Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I was using Wasp for a little while in Tough Luck, just for match damage, and I didn't have anyone else on the team with actives in her colours...
    I love how any mention of 5Wasp use is always (and immediately) followed by a justification for said usage.
    That fact that it's being justified by someone who has Wasp as their avatar is the icing on the cake. :smiley:
    4* Wasp is awesome. It really bums me out that her 5* version is such a disappointment.

On a different note, it really amuses me when the AI gets a ton of AP for a power that can't be effectively spammed. Watching Polarizing Force or Surgical Strike or something hit 1-3 tiles two turns in a row is hilarious :D
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    My 5*BP is 3/4/9 (4 saved covers) and 4*BP is lvl 303. I’m on day 1433. 5*BP is currently the last Classic 5* to be championed.

I’m wondering what’s going to happen first:
    1. getting another red cover from a random Classic pull - not likely
    2. getting the red cover from 4* BP champion reward - more likely
    3. getting 37 covers for Coulson to get him to 370 - what does that have to do with 5*BP?
    4. getting a black or yellow cover from a random Classic pull - not very likely
    5. getting the black cover from day 1810 Daily Resupply (around a year from today) - guaranteed
    6. me getting impatient and swapping 3 saved covers to champion him - very likely
    7. the server shutting down - guaranteed soon
    8. I quit playing - inevitable
    9. other - other things always happen first

• TPF Alexis
    Is it just me, or does anyone else get thrown off by the fact that Psylocke doesn't have a purple power?
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I reckon we were still calling it pink back when Psylocke was introduced so it wouldn’t have been appropriate. Waaaaay back in the days of the great pink / purple wars. 🤗
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    I reckon we were still calling it pink back when Psylocke was introduced so it wouldn’t have been appropriate. Waaaaay back in the days of the great pink / purple wars. 🤗

You may have called it pink, but the code calls it Purple. Play Gwenpool if you want it to be called pink. :p
  • TPF Alexis
    I just noticed Apocalypse's belt buckle, and maybe it's just sleep dep, but now, all I can think of when I look at him is that Jeff Foxworthy bit: "If a police officer asks you for identification, and you show him your belt buckle, you might be a redneck."
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    If you use Mystique's shapeshifting power on an enemy Mystique who has used that power on one of your team mates, will she turn into your team mate or Mystique?
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    This game just sucks
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you use Mystique's shapeshifting power on an enemy Mystique who has used that power on one of your team mates, will she turn into your team mate or Mystique?
    She’ll turn into your teammate.  I’ve done this a few times in lightning rounds.

It’s more fun to shapeshift into Galactus, though.
  • TPF Alexis
    ZootSax said:
    She’ll turn into your teammate.  I’ve done this a few times in lightning rounds.

It’s more fun to shapeshift into Galactus, though.
    Even better:
    OK, maybe not the best, but it amused me:

See those purple countdowns in the lower left? Both Mystiques are currently Shapeshifted into each other. Or more accurately, the enemy Mystique is Shapeshifted into my Mystique, and then my Mystique is Shapeshifted into the enemy Mystique disguised as my Mystique :o

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    My 5*BP is 3/4/9 (4 saved covers) and 4*BP is lvl 303. I’m on day 1433. 5*BP is currently the last Classic 5* to be championed.

I’m wondering what’s going to happen first:
    1. getting another red cover from a random Classic pull
    2. getting the red cover from 4* BP champion reward
    3. getting 37 covers for Coulson to get him to 370
    4. getting a black or yellow cover from a random Classic pull
    5. getting the black cover from day 1810 Daily Resupply (around a year from today)
    6. me getting impatient and swapping 3 saved covers to champion him
    7. the server shutting down
    8. I quit playing
    9. other
    The heat death of the universe.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2018
    So let me get this straight...

We can use Angel and Archangel together even though they are the same person, but
    we can't use both Wasps even though they are different people
    or Cho and Banner Hulks who are also different people.

I'm ok with not using both Venoms because the symbiote is the same, which
    also explains why Jane Foster can't play with other Thors since they share Mjolnir, but
    Shouldn't she be able to play alongside GladiaThor since he no longer has his hammer?

Did I miss anyone else with an odd situation?

Edit: Ghost Rider; Same Ghost, different Rider. Venom situation.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:

We can use Angel and Archangel together even though they are the same person, but

also explains why Jane Foster can't play with other Thors since they share Mjolnir, but
    Shouldn't she be able to play alongside GladiaThor since he no longer has his hammer?

We also can't use Teen Jean or Phoenix together. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a tiny bit weird to me that you can't use MCU/MTV versions of a character with their comic book version. The only reason I say that is because of the multiple universes thing. The 5* Daredevil, for example, isn't the 3* version in a different costume. They are two different Matts. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:

I do Believe the Ghosts are different for Johnny and Robbie too. Johnny is possessed by a bonafide demon, Robbie is possessed by the spirit of a deceased Satanist if I recall my wikidive correctly.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Random MPQ Thought of the Day:
    I really want to get the Pocket Radio support (preferably at Rank 3), but just to equip on Devil Dinosaur.  If there was ever an MPQ character that needed a radio....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:

Well Archangel/Death is actually a different persona to Warren (Uncanny X-Force being the best example of this)  but I tend to agree that the distinction seems a bit arbitrary as they share the same body.

Mjolnir gives the user the power of "Thor", in Thor Ragnarok we learn that Thor has that power regardless of the hammer so I guess that might explain that one (even if I don't agree with it).

The Cho/Banner Hulk makes no sense whatsoever, as neither does the Wasp situation.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    My Random MPQ Thought of the Day:
    I really want to get the Pocket Radio support (preferably at Rank 3), but just to equip on Devil Dinosaur.  If there was ever an MPQ character that needed a radio....

Can we get him/her the rollerskates too?