MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2018 Edition *Updated (11/26/18)

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigND said:
    It seems that the next pve should be the boss event. Is there any way to predict wich one will it be? Or maybe there is a list of previous boss events somewhere?

Thank you.
    If you're basing this on the accidental change to SHIELD Training, it could be two weeks further out.  With Domino and Bishop, we'd expect the next character release to be a 5*.  And 5* character releases don't have SHIELD Training.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    And yet, Ball Blast ads for MPQ are advertising a certain (accidentally) previewed character.   And boss releases for 4’s were a thing earlier this year (3 of them, I think).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    BigND said:
    It seems that the next pve should be the boss event. Is there any way to predict wich one will it be? Or maybe there is a list of previous boss events somewhere?

Thank you.
    If you're basing this on the accidental change to SHIELD Training, it could be two weeks further out.  With Domino and Bishop, we'd expect the next character release to be a 5*.  And 5* character releases don't have SHIELD Training.

There's been speculation that there may be Three fourstar releases in a row since there was only one fourstar released between Kitty and Cable. Guess we will see in due time. It's not without precedent as it has happened once Before, but there has been plenty of times when it didn't happen.

Don't know about any indication the next PvE is a boss battle though. Another thing we will see in due time.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Kahmon said:

Lets just hope they toss us Crash the Mad Titan during Christmas week this year.

Oh man, fingers crossed!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Kahmon said:

Lets just hope they toss us Crash the Mad Titan during Christmas week this year.

Oh man, fingers crossed!
    You'll get X days of Christmas again.

They didn't even run that Crash for anniversary, which most likely means you'll never see it again.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:
    BigND said:

Thank you.

There's been speculation that there may be Three fourstar releases in a row since there was only one fourstar released between Kitty and Cable. Guess we will see in due time. It's not without precedent as it has happened once Before, but there has been plenty of times when it didn't happen.

Don't know about any indication the next PvE is a boss battle though. Another thing we will see in due time.

The last time we had three 4* releases in a row was a year ago July and August (5* Spider-Man, Vulture, Mockingbird, Yondu, 5* Daredevil.)  That did immediately follow a 1 4* (5* Doc Ock, Sandman, Spider-Man.)  We have since had two 1 4* releases (Gambit, Nightcrawler, Thor and LumberCap, 4* BW, Okoye,) without a corresponding extra 4*.

I strongly suspect they're going to do the 4* next.  While it's possible they updated the game with both the next 4* and 5*, Voldemort (as they're referring to the 4* character in another thread - "He Who Must Not Be Named") fits the clue.

As far as what his release event is... well, the SHIELD Training did award tokens for another event, but I'm not going to say as I don't want this post to get deleted.  We'll get that information in a day or two anyway...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smash Hit! Danvers, Rogue: Get warmed up!
    "Suicide is painless" 😀
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(11/26/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, Weekly Buffs, and added info on 4-Star Prowler.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Dazzler as essential in Shield Training ... :(
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    I'm one cover away from her being level 209. The leak last week helped me get her as my only bonus 4-star and I've drawn two bonus heroes since then that got her to within the progression reward for the boss event this weekend.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Funny, I don't remember Ultron at Thanksgiving dinner.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Everyone is free to play the game the way they want, but may I offer a suggestion? 

To me, it's evident this will be the pattern D3 will be using for the foreseeable future. So for me, my priority is to get any new 4* to 209 as quickly as I can. That means setting them as my sole 4* BH as soon as they enter tokens. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a wild prediction that Domino will be required at 209 for the next S.H.I.E.L.D Training.

We should be getting a 5* after Prowler, so it should be a little while before we have the next 4* and S.H.I.E.L.D Training. If Domino isn't already your sole 4* BH, I'd strongly recommend you make that the case until she gets 10 covers. Then Bishop. Then Prowler. And so on. 

If D3 decides to change their minds again and feature only older 4*s, well then great. But there's no indication of that happening, so barring that, it's up to you to decide best how to prepare your roster. 

But don't be surprised when one of the next requireds is Domino. The only way I'll be surprised is if they *don't* require Domino. 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    DarthDeVo said:
    Dogface said:
    Everyone is free to play the game the way they want, but may I offer a suggestion? 

To me, it's evident this will be the pattern D3 will be using for the foreseeable future. So for me, my priority is to get any new 4* to 209 as quickly as I can. That means setting them as my sole 4* BH as soon as they enter tokens. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a wild prediction that Domino will be required at 209 for the next S.H.I.E.L.D Training.

We should be getting a 5* after Prowler, so it should be a little while before we have the next 4* and S.H.I.E.L.D Training. If Domino isn't already your sole 4* BH, I'd strongly recommend you make that the case until she gets 10 covers. Then Bishop. Then Prowler. And so on. 

If D3 decides to change their minds again and feature only older 4*s, well then great. But there's no indication of that happening, so barring that, it's up to you to decide best how to prepare your roster. 

But don't be surprised when one of the next requireds is Domino. The only way I'll be surprised is if they *don't* require Domino.

I would think the NEXT Shield Training will require Nebula, not Domino. Nebula + two older characters. Domino might be up after that, though.

Or am I wrong? Was Nebula before or after Dazzler? I thought she was after, but I might be wrong. Was there a Training with Nebula yet (I got thrown off when they did Emma twice)?

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    NotBAMF said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Dogface said:

I would think the NEXT Shield Training will require Nebula, not Domino. Nebula + two older characters. Domino might be up after that, though.

Or am I wrong? Was Nebula before or after Dazzler? I thought she was after, but I might be wrong. Was there a Training with Nebula yet (I got thrown off when they did Emma twice)?

Here is the release order of the last few 4*s and the Sheild Training they were required in: (credit to to @Daredevil217 post here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70293/list-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-training-essentials/p1)
    • Spider-Man (Infinity War) #15
    • Wiccan (Billy Kaplan)
    • Ghost (Quantum Thief)
    • Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men) #18, #20
    • Nebula (Infinity War)
    • Dazzler (Classic) #19, #21
    • Taskmaster (Tony Masters)
    • Domino (X-Force)
    • Bishop (Classic)
    Why are Emma and Dazzler being required twice when all those others around them haven't been required once?
  • DarthDeVo
    Ah, perhaps it will be Nebula. I didn't realize she hadn't been used yet.

At any rate, I still strongly suggest getting any newer 4* to 10 covers as quickly as you can. Really, that goes for any 4* on your roster. That way, no matter who they pick, you'll be ready for S.H.I.E.L.D Training. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on the above data, Wiccan, Ghost and Nebula have been skipped for Shield Training but Emma and Dazzler have been featured twice already. 

The next shield training after Prowler's will likely happen on 27th December. It could likely be either Bishop or Prowler.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I Think Emma and Dazzler have been featured because they were placement Awards in the PvE immediately Before the new release, giving people a chance to cover them. Guess Nebula just had poor timing with her essential runs.

They seem to be running the "Three latest, two Classic" pattern for fourstar Essentials to right now, so I assume Domino will take Emma's spot from now on, and when Bishop and Prowler enter the token pool they will take the Place of Nebula and Dazzler.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    We can't really complain about Dazzler after all those forum jokes...it's karma.
  • DarthDeVo
    Based on the above data, Wiccan, Ghost and Nebula have been skipped for Shield Training but Emma and Dazzler have been featured twice already. 

The next shield training after Prowler's will likely happen on 27th December. It could likely be either Bishop or Prowler.
    I'm expecting Domino, personally. Already have her up to 209. I'll set Bishop and maybe Prowler as my BH once they're in tokens. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I skipped Domino unknowningly. It should be Domino or Bishop. Time to prep for this.