Did they just drop the lightning rounds early?

Thought first round started at 18:00GMT 

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daylight Savings Time now here in the US
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    And in the UK
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, DST is nice and all but they are an hour early compared to last week when the DST was already enacted. I was surprised last week when they were on 'normal time' (odd hours start in CET)... but seeing them appear on the even hours now makes very little sense. FYI DST in CET was set a week before North America.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this the new time or does it change back next week? I can never remember.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Should change back next week - there's usually this odd week when they forget about the change!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's definitely weird.  I was expecting this last week since DST was 11/4 in the US.  But, when I saw the odd hr lightning rounds, I thought they finally figured it out... oh well... should be back to odd hrs next week...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    Can we get official word if this is the new normal time for lightning rounds?  This is the second week in a row it's starting on even hours instead of odd.  Thanks.
  • StevO-J
    edited November 2018
    So... Lightning Rounds are starting on the even hours again this week I just noticed. In the CET time zone this is unusual as they used to start on the uneven hours.

@Brigby, are you able to tell if this is a permanent change or if this will be changed when possible and it's just an oversight? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Darn... Waddles beat me to it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Waddles_Pines @StevO-J Hmm good question. I'll ping the team, and update everyone once I get an answer.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    This happens every year, LRs do not observe DST
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I thought this would be an easy question to answer.
    Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
  • Daredevil217
    I guess we're back to normal?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the team and it would appear that 1pm EST is supposed to be the correct time for Lightning Rounds to begin. This was still the case with the LR right after Daylight Savings, however it would appear that an unexpected error has occurred with the other rounds. The team will be sure to plan around this next time. Thank you for understanding!
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    The team's plans < reality.

C'mon guys, figure this stuff out, pls.
  • Daredevil217
    1 Eastern is 10 Pacific (my time).  I just logged on to catch some seed teams and found that there are 30 minutes left in the round.  Did I miss something?
  • StevO-J
    So.... new feature, alternating start times each week on LR's?  ;)
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Started an hour early again (5pm GMT instead of 6pm GMT).
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    1 Eastern is 10 Pacific (my time).  I just logged on to catch some seed teams and found that there are 30 minutes left in the round.  Did I miss something?
    You didn't miss anything, the guy who has to push the LR button has still not changed his clock to winter time, so they started an hour early... again. Guess it's a different guy from last week?

So we had 2 early weeks, 1 correct week and now another early week, bringing us to a grand total of 1 week in 4! Sorry D3/Demiurge, I still enjoy your game, but I really can't put any money in it if you can't even get these simple things right.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    I used to think LRs were these random occurances, that just popped up whenever..... This thread is doing very little to dispel that ;)
  • Daredevil217
    I used to think LRs were these random occurances, that just popped up whenever..... This thread is doing very little to dispel that ;)
    Well, I guess like real lightning, they can strike at any time!