Bishop (Classic) (11/13/18)

12346»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you run C4ge/Fist/Bishop it may be worth it - turn that blue into strikes instead
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate fighting this character. I thought Rogue was bad, but failing to knock him down early enough means you just get stunned for ages.

It's terrible being in 5* land for this PvP, I can't hit him without giving him AP and getting damaged, which my Bishop then tanks and does damage back, giving him more blue and sending more damage my way.

I swear his red is either mis-described or broken. It suggests he only jumps in front and absorbs damage when his team mates are attacked, but he'll tank if he's in front or not and after enough damage he does damage to you. This character is broken as hell in this fight. He'll only get worse when champed.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

I swear his red is either mis-described or broken. It suggests he only jumps in front and absorbs damage when his team mates are attacked, but he'll tank if he's in front or not and after enough damage he does damage to you. This character is broken as hell in this fight. He'll only get worse when champed.
    He only jumps in front if someone else gets hit, but he absorbs the energy from any damage he takes. It's not written as clearly as it could be, but the two parts of the power are two separate sentences.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Definitely saw a lot more Thanoses in PvP than usual, frequently with Panther too. Considering how difficult it could be to keep Bishop alive, I am not surprised.

I can see a high level Bishop being a pain to deal with as even a loaner Bishop was usually able to use his blue Power Before dying. With more HP and a lower absorption threshhold he could be a real pain to deal with. Could be fun to pair with 5* Daredevil and G4mora.

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    As for the character himself, I can't really look at him the same way after the Messiah War story, and his subsequent appearances in the Cable solo series.  He was essentially a mad man travelling through time trying to murder a baby.  He also wouldn't think twice about committing genocide, rationalising that once he'd changed history everyone would be alive again.
    So not unlike Kaecilius, who IS a villain.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:

Definitely saw a lot more Thanoses in PvP than usual, frequently with Panther too. Considering how difficult it could be to keep Bishop alive, I am not surprised.

I can see a high level Bishop being a pain to deal with as even a loaner Bishop was usually able to use his blue Power Before dying. With more HP and a lower absorption threshhold he could be a real pain to deal with. Could be fun to pair with 5* Daredevil and G4mora.

I made the mistake of fighting a Thanos team early on. Usually he's not too bad until his purple stalls my Black Bolt and JJ, but his passive is guaranteed to go off in these matches. This is an odd event. I'm actually more variety of teams (not too much mind you, but more so than most). And now that I am, I'm more thankful for Thor/Okoye teams as they're more predictable.
    I hate fighting this character. I thought Rogue was bad, but failing to knock him down early enough means you just get stunned for ages.

It's terrible being in 5* land for this PvP, I can't hit him without giving him AP and getting damaged, which my Bishop then tanks and does damage back, giving him more blue and sending more damage my way.
    My strategy was to either hope for one match-4 to limit the blue or enough matches to give him blue to use his stun. If the team had 10 blue, Bishop shot off his (usually) 1 turn stun and often at my Bishop. No harm, no foul. But if he ended up with 8 MrF's stun was much more annoying. And it gave him protect tiles for more blue.

For the character himself, I kind of like him. He's annoying and I really don't want to deal with a champed one, but I'd like to use one. I noticed his yellow can take out countdown tiles. Makes me want to try a Bishop/Vulture/Sandman team against some goons for giggles.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:

For the character himself, I kind of like him. He's annoying and I really don't want to deal with a champed one, but I'd like to use one. I noticed his yellow can take out countdown tiles. Makes me want to try a Bishop/Vulture/Sandman team against some goons for giggles.
    Yeah it says it converts any enemy Special tile, which also includes Invisibility and Repeater tiles (both by the official definition and by personal observation)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:

I was running C4rol for a good chunk of that event, and I kept forgetting about that and firing her black before Bishop was stunlocked/downed. Very annoying.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    jamesh said:
    As for the character himself, I can't really look at him the same way after the Messiah War story, and his subsequent appearances in the Cable solo series.  He was essentially a mad man travelling through time trying to murder a baby.  He also wouldn't think twice about committing genocide, rationalising that once he'd changed history everyone would be alive again.
    So not unlike Kaecilius, who IS a villain.
    I'm not so surprised at a villain character doing horrible things.  But this is a hero character who does all these things and  then future writers just decide that memory alteration makes it all okay.