Dispersal doesn't bounce a creature, but does force the discard [Fixed]

ElfNeedsFood
ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
It seems that the Dispersal spell from Discovery // Dispersal is only causing a discard and not a bounce followed by the discard.

//Edited Title -Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had both occur. It's worked as intended all but one time. The time that it failed, I was attempting to bounce a creature that had been reinforced once. It lost the reinforcement but remained in play.

• Magagumo
    Magagumo Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2018
    agreed @madwren.  It seemed like it mattered whether the opp had 6 cards in hand (which left a creature) or if they had space (then it fully bounced).
  • ElfNeedsFood
    I will need to play with it in different scenarios to vet out what does doesn't work.  It doesn't seem like "lose a reinforcement" it the expected behavior either?  I thought it would be a great Gaea bouncer, but I can't trust it at the moment...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I will need to play with it in different scenarios to vet out what does doesn't work.  It doesn't seem like "lose a reinforcement" it the expected behavior either?  I thought it would be a great Gaea bouncer, but I can't trust it at the moment...
    Based on the description, I would expect the creature to return to the opponent's hand, regardless of how many reinforcements it had. 

I'll pass this issue along to the team.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    In testing this, I was not able to reproduce loss of a reinforcement, but it does seem that a full hand will consistently cause the no bounce followed by a discard, which might be by design. 
  • biopower
    biopower Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    That could be intentional, but inconsistent with many other bounce cards - they tend to specify "if your opponent has 5 or fewer cards in hand" if they don't bounce when your opponent's hand is full and also fail to trigger or cast. In this case, Dispersal can't be cast with no creatures in play (a case where it's impossible to bounce a creature) but can be cast with a creature in play but the opponent has a full hand (which is inconsistent with the above).
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    madwren said:
    I've had both occur. It's worked as intended all but one time. The time that it failed, I was attempting to bounce a creature that had been reinforced once. It lost the reinforcement but remained in play.

is it freeze?
  • Ark
    Ark Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I was going to make a post about this, but I found this one. I can attest to this as well.

Dispersal is cast, no creatures are returned to the opponent's hand, but they discard a card regardless.
    This happened on one of the PvP nodes in the most recent "pay 20 gems to enter" event. I never remember what they are called.

I tried to duplicate the behavior in the BFZ PvE campaign, but the card worked as intended every time I tried, so I couldn't gather any more data on it from that.