Display all 6 cards in hand on screen at once

Options
starfall
starfall Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
Can I start by saying I love the new graveyard viewer in 3.0? It's really good to see solid improvements to the game's UI which traditionally has been somewhat variable in quality.

One minor thing I don't like about it is that I have difficulty selecting the 5th card in my hand now, so I have to scroll more.

Could you shrink the cards in hand a little so that you can fit all 6 on screen, removing the need to scroll altogether?

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given different screen sizes this might be an issue... Not sure.

There are a LOT of times when the card list won't scroll though, or cards aren't allowed to move for some reason, so you can't change order. (I know that's deliberate in the tutorials although it shouldn't always be, but this is in normal games).
    Sometimes I can't scroll, I can't move the top cards down (you can select them but they won't move) but you _can_ grab a lower card and move it up above the one that won't move. It's extremely weird and confusing but also unpredictable, you can't make it happen on purpose so you can test it.

But, yes, this leads to you being unable to see the 6th card sometimes.
  • ShaarkBiite
    ShaarkBiite Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2018
    Options
    starfall said:
    Kinesia said:
    Given different screen sizes this might be an issue... Not sure.
    Currently most of the space taken up by cards in hand is the arftwork, and that could be cut down.

Alternatively, the cards could be displayed in a 3x2 grid.
    If the artwork were trimmed by half, I bet most of a full hand would fit most screens. And we all know that if we want to bask in the artwork, we just have to click on it 🤣.

I agree that a 3x2 grid would likely allow you to see all the cards, but it might be more confusing as to their order... Is it column one then column two? Or top row, second row, third row?

It seems that, after this update, I am having more difficulty discerning if the cards I am looking at are at the top or the bottom of the 6 in my hand.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The surveil box is also a little ambiguous on library with it's 2x2 grid.