PvE Character recommendations

Blaze10017
Blaze10017 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
I've been doing shield lv 8 but I've been using up a lot of health packs and struggling to max out points so I ask who do players use to be efficient with points and health packs? My current team is 3 star sw and strange both champed and 4 star devil dino also champed.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hard to make recommendations without knowing more about your roster, but it sounds to me like you may be in too high of a SHIELD Clearance Level. There isn't much of a prize difference between SCL 7 & 8, so you may want to drop down to 7.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, if you're leaning on 3* as your main team, you should drop down to SCL7. I'm solidly in 4* land, and I usually play SCL7 because the rewards in 8 just aren't enough better to justify the extra effort.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Demiurge setup the SCLs this way: 3* rosters can handle SCL 7 just fine.  4* rosters can handle SCL 8 and 5* rosters can handle SCL 9.  Now, a 3* roster can play SCL 8, but it will be significantly more difficult, thus taking more time and health packs.  A 4* roster can play SCL 7, which makes it a breeze, meaning very quick wins.  I definitely recommend playing SCL 7, but when you get some good 4* champs, then make a choice: do you want your PVE grind to be faster, or do you want your PVE rewards to be a little better for the same amount of time?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Knowing about the rest of your roster would really help make some recommendations. If you are just looking for strong goon teams at the 3* tier, there are some pretty good options.

If you want to clear things quickly, you need a strong Thanos at either tier he appears. Some things to note about the two though: Both benefit offensively from strikes, neither Court Death can be defended against otuside of some niche characters. Thano5's court death has a stun component that keeps it from benefiting from Wakanda Forever!, but has the advantage of negating most of the passive defenses that exist against it. Somebody with a true heal like 3* Rocket & Groot, Patch, and Dak3n would be decent partners here

Some all 3* teams you could use if you're struggling to complete nodes at all:

Cag3/Fist go awesome together with a ton of characters. Use Falcon as a 3rd if you want to buff tiles like crazy. Use Switch if you want to lean on Fist's cheap purple

IM40/Patch/Strang3 - use Recharge for green, blue, and red so you can throw out mega-strikes with patch and then do all kinds of boosted chip damage with Strang3 until somebody dies. Make sure there are enough greens on the board for Berserker Rage to do more good than harm though

Hawk3y3/Patch/3lektra - Patch floods the board with enemy and friendly strikes, Hawk3y3 gains blue and purple AP whenever you match them (and can create his own with a true-heal on black), and 3lektra can steal them back with the purple he generates. She can also dodge damage on black, so you have 2 characters with a true heal and one with a pretty good damage negation on this team

• Blaze10017
    Blaze10017 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Well Majority of my roster are champed 3 stars on the 4 star side most of them have 1 cover like Xavier and valkarie some have around 5 to 7 covers examples rogue lady captain America gwenpool medusa and only ones around 8 to 13 are Jane foster and devil dino. Only 3 stars I don't have are gamora Dr doom thor loki punisher and a few i think I missed 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    IM40/Patch/Strang3 - use Recharge for green, blue, and red so you can throw out mega-strikes with patch and then do all kinds of boosted chip damage with Strang3 until somebody dies. Make sure there are enough greens on the board for Berserker Rage to do more good than harm though
    This right here. Against goons, when you have more board control and lots of triggers for Strange's passive yellow, there isn't a more effective 3-star team anyone can field. One cast of Recharge and it's over - just a matter of time before the goons commit suicide making countdowns.
    Cag3/Fist go awesome together with a ton of characters. Use Falcon as a 3rd if you want to buff tiles like crazy. Use Switch if you want to lean on Fist's cheap purple
    This is the better team against active (match-making) opponents. Set Cage's red to 5 so it neuters most incoming match damage. Set his black to 5 and let Fist fuel it with his purple. Switch is a decent third to fuel Fist, but really @ThaRoadWarrior nailed it on the head - use Falcon. He'll passively buff Cage's & Fist's auto-tiles on any yellow match and things can get out of hand quickly for your foes. If you do use Falcon with them, you can set Cage's red to 3 and Falcon will buff it high enough for you.