No More Dazzler!!! PLEASE!!!

I see that there is another event starting soon, which is normal within the game. But yet again, the top prize is Dazzler. This like the upteenth time this has happened!!! Will you please quit shoving her down out throats?! Not all of us are fond of this character.

May I suggest on certain rotating events, that you allow the players choose what character covers to choose from. My guess is, that you have 4 star covers available as the top prize in higher levels. Then 3 stars for mid levels, and 2 stars for lower levels. Please, give us more options when it comes to these rewards. If not choosing which ever one we want (on each tier) from the vast amount of covers in the selection, then give us a choice of say 5 or 10 on each tier. And make them different each event. The same ones over and over and over is getting rather tedious, making the game boring.

Either do that, or just offer Task Master with every event. Since its essentially the same thing, with his power. :P 

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heresy.  Burn the heretic!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd rather have Dazzler than Emma Frost or Nebula. Dazzler is pretty good, it's nice to have a cheap AoE attack for the yellow node.

In all seriousness, it seems like the fourstar Essentials (and corresponding rewards) now follow a pattern similar to the fivestar Essentials where they do the Three latest fourstars and then two older ones. Since Taskmaster was a limited release we have been getting extra doses of Emma Frost, Nebula and Dazzler, but now that Domino is available in tokens she should take Emma's Place, and eventually Bishop and the next fourstar will take Nebula's and Dazzler's Place in the cycle.

I Think it's a way to counter token dilution - make the new releases more available to Active players.

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    This has been mentioned elsewhere, but it seems like they are doing a cycle similar to the required 5*s. where they go through the 3 latest 4*s and some others. So we should soon see Domino and then Bishop cycle through as well as Emma and Nebula drop off (in fact this is probably the last one with Nebula for a bit). We'll likely have on more Dazzler before the new 4* <redacted> is out.
  • Quebbster
    Loosie said:
    This has been mentioned elsewhere, but it seems like they are doing a cycle similar to the required 5*s. where they go through the 3 latest 4*s and some others. So we should soon see Domino and then Bishop cycle through as well as Emma and Nebula drop off (in fact this is probably the last one with Nebula for a bit). We'll likely have on more Dazzler before the new 4* <redacted> is out.

Bishop did not enter tokens yet, so we may still see Nebula until next season starts. We will see I guess.
  • Fawkes2574
    Fawkes2574 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    So basically what you're saying is, really really old ones (3 stars, and some 4 stars) that were released towards the end of the game likely won't come out again and are essentially retired?
  • Quebbster
    So basically what you're saying is, really really old ones (3 stars, and some 4 stars) that were released towards the end of the game likely won't come out again and are essentially retired?

Not at all. They won't be awarded or essential in Story Mode very often though. Versus mode Awards fourstar covers in alphabetical order though so you can still get covers for older fourstars there.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    By making the newest 4*s the Essential character that gives the greatest number of players the greatest opportunity to fully cover them, or at least get them to 10 covers and thus level 209, in time to use them to get the extra cover during the next 4*'s S.H.I.E.L.D. Training event. Because one of the newest 4*s is always going to be one of the three Essentials.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am pretty sure this was even said back when the odds went flat - there were a whole raft of de-centralized places that were supposed to be giving out more 4*s generally to make up the difference from having improved odds on the Latest 12 go away.
  • Fawkes2574
    Fawkes2574 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Quebbster said:

Not at all. They won't be awarded or essential in Story Mode very often though. Versus mode Awards fourstar covers in alphabetical order though so you can still get covers for older fourstars there.

*face palm*

I meant to say the beginning of the game. Such as characters like Nick Fury and others.