personal max presuming you are just counting their scores as if the rest don’t score at all. Each alliance award total is from zero per round, so just over 3.2 million points will get the first award. 11.04 million will get all 3 covers so they just need half the alliance to max. If their alliance isn’t doing that, then they have to consider whether their alliance is also playing for them as realistically if the whole alliance just make 600k each, it would be the same
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Wake me up when we finally get the CP from a 3 day event folded into personal prog rewards.

I appreciate the LT for zero work, but why do we have to miss out on the CP we get in any other PVE event?

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2018
    Bowgentle said:

Wake me up when we finally get the CP from a 3 day event folded into personal prog rewards.

I appreciate the LT for zero work, but why do we have to miss out on the CP we get in any other PVE event?

Not sure what your scl gives you in cp, mine in scl7 gives me 8+22 cp throughout the whole progression.
    Lt = 25 cp, so for that "zero work" im really not sure what you are complaining about really... You're not missing out, just getting it in a different form.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

Not sure what your scl gives you in cp, mine in scl7 gives me 8+22 cp throughout the whole progression.
    Lt = 25 cp, so for that "zero work" im really not sure what you are complaining about really... You're not missing out, just getting it in a different form.

CL9 T5/10 players are definitely missing out on CP.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:

The scaling goes out of control for weaker rosters the longer the event goes. They could still beat the boss but the side missions are too tough to clear. So they cannot make max progression.
  • MoonKnight
    tiomono said:

The scaling goes out of control for weaker rosters the longer the event goes. They could still beat the boss but the side missions are too tough to clear. So they cannot make max progression.
    As someone mentioned above, you only need around 3 million to get the first cover. That’s only 150k per alliance member, which shouldn’t be a large hill to climb with the amount of boosted characters on the list I would think. I’ve only been playing around 6 months (granted a pretty involved 6 months of an hour or so a day) and I have hit max progression the last 2 boss events with dedicated play. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:

They do indeed!

Just don't make the same mistake I did once and play De4dpool and 5* Hawkeye against Ultron.

Deadpool makes Countdown for What...

Hawkeye fortifies the countdowns... so far so good...

Ultron removes bottom row, removing fortifications from countdowns there but not triggering the damage and leaving the countdown in Place.

Hawkeye fortifies the countdown again, and the cycle continues...

It did work to some extent since the fortified countdowns at least stopped bombs in that column from reaching the bottom. However, when the countdown expired the tile would vanish and the bombs would drop...

Ha! That must have driven you mad. And uh-oh, 5* Hawkeye is boosted...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:

They do indeed!

Just don't make the same mistake I did once and play De4dpool and 5* Hawkeye against Ultron.

Ultron removes bottom row, removing fortifications from countdowns there but not triggering the damage and leaving the countdown in Place.

It did work to some extent since the fortified countdowns at least stopped bombs in that column from reaching the bottom. However, when the countdown expired the tile would vanish and the bombs would drop...

Ha! That must have driven you mad. And uh-oh, 5* Hawkeye is boosted...

Fortunately it was still early in the event and 5* match damage was enough to win the round.
  • MoonKnight
    edited November 2018
    Quebbster said:

This would also apply to Deadpool’s Chimichanga if you have it leveled up I would guess. I guess Mr. Deadpool will stay hungry for his fights with Ultron...
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    tiomono said:

I am also not the kind of player that will ditch my alliance just so I can hit personal rewards. I just find it very annoying that my shot at getting a single 4 star cover in a boss event is close to zero when I can easily earn one on my own in any new character release event that's not a boss battle alliance event.

There gets to be a point where you will need to make a tough decision regarding your alliance. I spent way too long in an alli with lots of great people, but they just couldn't progress at the same level. We tried to recruit some bigger rosters and that worked for a bit, even opening a 2nd alliance with the structure of one being competitive and one more casual for the split. Overall, your people should also want you to succeed as much as you would like them to. Therefore, they will understand if you have to move up to a new alliance eventually. Not your fault or theirs.
    How many more Boss events until your alliance is able to get all 3 covers? That's just too long man!
    @tiomono

Separately, Ultron is a fun boss. He's usually pretty easy but sometimes you'll can get a teammate blown to pieces. Okoye's red can be good to destroy a specific row, but of course that drops everything down by 1 as well. 
    Looking forward to the Prowler covers and the 2x LT! 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:
    If you and one other person get max progression (1.2 million) the alliance gets a cover, if I’m reading this correctly. That doesn’t seem like a huge bar to climb even for a more casual alliance.

Also to note that getting max prog. individually can be prohibitively difficult without alliance progression.  You need multiple people hitting the boss to progress the boss to the higher levels to get the points to hit max prog individually.

It's a problem/blessing depending on your alliance.  Got a strong alliance, makes hitting the individual prog that much easier.  Weak alliance, you're stuck missing out on personal and alliance prog.