How about a Raid for Thanksgiving?

rixmith
rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
It would be nice to have an untimed PVE event during the holiday weekend to provide the best opportunity to spend time with family and friends. Same with whatever event runs over Christmas. And now that we have the Raid concept, we can remove MPQ-placement stress. How about it?

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agreed with the notion of "untimed" events during holidays and weekends, but it still takes time to coordinate with your alliance on RAID and BOSS events.  The great thing about a boss event though is that once you finish round 8, everyone can take the rest of the event time off.  Strong active alliances can finish a boss event in 2 out of the 4 days.  RAID is great because of all the LTs you could get.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Just have a alliance event for the weekends
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    rixmith said:
    It would be nice to have an untimed PVE event during the holiday weekend to provide the best opportunity to spend time with family and friends. Same with whatever event runs over Christmas. And now that we have the Raid concept, we can remove MPQ-placement stress. How about it?
    Thanksgiving is not widely celebrated around the world, or not even on the same date. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wouldn't the best thing to do is to stop playing MPQ and put 100% focus into spending time with family and friends? At least that's what I do.

Untimed event like Places of Power or Wasp/Antman events are good ideas and I like these events. But it feels a little weird to link untimed event with opportunity to spend time with important people in your life. It feels like MPQ is a part time job.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    They wont, just as they wont at Christmas. Thats why they make new character releases occur over holiday time to ensure you cant put the game down without missing out. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's what I'm hoping for too. I want a raid for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas. Call it a holiday raid or make it a tribute to Stan Lee.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moving to suggestions

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    This touches on my love-hate relationship with the game.  I hate the time commitment it requires if you want to do well.  I don't want to play the game if I don't do well (meaning making good progress each week).  Playing competitively is like a part-time job.  You need to log a minimum number of hours each week to get a certain level of rewards AND you have to play at certain times of the day, making you schedule your life around it, just like a job.  Unlike a job though, I'm losing money instead of making money doing this (but I enjoy doing this unlike a regular job). 

The time commitment is why I've quit this game 4 times in the past 5 years.  But I've come to realize that if it was easy to get all rewards, then everyone would do it, and everyone would be (more or less) at the same level of play and no one would have an advantage over another.  This would destroy their business model of paying to win.  Or in other words, paying to have an advantage.  So, making the game difficult, separates the casual from the hard core.  The hard core get rewarded for their obsession.  Fortunately, the reward structure has been "flattened" so that hard core players only get a small advantage over semi-hard core players.  Apparently, Demiurge doesn't want to burn people out, but it happens anyway. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh man, I love MPQ during the holidays. My (extended) family is annoying.
  • shardwick
    bbigler said:
    This touches on my love-hate relationship with the game.  I hate the time commitment it requires if you want to do well.  I don't want to play the game if I don't do well (meaning making good progress each week).  Playing competitively is like a part-time job.  You need to log a minimum number of hours each week to get a certain level of rewards AND you have to play at certain times of the day, making you schedule your life around it, just like a job.  Unlike a job though, I'm losing money instead of making money doing this (but I enjoy doing this unlike a regular job). 

The time commitment is why I've quit this game 4 times in the past 5 years.  But I've come to realize that if it was easy to get all rewards, then everyone would do it, and everyone would be (more or less) at the same level of play and no one would have an advantage over another.  This would destroy their business model of paying to win.  Or in other words, paying to have an advantage.  So, making the game difficult, separates the casual from the hard core.  The hard core get rewarded for their obsession.  Fortunately, the reward structure has been "flattened" so that hard core players only get a small advantage over semi-hard core players.  Apparently, Demiurge doesn't want to burn people out, but it happens anyway. 
    They're burning people out hardcore so I hope that they change pve up very soon. Hell even for myself I'll be surprised if I'm still playing in six months with the current pve format. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    bbigler said:

They're burning people out hardcore so I hope that they change pve up very soon. Hell even for myself I'll be surprised if I'm still playing in six months with the current pve format. 
    Lol.
    People played through 3.5 hour refreshes, people played through 8 hour refreshes, people played without time slices, people played with roster based scaling.

If you're burning out on PVE in the current system, it's on you.

Drop down a clearance level until end grind takes 20 minutes, just go for progression, whatever have you.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess it depends what tier you are at. If you're in 5* land, then its 30 minutes and then 20 minutes at the end so thats a stroll nowadays. Time spent playing PVE definitely wont burn me out anymore but the repetitive nature of it might do eventually. Need more new events! 
  • shardwick
    Bowgentle said:
    shardwick said:
    bbigler said:

Lol.
    People played through 3.5 hour refreshes, people played through 8 hour refreshes, people played without time slices, people played with roster based scaling.

Drop down a clearance level until end grind takes 20 minutes, just go for progression, whatever have you.
    You're joking, right? People are quitting the game left and right. That's not on me, it's on D3 and Demi.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Bowgentle said:
    shardwick said:
    bbigler said:

Lol.

You're joking, right? People are quitting the game left and right. That's not on me, it's on D3 and Demi.
    Sure.
    Mass exodus.
    Like the last 4 years.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    It feels like MPQ is a part time job.
    It is, if you want both F2P and progress.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Just have a alliance event for the weekends
    Please... No.  Just No.  Every alliance event is over the weekends (Noon Thursday to Midnight Sunday Eastern time).  Just once, can we have one that isn't over the weekend.  Not everyone works 9-5 on weekdays.  It'd be nice if just once, the players in my alliance could participate in a meaningful way in an alliance event.

/so is every new character release, but that's a different fight for a different day.