New Feature: Costumes! *Updated (11/26/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2018 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone,

It's a big moment when a hero or villain changes their costume. It represents a turning point for that character - Peter Parker throws his Spider-Man costume in the trash, Daredevil appears for the first time in his red suit on the rooftops above Hell's Kitchen, Carol Danvers takes a new look when she finally embraces the mantle of Captain Marvel.

Their new look tells you these characters are larger than life, and we want to let you have that kind of moment in Marvel Puzzle Quest too!

On November 26th, we'll be debuting Costumes in Marvel Puzzle Quest. Costumes let you change the way your characters look without changing their powers or stats.

Costumes are rare and special - most Costumes will only be available for a limited period of time or only to players who reach particular achievements in the game.

We're excited to announce the first Costumes that you'll be able to get on November 26th!

Lady Deadpool

First, we heard you liked Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!), so we made a Deadpool Costume for your Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!). That's right, Lady Deadpool.

If you become a VIP between November 26th and January 3rd, or renew an existing VIP membership, you'll get this Costume.

No Normal

Next up is "No Normal" Kamala Khan. Her "No Normal" Costume, from the comics arc of the same name, will be available in a Heroes for Hire bundle offer running from November 26th to December 2nd.

Bundle Details
  • No Normal Costume
  • 2,100 Hero Points
  • 3x Kamala Khan Covers (One of each ability)
  • Cost: $14.99 USD (Converted to your region's currency and/or platform)

Tender But Tough

And last, but not least, Luke Cage (Power Man)'s "Tender But Tough" Costume, from Power Man and Iron Fist #7, will be available in the Tender But Tough Vault until November 29th.

Vault Details
  • 1x Tender But Tough Costume
  • 1x Luke Cage (Power Man) Black Cover
  • 2x Beginner Support Tokens
  • 5x Random 3-Star Covers
  • 3x Heroic Tokens
  • 5x Elite Tokens
  • 1x 5,000 Iso-8
  • 3x 2,500 Iso-8
  • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
  • 2x 4,000 Red Iso-8
  • 12x Random 2-Star Covers

Q & A:

What do Costumes do?
  • Costumes change how a character looks, including their animations in battle.
  • Once equipped, the Costume is shown wherever the character is displayed, including to other players in Versus.
  • Costumes don’t change stats or powers.
What Costumes are available at launch?
  • Lady Deadpool for Deadpool (It’s Me, Deadpool!)
  • No Normal for Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
  • Tender but Tough for Luke Cage (Power Man)
Can I equip the Lady Deadpool costume to 4-Star Deadpool, or the Tender but Tough costume to 3-Star Luke Cage?
  • No, Costumes are designed for a specific version of a character.
What happens if I get a Costume and I don’t have the character that can wear it?
  • You’ll be able to keep that Costume until you find the character that can wear it.
What happens if I have more than one copy of a character? Do I need to find multiple Costumes?
  • No - once you get a Costume, you can use it on any copies of the character you have.
How do I get Costumes?
  • Lady Deadpool is a VIP reward for players who purchase or renew VIP any time between November 26th and January 3rd.
    • The Costume replaces the 1000 Iso-8 day 1 reward (and that 1000 Iso-8 is spread out to increase other Iso-8 rewards).
  • No Normal will be available in a Heroes for Hire offer until December 2nd.
  • Tender but Tough will be available in the Tender but Tough Vault until November 29th.
  • Future Costumes will be announced in-game when they are available.
How do you equip Costumes?
  • You can change what Costume a character is wearing in the character details screens, following their power details and before their bio.
What happens if you receive a costume you already have?
  • Duplicate Costumes break down into Hero Points. Lady Deadpool and No Normal become 500 Hero Points and Tender But Tough becomes 1,000 Hero Points.
We hope you enjoy these Costumes! Let us know what you'd like to see next!

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Are those costumes visible to your opponent when you're battled in PVP?  Or are they something just you can see?

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, you're selling JPEG's that change nothing about stats or skills.  

Eh, I suppose it is better than some pay to win scenario, but still, not interested.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker

Are those costumes visible to your opponent when you're battled in PVP?  Or are they something just you can see?

Per Brigby - Others players will see your Costume in Versus battles, and vice versa
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added Q&A section for further info
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2018
    personally, i don't find this very interesting... it's not bad, and i can see how some people might enjoy it, but i am not one of them.
    i would much rather time and resources be dedicated to things the community has been asking for for ages (favorite teams, favorite team-ups....  anything that would save me clicking 30 times to get to 3* thanos / mbw in the team up screen 5 times per day).
    also, it really DOES smell like this was meant for halloween but didn't happen then for some reason.

edit after reading on a few pages: these should totally end up being for sale straight up. 1.99 for a skin f a character you like/use could sell like hotcakes.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will there be any other method introduced later to receive these costumes besides ones described above?

• barrok
    barrok Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Y'all going to be so jelly of my alternate Barbie doll costumes.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I for one am a fan! Especially of the first two.