Heroes only Lightning Rounds 18-21.03

12345679»

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Emeryt wrote:
    The last LR was the most I've ever used Patch, needless to say. I'm sold.
    Yeah, for the last two days I used him quite often. In LR, together with boosted Hulk and Punisher, they are a very tough opponent.

I'm stuck with a 1-3-3 build and have been for some time. I bumped him up to level 60 for these LR's, and with the buff he is pretty impressive...paired with Punisher, he's a beast.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Yeah, for the last two days I used him quite often. In LR, together with boosted Hulk and Punisher, they are a very tough opponent.

I'm stuck with a 1-3-3 build and have been for some time. I bumped him up to level 60 for these LR's, and with the buff he is pretty impressive...paired with Punisher, he's a beast.
    I think so. I just don't feel it to pump ISO into a character, which almost identical incarnation I already have maxed.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Emeryt wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

I think so. I just don't feel it to pump ISO into a character, which almost identical incarnation I already have maxed.
    which would be?..
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    locked wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    which would be?..

2* Wolvie probably. I can understand what he's saying because I was the same way. But he is just too strong to overlook so I caved in and made him my main char now. Even if he had no other abilities than the passive healing I'd still use him just for that to tank enemy match damage away.
  • locked wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

which would be?..
    That's what happens when I open plenty of unread threads... Bacon Pants is talking bout Patch while I assumed He's talking about LazyThor lol.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Yeah I was sure you were talking about the 2 Thors since Wolverine** is in no way a replica of Patch, one is universal and offers straight forward average rewards, the other has to be built around and offers major bonuses/downsides.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    which would be?..

2* Wolvie probably. I can understand what he's saying because I was the same way. But he is just too strong to overlook so I caved in and made him my main char now. Even if he had no other abilities than the passive healing I'd still use him just for that to tank enemy match damage away.

That's my best guess also but it's way off then. Patchie is nothing like identical to post-nerf AW. The regen got migrated over with increased pace. Damage abilities massively increased green vomes with what, 4x the direct hit?) and amazingly strong tiles created -- for both teams.

AW was my main workhorse for ages, we I think we can say the old form was quite trivial to play, you hold on some red, spam greens, sit back and win.

After change it was quite a shock, much weaker tiles, half the spam rate. And the major: NO REGEN? Later turned out the yellow skill is not that useless after all and making some yellow picks adds substantial amount of health... Yet the main style changed little.

While Patchie is completely different. You can play it the old way -- and see yourself nuked half the parties or more. No, he needs actual strategy, tactics and importantly support. Can you finish the game right that turn? Prepare other abilities for armageddon. Or look who will pick up purples afterward. Or write them over. Watch out for enemy attack tiles, oasis, thor yellow and others.

Beyond the name I reealy see very little in common.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    That's what happens when I open plenty of unread threads... Bacon Pants is talking bout Patch while I assumed He's talking about LazyThor lol.

Now that makes way more sense, I even double checked the context to see it was not it icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Sorry for the confusion folks! I don't have any opinion on lazy Thor yet...he's currently 1-1-1 so he isn't too useful. Patch though, I understand why people swear by him now. I hope I can improve on my 1-3-3 build of him soon as I'd like to get him leveled up more.
  • especially good with people who can write or change tiles like loki, GSBW and both mags.
    Mags prob safest as 5 blue you can overwrite 2 tiles at max already.
    That means that if there's only 5 purps on screen and one of them is ready for a 3 match, you'll absolutely destroy the enemy within the next 5 turns or so.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    I entered the last one about 30 seconds later than I usually do and my first three opponents were two seed teams and Nemek icon_e_surprised.gif

Fun stuff.

Had that happen to me in a Villain LR last week.
  • Made some good iso on this tourney at least 20k of iso.