Excluded characters, like weekly buffs.

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
I am seeing way too many threads about PVP teams like Thorkoye and whatnot, being all anyone see's.  How about we add to weekly buffs with weekly debuffs as well, this will encourage the use of a wider variety of your roster. We can even limit PVP events in certain situations to be 3*, 4*, or 5* only. 

What do you think?  Any excuse to use oddball characters i can find, i do.. but almost always in PVE, would love to find more uses in PVP as well.

Comments

• charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I personally have no interst in seeing any 5* characters debuffed in pvp; it takes a lot of time as it is and having the speed teams neutered for an event I think would upset a lot of players. However, adding a boosted 5* or two to the weekly buffs might not be so bad, not pve featured character levels of boosting mind you but maybe 15-20 levels on the weekly 5’s might open up a lot more variety of teams being played. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because speed in this game equates to better prizes and the time commitment to play competitively is huge, serious players have been conditioned to only desire fast teams and they don't want any changes that would slow things down.  BUT, this is not the way the game should be, IMO.  I think the game should be structured to allow players to get good rewards without playing the fastest teams.  MAKE PVE PROGRESSION ONLY.  Then players can explore new characters and strategies, even if they're not the fastest.  Locking out characters for PVE and PVP events, I think, is a good idea, because it would force variety.  If PVE wasn't so time intensive, this wouldn't be a problem, but a good thing.  Bring the puzzle back into MPQ!
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I have asked for the Heroic events to come back ever since they left.  Those of us who are completionists with every character love the idea.  Those who don't have all the chars hate it.

If I were a betting man, I bet you're going to see the exact same split on your idea for the exact same reasons.