Daken strikes stolen by Hair Meddle [Investigating]

Options
St_Bernadus
St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
Opposing Medusa uses Hair Meddle to shuffle and steal special tiles. In the ensuing shuffle, a green match is made and my Daken generates 2 strikes as a result. Upon completion of the shuffle, specials moved are swapped to Medusa's side. And that included the strike tiles just generated by Daken, even though they were just produced and not moved by hair meddle.

I think this is not as intended.

//Edited Title -Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hair Meddle seems to work based purely on board coordinates, rather than tracking the specific tiles. So if she swaps a tile to the third tile down in the second row from the left, once the board settles, she will steal any A/P/S tile that might be the third down in the second row, regardless of whether that tile was actually one she swapped there, or one that fell there during a resulting cascade, or one that was generated during the process of the board settling and didn't even exist when the power was fired.
    Note that it works both ways. In addition to the above, if she did swap an A/P/S tile to that location, and it then fell to a spot where she hadn't swapped a tile, it won't be stolen.
    Given that this issue has existed since she was first released, I'm fairly certain that it's considered more trouble than it's worth to fix, and this is how it's going to continue working for the foreseeable future, regardless of whether or not it was the original intent.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just wanted to say that was way more than I expected! Wow!