Bishop (Classic) (11/13/18)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even though there are already supports that can heal characters like Lucky and Carol's Communicator, or support that increases the Amount of heal like Wasp Gauntlets or Yaro Roots, I welcome another support with a Rank 1 or Rank 3 perk that can heal (X-Men/Heroes) characters. 

I think Bishop's support could be something to do with protect tiles or ap gain or destruction.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Bishop synergy perk: When Bishop removes protect tiles, also heal him for XX amount.

They could be really mean and name it "Malcolm and Randall". :)

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not digging the ingame art of bishop. His arms make his hands look tiny. 

I wasnt wild about cable either. Maybe coming from the future messes with your body in ways nobody is prepared for.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's always possible there won't be a support tying into this character release: Domino didn't get one either.  It's probably a bit much to hope it's a sign of them addressing support availability.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    He is an interesting character but he is going to be very difficult to use without health packs.  He will probably be better in pve than pvp, he really needs a heal aspect even if it is not a true heal just to allow him to be usable  multiple times.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've decided that, until he's at a decent level and has at least some health, his best build is 0/5/5.  In his event he just suicides too easily.
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    tiomono said:

I wasnt wild about cable either. Maybe coming from the future messes with your body in ways nobody is prepared for.

My problem with Bishop's ingame art, is that when he's in front, you can't see the bottom tiles.  :(   Made worse when you're playing Bishop PVP and there's 2 of him blocking the tiles.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    His red says if his *teammates* get hit he'll jump to the front, right? But if I focus their Bishop, he ends up tanking damage for his red regardless.

Am I misunderstanding this? Is he really a character who'll eal nearly 4000 damage to you every time you do 1800 to him? That feels broken as heck. I mean...it's a nice counter to Gamrocket and Medusa but only on defense.
  • jamesh
    edited November 2018
    It seems stunning him just before he hits his threshold is the only real counter.  Which is why I was wondering whether he counts damage taken while stunned.
    As for the character himself, I can't really look at him the same way after the Messiah War story, and his subsequent appearances in the Cable solo series.  He was essentially a mad man travelling through time trying to murder a baby.  He also wouldn't think twice about committing genocide, rationalising that once he'd changed history everyone would be alive again.  He also rendered large portions of the earth uninhabitable to make his quest easier.
    Later books would try to rehabilitate his image by wiping his memory, but he's always seemed a bit tainted since then.

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    Been using him + Mr. F. + Prof. X in his event and holy cow I'm in love with him already. He's only at 1/1/1 but he's been super useful, I reached 900 points very quickly.

It's very easy to generate blue and keep the stun going with this team. Mr. F's blue stun an enemy and creates two protect tiles. Then Prof. X's yellow fires, creating another protect tile. When it's your turn, two protect tiles are removed to generate blue. If you use Mr. F's blue to setup a match-5, then Prof. X's passive activates and generates more blue since blue is most likely this team's strongest color. 

Main damage comes from buffing strike tiles created by Prof. X and double dip them with Imaginaut. It might not be the fastest team, but it's fun. With Bishop that the event provide for you taking most of the heavy damage, it saves me a lot of health packs. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    As expected, his passive is way out of whack.  I don’t want to use this term, the best way I can describe it, he is the new Gambit.  I had 1 move and had 12 blue AP. That is insane. Only good thing is with Token dilution and he won’t be in packs for some time, you won’t see a lot of him over 300.  Well....until they give him the Emma treatment and make him rewards and essential like she is right now.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

Bishop synergy perk: When Bishop removes protect tiles, also heal him for XX amount.

They could be really mean and name it "Malcolm and Randall". :)

On a serious note, didn't Bishop have like a watch with a hologram of his dearly departed sister Shard in it? Sounds like a perfect idea for a Support to me.
  • jamesh
    While Bishop is stunned, the damage count for his red stops accumulating.  So that's another strategy for dealing with him without triggering his retaliation.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember bishop had a watch that turned into a holdout laser pistol pretty early in the Jim Lee run on X-Men that was a neat gimmick. 

I saw some fun looking Bishop teams with XFDP on them in his PVP, and I was using him to decent effect (until he died) with a 5/3/5 Vulture/Thing combo - let Thing burn that green and then use Hybrid Tech Slicer with Vulture for decent damage and maximum special tile clearing. I did attempt my Chavez/Bishop/Bl4ck Widow team, but my widow is really under-level so it was only marginally effective at staying alive with a loaner Bishop in the middle.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's a lot of blue AP when there are quick stuns in the game.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:

It looks kinda like Deadpools hand when he was re-growing it... :P
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I was trying to work out why my 4* Cage's protect tiles kept disappearing ... my 0/0/1 Bishop kept taking them away to make 2 blue AP
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was trying to work out why my 4* Cage's protect tiles kept disappearing ... my 0/0/1 Bishop kept taking them away to make 2 blue AP
    Is the trade off worth it?
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Anon said:
    Definitely not with a 0/0/1 Bishop :) as it kept meaning I couldn't use Cage's yellow. But theres some interesting potential as a blue battery combo perhaps?

I stopped using Cage on the Bishop essential node after I saw what was happening
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Me, too. Drove me crazy for a while.
    Anon said:
    Definitely NOT worth it! You have to save up a ton of AP so C4ge can fire everything in one go... It neuters him, frankly.